Akali vs Brand in mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cestia

04-17-2011

I've been playing Akali a lot recently (considering her as my new main) but recently I've had some trouble dealing with Brand in mid.

I usually pack Exhaust and Ignite for early game kills and go for Hextech revolver as my first item.

When I hit mid I start harassing Brand with my Q and dodge his skill shots (depending on the skill of Brand player he will miss 80% of the time). Once W is up I throw it down near him to push him back/deny the lane. If he's close enough I'll dash out with Q and auto-attack for harassment or throw out my summoner spells for the kill.

This is all great in theory but in reality I just get pushed back every time. Brand will either use his circle of fire in my shroud or stun me as I rush in for harassment. Even his small combos will reduce my to 50% hp and leave me cowering underneath my tower (I'm packing hp and magic pen runes). If I do get him down to less than 20% he will just run off or stun me.

I've considered just dropping mid when brand is in game just to avoid getting slammed early game.

Anyone got any advice, tips or observations about this situation. How do you deal with Brand as an Akali player?

chazhk

04-17-2011

I find vs brand its easier to use your Q n W to get minion kills.Try dodge brands skill shots and take the lest damage possible until level 6. When you get 2 stacks on your ultimate you can start harrasing with Q and leap and there isnt much brand can do to respond.

I'd also have more success with taking top (solo or duo) the brush's make so much difference.

GTFOPlease

04-17-2011

Stand behind minions to avoid the stun and farm. There's always some champions that counter another and I guess Brand > Akail depending on the situation.

Cestia

04-17-2011

Akali really thrives on one or two early game kills, I guess I just need to suck it up and farm my minions when it comes to Brand

SuperChoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2011

Brand is pretty squishy. I would suggest waiting until LV6-7 and using a delayed-trigger to take him from 100 to 0 (Q, wait, R, Auto, Q, Auto, R, E, Ignite, Q, Flash out of tower range). Flash lets you take around 5 tower hits if you're at full health and still get away with a kill. If he survives the full combo somehow (nearly impossible unless you make a mistake or you started the combo while he was tower-hugging, which shouldn't happen if he's pushing the lane), go back and buy Sheen. Immediately go full-combo on his ass and either kill him outright or drop him to about 10%HP. Either way, he's terrified of you now.

The only thing that Akali really has trouble with is tanky DPS, because you can't kill them easily and they usually pack hard CC. I rarely harass with Akali because she often takes too much damage and can't trigger marks easily without R, so I settle for farming for 6 levels and then just obliterating them instantly. Even if they get away, you still have a lot of farm, and Akali scales quite well with items.

Kanthir

07-03-2011

I just got out of a game where i was mid against akali as brand.

It is pretty one sided till lvl 6. I could practically push her out of the lane twice, while i farmed up to catalyst... Then I got careless, and let her farm to gank. And that's when she hit lvl 6, even when i was more farmed and had a higher lvl, i could not respond to her ult. i did manage to stun her under the tower because she chased too much, but that has nothing to do with the matchup...

pre6: akali<brand
post6: brand<akali

so i suggest taking another lane and then gank that son of a.... at lvl 6

Kalarepa

07-03-2011

My tactic against Brand is just staying at back and farming, until... He loses his patience and starts using spells for farming. Whenever he does that, I attack him, since his spells have pretty long cooldown.

Astro

Master Recruiter

07-03-2011

What the ****. I find Brand to be an easy lane. Your probably not starting with boots. That's what your doing wrong.

I have a guide on lane matchups and much more here: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...of-death-93116

Hope it can help you.

Gato Muerto

07-03-2011

Brand's weakness (or at least mine when I play him) is any charge-type champ. Vayne is annoying but can be predictable. The problem is when Irelia or Xin gets involved. Akali is not an issue if she is sub level 6. She is melee (minus the one skill), so suffers from that issue w/ Brand (who has a greater level of safety there). I personally don't bother with skills to kill minions, saving the mana to harass the opponents (or doing both at the same time). I actually level E while laning, which means it isn't a skill-shot to hit my target, and just try to land the stun only when I have the clear shot.

Basically, just farm the best you can and wait til level 6, or switch lanes.