Help on Fiddle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaz3king

02-27-2010

I got fiddle a while back ago and decided to play him. without knowing anything about him i went 2-3-4 being carried bad. It was my first game to test his moves and i learned he is an ap build so i went sheen ,soc boots,soulstealer,lich,rycilis sceptor, and game was over. and i realize fiddle isnt a laner he just hides in the brush and has to ambush to kill.
Im asking if someone experince can tell me how to play fiddle and his build. or what to change of what i did up there.i Skilled in wing,fear,wing,drain,ult. then ult wing,fear,drain
in that order.

Ty in advance and excuse me for spelling and wall of text.

Omfglolo

02-27-2010

i'm level 16 and have played fiddle exclusively from about lvl 3-16.

first of all, fiddle is great at defending lanes. if your team will give you the solo lane at the start, you should take it as fiddle. that being said, i would not initiate a fight as fiddle against the other team's solo laner. stay back and use dark wind as often as possible. even when you use DW on minions it will often hit the player behind them as well. try to stay out of the other players range. anticipate when he's going to use his harrass move and step back. at early levels you will go down fast so be extremely careful when venturing out from your turret. Fiddle is a terrible pusher because he cant damage turrets well. For this reason I dont try to push too hard. Just stay back leveling and harrassing. only push behind other teammates or when you can see all 5 enemy champions are away from you on the map.

At level 6 start looking for an opportunity to own someone with Crowstorm. If you started in middle, you can go gank top or bottom (they will be lvl 3-4, 5 at most) with crowstorm. I usually run from the center to the inside bushes at the top or bottom lane and wait for the enemy to push just a bit too far and crow in behind him. I like to use Flash and Ghost for fiddles, because they basically guarantee you at least 1 kill with crowstorm, and also because theyre great for escaping death if you get surprised by a gank. the typical combo is: Crowstorm from bushes-->if you are still a bit out of range, immediately flash as close to the enemy as possible-->fear-->DW-->drain. Very important to note at the start of game which enemies have flash as it could totally waste your crowstorm. If you are afraid of the enemy getting away before you cast Crows, then cast ghost before channeling crows. The idea with this gameplan is to get strong early by solo laning 1-6ish, then get a kill or two, and some good items, and from there your crows are insanely powerful midgame. Anytime your crows are up, you should be looking for a way to flank an enemy and kill him with the above combo.

Skills: Priority is CS>DW>Fear>Drain. Starting out, DW first, then one point in Drain. After that, level DW as often as possible, followed by Crows and Fear. Late game Fear is an Amazing CC that helps your team immensely. Drain is the last thing you want to level beyond 1 point. Another option is to level fear before dark wind for the combo of Crows->fear, but i usually level DW first.

Remember DW has a silence as well which is very powerful in group fights. basically making the enemies unable to cast anything for a couple seconds can turn a fight very quickly.

as far as items.. there are some good guides out there for this. early on, if you're playing carefully and not feeding you will run out of mana fairly easily. some people pick doran's ring for this. i prefer sapphire crystal because doran's ring won't build into anything. picking sapphire crystal makes you a bit squishier early because you lose health, but if you're careful you can still stay alive.

from there you will want boots, which you will later turn into sorc shoes (some people also get boots of swiftness. i usually go with sorc shoes. also fiendish codex is good for fiddles. i get it almost every game. the combo of mana regen and AP is exactly what fiddles needs through midgame. Mejaj's soulstealer is a great item too.

late game items: if you're up against a lot of tanks, get deathfire grasp. the ability it comes with is awesome to knock their HP to hell. (example: channel crows from brush or while enemy is distracted, as soon as crows casts: Fear, Deathfire, Dark wind, Drain =Dead enemy). against caster-heavy team, i'd definitely pick abyssal scepter. this is a no-brainer. Other good items include rod of ages, lich bane, and archangels' staff.

late-late game i'd just stack zhonya's.

Runes I have blue AP (straight or per lvl are both good. per lvl maybe slightly better), Yellow Health, red magic pen, quint i'd take magic pen or CD reduction. Other guides exist also with differing opinions if you want to get other ideas.

Sorry for the rambling. hope this helps. also my favorite guide is at http://hubpages.com/hub/League-of-Le...lesticks-Guide

Sheverash

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

fiddle is very guerilla tactic centric. You have to stay in back and dark wind/ CS+ Flash ftw when its up. He is a Spell pen build not AP.

Items:
Meki Pendant
Sorc boots
Meki-> Fiendish Codex
Cataylst-> Rod of Ages
Giants belt-> Rylies Scepter
Abyssal Scepter
Codex-> Deathfire's grasp
normally dont get much past this but you could go Zhonya's Ring I guess if offensive or maybe Banshees Veil if defensive.

If you dont die alot Mejai's Soulstealer is a great early item but it is very dependant on being pro with fiddle.

CroCopKick

02-27-2010

cool

JokerES

02-27-2010

The most powerful Fiddles I've seen as of late have been jungling ones. Not only does this help you by giving you a lot of gold quickly, but it also means you have TWO solo-lanes, meaning that mid-game you'll have two-three high level players rather than just the one or two.

That being said, I don't have a clue on skills or items, but I'm sure you can find a guide on the forums somewhere.

