[GUIDE]: Mordekaiser - The Smashinator

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vylt

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminD View Post
The high dammage + items / summoner spells that CC is not a good idea. The reason is simple.

I have already addressed this but I will emphasize...Morde must do dammage WITH ABIILTIES to block dammage. Hence, items increasing dammge do not help your shield and therefor, your attacks are infact not your life.
While I'm not going to say which way to go is best, but this is just misinformation. Attack damage items ARE actually useful. I dont know if they are the best, I haven't done the math, but Heart of Spades, the lowest CD move Mord has, is

Attack Damage + Bonus Damage (*2 for 1-2 targets, *3 for 3 targets)

Raising attack damage directly improves the damage of your most spammable move.

02-27-2010

Raike, love the guide. This is how I play my Mord more or less and have rolled over most teams. (Bad teamates in solo que is always ftl) I also enjoyed the humor, though maybe that's because I've read none of Condon's posts?

Here's a small suggestion you might try, it has worked well for me but your mileage may vary. Get 1 rank in your swirly metal shield at level 3. I've found that this serves a few purposes early game. 1. If you open on a creep wave with Mace(to fill shield), toss on the metal shards(to make your shield harder to drain), run through their creeps(to maintain shield) and fire a Siphon at the enemy heroes you can safely harass the piss out of them. 2. Mord is such a good pusher you spend alot of time watching them hide at their tower. Throw your metal shards onto the tank minnion as it goes up to their tower. This gives it even MORE survivability and discourages melee heroes from trying to kill it giving your creeps more time to dmg their tower. It seems like a small advatage but it's added up to easy lvl6 tower downs for me. 3. A siphon and mace hit don't instantly obliterate some jungle creeps like it should so you throw on your metal swirl before you go in and watch them die. 4. This one is minor but with the psychology of LoL (Don't stand in puddles, spirit fires, etc.) sometimes just the appearance of the aoe will keep enemies on their toes and second guessing attacking you or the carry that you put it on.

Another suggestion is for runes. I run magic pen in my marks and currently my quints. Since you buy tank items with mord and the only magic pen items are for squishy mana users the magic pen can help alot with early harrass, keeping your shield filled more since it fills on magic damage you deal, and doing more smashing with your spammable(yet sadly non AP friendly) spells.

Let me know what you think.

zarthforums

02-27-2010

Only reason morde goes AD should be for mace of spades and lifesteal, hence 2x bloodthirster's more than enough.

The problem with morde going full tank is that he has no CC ability. Other tanks have knockups, stuns, taunts, knockbacks etc. Morde has 1 nuke, 1 attack buff based on AP, 1 shield that does **** dot to nearby units but has nice armor buff, and a DOT ult that does less dmg than you just igniting. You pretty much need sunfires or some sort of damage to make you viable threat to smart players.

Raike

02-27-2010

@Avatar:

I like it. I've tried this a few times myself, and find myself trying it every couple of games. I can't say that I notice a huge difference, but it changes the play a little bit. I will say that it combined with sunfire in late game teamfights is quite a pain in the ass for the enemy team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarthforums View Post
Only reason morde goes AD should be for mace of spades and lifesteal, hence 2x bloodthirster's more than enough.

The problem with morde going full tank is that he has no CC ability. Other tanks have knockups, stuns, taunts, knockbacks etc. Morde has 1 nuke, 1 attack buff based on AP, 1 shield that does **** dot to nearby units but has nice armor buff, and a DOT ult that does less dmg than you just igniting. You pretty much need sunfires or some sort of damage to make you viable threat to smart players.
Rylai's or Frozen Mallet is the solution here. A reoccurring slow item that gives you HP is always welcome.