Connection Timeout: The request to the PvP.net server timed out.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rzzaa

04-17-2011

So i've been having this problem for months now.
If i dont start a match before a minute or so i'll get disconnected from PvP and i'll get this message: "Connection Timeout: The request to the PvP.net server timed out." And if i try it again my client will crash with the message: "Session closed."

It basically means that i have to start a match immediatly after logging in or my client will crash. And with the new login queque you can imagine how horrible this is.

I dont always have this problem. Normally i'll have it for a week, then the game will run smoothly for a week before the problem comes back.

This is just the main problem.
People will often try to invite me to a game and i wont recieve the invite until my client normalizes. Or they will get into champion select when i'm still stuck in arranging team. I believe these problems are connected.

I could tell you about a dozen other of other problems i often experience.
But i'll be satisfied if i can fix this one because it is definetily the most annoying one.

I've had to reinstall the game 3 times in the past due to other bugs or whatever they were. But it'll only fix it temporarily.
I'm desperate for help. Its gotten so bad that i can't even play half the time.

Thank you.

ggRelly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2011

Have you tried adding an exception for LoL in your firewall

rzzaa

04-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxKINGxl View Post
Have you tried adding an exception for LoL in your firewall
Yes i actually did just now. Did the same on my AVG antivirus.
The problem did not go away.

yoad1

04-17-2011

I have the same problem too..i dont know what to do..

rzzaa

04-18-2011

Wanna add that i cannot do ranked games anymore because champion select takes a while and i lose connection to PvP which makes everything freeze.

Can i please get some help with this?

rzzaa

04-18-2011

Alright so i tried my last solution today and portforwarded LoL through my router and it did not work.

I am all out of ideas...
Any help would be appreciated.

ThaLaughingMan

04-18-2011

I've been having this same problem for the past week. I cannot find a solution and this is really starting to piss me off. I have paid a good amount of money to RIOT while I've been playing this game, even though I don't have to, I do because I really enjoy playing and I play a lot. Well, now I haven't been able to and the problem just popped up out of nowhere. One day I was playing, next day keep getting disconnected from PvP.net chat, then again, then connection time out, then I pretty much get booted with the session has closed error message. I really don't want to get the firewall questions and such, all been checked and like I said, this just popped up after it had been working for months. I will be demanding my money back if this doesn't get fixed soon, and with all the people I see pissed off in these forums with the crappy service they are receiving, I'm sure there are many others who feel and wish to do the same.

ibeporkinyou

04-18-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=674255 this is my forum and as u can see i have the same effin problem luckily for me i haven't put money in this game but was about to the day these problems arose. i think it might have something to do with the update. there was one not to long wasnt there ? anyways any help with this and several other problems that have recently rendered this game useless would be greatly appreciated. oh and one more thing how do u get in to other game modes and maps ? do u have to buy em and if so where i haven't really seen a way to .

rzzaa

04-18-2011

Just installed CCleaner on my computer, cleaned out my entire registry (which had about 3000 LoL data) and reinstalled. It made the game run way smoother, but the problem is still there.

rzzaa

04-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son6of6dawn6 View Post
I have paid a good amount of money to RIOT while I've been playing this game, even though I don't have to, I do because I really enjoy playing and I play a lot.
As have I. Im sure i've spent well over 200 dollars on LoL.
So i really hope i get some help with this issue.