Help on Fiddle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shatterlight

02-27-2010

Jadedmoon, your item build is TERRIBLE. Just saying. Berserker's Greaves are horrible for Fiddlesticks. By 'Window Maker', you must mean Last Whisper. Why? As Fiddlesticks, towers aren't your job. Your job is screwing up the enemies hiding underneath the tower, while your teammates smash it up. Philosopher's Stone? Just a plain bad idea for Fiddlez.

I almost miss the days I was low enough ELO to get quadkills...now, the people are either to smart or to afraid of me.

La Migra, I dislike your build because it looks like a nukestix. Nukestix builds I think are kinda bleck, but I may try yours at some point. The problem is, I feel Fiddlesticks is only a nuker in the midgame. Lategame, he is a disabler, and I like to be in the fight long enough to do the disabling and not cost my team by dying.

My build is
1. Doran's Ring
2. Sorceror's Shoes
3. Rod of Ages
4. Either counteritem, or Rylai's Crystal Scepter.
Game over.

The pen/ap from those items and the base damage make Crowstorm still a force to be reckoned with, AND I can still be a valuable teamfighter without it. My problem with Nukestix is that it relies on the enemies stupidity, and Crowstorm. Stupid players feed you with Crowstorm. Average players avoid it. Smart players counter it.

jadedmoon

02-27-2010

well Khimaera i didnt say that my build was the best for fiddle, but that was one that i used.
i basically get AP items and reg items, since he uses magic.
but attack speed is very nice, so i like last whisper.
or i build up my MP

Kinney

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khimaera View Post
La Migra, I dislike your build because it looks like a nukestix. Nukestix builds I think are kinda bleck, but I may try yours at some point. The problem is, I feel Fiddlesticks is only a nuker in the midgame. Lategame, he is a disabler, and I like to be in the fight long enough to do the disabling and not cost my team by dying.

My build is
1. Doran's Ring
2. Sorceror's Shoes
3. Rod of Ages
4. Either counteritem, or Rylai's Crystal Scepter.
Game over.

The pen/ap from those items and the base damage make Crowstorm still a force to be reckoned with, AND I can still be a valuable teamfighter without it. My problem with Nukestix is that it relies on the enemies stupidity, and Crowstorm. Stupid players feed you with Crowstorm. Average players avoid it. Smart players counter it.
Fair enough. It's more of a laning build, really, as I've only recently started to really get jungling down to a science. The Haunting Guise rush is to aid Dark Wind spam pushes, for example.

Kinney

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedmoon View Post
well Khimaera i didnt say that my build was the best for fiddle, but that was one that i used.
i basically get AP items and reg items, since he uses magic.
but attack speed is very nice, so i like last whisper.
or i build up my MP
Attack speed on any caster is a bad idea, unless they're a hybrid caster like Sion, Taric, or possibly Kayle. Fiddle is definitely NOT a hybrid caster.

Silent Reaper

02-27-2010

I personally don't like any of the builds everyone else is giving to you, so just follow my advice and you will be the perfect anti-counter to Dps carries such Master Yi

Crow Storm > Fear > Drain > Darkwind

Then go for
Haunting Guise
Sorcery Boots
Rylai's Scepter
Deathfire Grasp
Zhonya's
Mejais'Soul Eater
Replace after Haunting Guise with Abysall Scepter

At the start of of every fight just cast fear and drain hp.

For more fun, get to a really low hp, and try to lure a really dumb player to tower dive you, and at the last second, cast fear + drain, and watch in a sadistic laughter how they will die in less then 3 seconds.

Make things easier, get Rylai's Scepter, and see how hard it is for them to escape you're evil presence

Also...screw the people that tell you to get darkwind, its for people who don't have the balls to do any actual offensive tactic. Silence for 2 seconds you might say? Its useless.

Masteries
9/0/21

Runes:
Quint + Red: Magic Penetration
Yellow: Whatever you want
Blue: Probably Cooldown reduction so you can spam you're fear spell.

Guide on how to use Ultimate.

Cast ultimate in bush, then cast fear, then cast drain.

If you were smart and got Fear and Rylai's scepter asap, they'll be dead instantly.
Just don't gank an enemy champion at full health.

Fiddle sticks is not one of those, "ill kill you in 2 seconds" champions.

Hes the "if you have less then half you're hp, i will (Insert any bad word) you"
Hes the guy in teamfights that says "im going to make you're strongest player who's dishing dps, useless for 3.5 seconds a.k.a. use fear.

Also, if an enemy is running cast FEAR, you're teamates will make sure they die a painful death.

Summoner Spells

Flash + Clairvoyance (and or Ignite)

Clairvoyance is good for not getting ganked in bushes.... You're extremely fragil and should take precautions to not die.

Also.....drain heals you for +160 hp per second..

If an enemy comes and thinks he can kill you, cast drain and watch in laughter how you will actually be getting more hp then he/she can dish out.

Dumspta

02-27-2010

I usually go

Faerie charm, rejuv beads, health pot
Haunting Guise
boots
Mejai's
Sorcerers boots
Then depending how the game goes:
Abyssal staff or crystal scepter and so on

Magic penetration does more for fiddle since his AP coefficients are low. If you're still new and will not benefit from mejai's, substitute mejai's for a rod of ages

If I'm laning, I prefer to prioritize dark wind up to lvl 3. then fear to lvl 3, then drain while getting crowstorm when available. I've noticed if you go fear-drain for early ganking, it becomes a little risky depending on who you're facing. Rank 1 drain is all you need to regain health from any lane minion. The goal for dark wind is to try to get as many bounces on the enemy champion as possible, so try to cast when only a few lane minions are left. Dark wind uses fairly low mana so use it as much as your mana regain lets you while keeping mana for a fear-drain combo for an opportune time.

A good tip for crowstorm is to cast behind a wall and land on the opposite side. An example is the 4 ghoul jungle location in the middle lane. If you click the wall, you won't disturb the ghouls.

McCurry

02-27-2010

Fiddle is a tough char to play, but you won't fail with these items... many people fail cuz they try to go paper cannon too much. Fiddle is a crazy ganker due to fact that he can jungle early and crowstorm + horror = dead champ.

Use this build early:

Catalyst
AP boots,
Meja Souleater

Trust me you will dominate

Marmatag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

I dont like any of these builds :/

I am level 26, and i have more wins than losses, and as fiddlesticks i've won a lot and lost a few, when i was new to him.

I like stacking some AP, and using magic pen.

Here's my item list, the order varies depending on how you're doing.

Dorans Ring
Catalyst, Boots
Rod of Ages
Mejais
Rylais
Void Staff

ultimately sell the dorans ring if the game goes on long enough. Being able to have wards, or drink elixers is nice.

I like the extra hit points because when you crow storm, you get targeted, and it pays to be survivable. Also, people say you don't want ability power because of low coefficients. But with high hit points and high Ability Power, your drain hits for 350+, and you have over 3500 hit points. This makes you extremely hard to kill.

Because of the numbers of kills you'll be getting this build isn't that hard to achieve. Provided you know how to gank lanes, once you're 6+.

Masteries i go 9/0/TheRest.
Summoner abilities, i take Flash and Fatigue.

Cooldown reduction you get from several sources. And i dont believe you need to stack it like people are suggesting, because as long as your abilities are up for teamfights, you're fine. Win late game teamfights = win game.

Also - if your crowstorm is getting interrupted, you are playing fiddlesticks wrong. Crowstorm is accompanied by a teleport for a reason.