Omfglolo

02-27-2010

I've tried jungling and it's very difficult to keep up with teammates level-wise. If you give jungling a shot though, you'll want to get drain at level 1. Drain is amazing for jungling.

The reason I don't like Rylai's scepter is that it doesn't proc often enough. It only procs at the start of drain, not continuously, and i've been told by a few people that it doesn't proc at all for crowstorm. that being said, if youre in a game and mana isnt a problem for you, it'd be at least worth trying out.

Ninja Cyborg

02-27-2010

pregame
for summoner spells I strongly recommend having ignite and flash.
Masteries should be 9/0/21 focusing on cooldown reduction, and making sure you get the masteries for ignite and flash.

starting strat
starting item - Ruby crystal. This is the only item that allows you to go solo mana golem.
1st skill - drain.
After getting golem, go lane. Get dark wind as the 2nd skill for harassing and silencing.

Skill order
Crowstorm>drain>fear>dark wind
seriously. All the good fiddlesticks go for drain. This is because it does insane amounts of damage while they are feared, and keeps you alive during your ult even when diving a tower with 3 enemy heroes at it. It also allows you to be fearless in the laning phase, taking damage and then draining your hp back.

Item build
Ruby crystal (to get mana golem lvl1)
Mejai's (to get the ball rolling)
Sorc boots (magic pen)
ruby crystal>catalyst>rod of ages (survivability and mana and ap... perfect)
Void staff (magic pen and AP)
Guardian angel (usually I'd have full stacks by now, and this allows me to be more suicidal)
Zhonyas (just that little bit extra AP)

Random tips
The combo to get kills is
[crowstorm from bushes or flash]>[flash if you haven't used it yet]>[fear]>[silence]>[drain]>[ignite]

To do this you have 4 options:
1) go from where they can't see you, like a wall or a bush.
2) go when they are pre-occupied in team fights etc
3) if being chased run into a bush and quickly ult
4) flash and do the combo without the ult to kill low hp champs in the laning phase.

Kinney

02-27-2010

I've played over 100 games with Fiddle and have won the majority of them. Omfglolo gives good advice on the playstyle, but I thought I'd share a few notes on items. Fiddle actually has quite low AP coefficients, which means that a lot of the time it's more beneficial to stack magic penetration than it is to stack AP. Furthermore, with relatively long cooldowns, CD reduction is a good thing to have. My usual item build is thus:

Faerie Charm + Rejuvenation Bead -> rush Haunting Guise
Sorc Shoes
Abyssal Scepter or Void Staff
Banshee's Veil (for survivability and most importantly to keep Crowstorm from being interrupted)
Abyssal Scepter or Void Staff (whichever you didn't build earlier)
Deathfire Grasp

This is all easily achievable throughout the course of an average game. Sometime I switch up the order of Void Staff/Deathfire Grasp/Abyssal Scepter depending on how things have been going - ie, if I feel I need more CDR or if they have a really hard to kill tank type (think a full-growth MF'ing Cho'gath) I'll build Deathfire earlier, if they're stacking MR because I've Crowstormed too much face, I'll emphasize MPen, and so forth.

Omfglolo

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Migra View Post
I've played over 100 games with Fiddle and have won the majority of them. Omfglolo gives good advice on the playstyle, but I thought I'd share a few notes on items. Fiddle actually has quite low AP coefficients, which means that a lot of the time it's more beneficial to stack magic penetration than it is to stack AP. Furthermore, with relatively long cooldowns, CD reduction is a good thing to have. My usual item build is thus:

Faerie Charm + Rejuvenation Bead -> rush Haunting Guise
Sorc Shoes
Abyssal Scepter or Void Staff
Banshee's Veil (for survivability and most importantly to keep Crowstorm from being interrupted)
Abyssal Scepter or Void Staff (whichever you didn't build earlier)
Deathfire Grasp

This is all easily achievable throughout the course of an average game. Sometime I switch up the order of Void Staff/Deathfire Grasp/Abyssal Scepter depending on how things have been going - ie, if I feel I need more CDR or if they have a really hard to kill tank type (think a full-growth MF'ing Cho'gath) I'll build Deathfire earlier, if they're stacking MR because I've Crowstormed too much face, I'll emphasize MPen, and so forth.

interesting idea. i'm gonna try this.

jadedmoon

02-27-2010

I bought fiddle couple a days ago and im must say i love that hero!! i own everyone and everything.
First skill Drain is the best skill he has is SOO op! that is sick!
I killed 2 people at the same time, one tanker and a dps. and i won. since i used drain,fear and Dark wind.

When it comes to playing him just be carefull at the start, but if you have good teamm8 on ur lane then aid him on push, since drain is just to Hardcore .. people get scared.
I lvl up drain ,dark wind at the start then fear. Fear helps u in tight places when there is enemys and pluss while an enemy is feared u can drain his LIFE!!..
Crowstorm is every nice skill, every good to go behind the enemy when ur team pushes and u go take CS behind them, pluss pop up a drain and u live.

When it comes to items i kinda hard , since there is alot of nice items for him.
I get :

Sorc shoes/ shoes that gives u 25 % Attack speed
Banshee' viel
Abyssal scepter
Window maker
death grip
philosers stone
that works fine with me, since when u get window maker, u get 20 more dmg (normal) and 40% speed.
help u in more pushing lanes.