Brand - Flame on!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nattemann

05-13-2011

The combos you have writen isn't so good. in 1v1 fights it's best to firts ablaze the target with E, then you stun it with Q and finish him with W. If this isn't enough, you have your ulti to shoot at him. But this tactic dosen't work to well on big team battles. First you ablaze 1 enemy with Q (dosen't matter who. could even be a minion), then you use E on the ablazed enemy then you use W. now is a good time to use ulti if you have, because nearly everyone is ablazed and the combo goes so fast that no one will be able to react.

Also Brand can go top or bottom lane at start, but you need someone that can slow. Ashe+Brand is a very good combination. When Ashe have slowed an enemy, Brand can easly set of his 1v1 combo on the enemy. If Brand lane in mid he should go and help teamates as fast they are on defence. brand can wait in the brush and set of the 1v1 combo. Because the enemy haven't seen you before the will be suprised and have hard time to dodge sear.

The item building is Dorians ring, Sorceres shoes, meijers soulstealer, Will of the ancients, rabadons hat, archangel, and then sell dorians and buy another rabadon.

Skill order is first W, then E then Q. after that you take W untill it's maxed (unless you can set skill in ulti). Then you set in E untill that is maxed (same thing with ulti) Last is Q.

Killing the epic monster with blue aura will make Brand alot better. Now when he can cast his spells more often and have more mana reg he become OP.

AdmiralAardvark

05-20-2011

Brand is so easy and natural that a guide isnt really necessary. I rarely max one of my spells first in two consecutive games, sometimes i need extra damage from pillar, sometimes i need lower cooldown on my stun, and sometimes i can just farm whole waves with E, but its not a fixed thing. For items, Ryalis is really the only core item, the survivability and slow are what keep your team (and you) alive in a losing teamfight.

For runes, I like what you have except for the blues. I know they are expensive, but invest in some flat CDR blues and you will find your spells spammable beyond belief after you get a CDR item. Thats another point: Morello's is good, but against a team of squishies (i.e. more than 2 squishies), Ionian Boots are a cheaper, faster way to spam spells. AP stacking is viable, but you die and have high cooldowns if you do that. Deathcap is a must for anyone who relies on magic damage, but its a late thing, 4th item or later. DO NOT RUSH RABADONS! Also, while he is decent in lane, Brand does shine as a solo mid or top (top only in ranked when you know who their jungle is). If they have a ganky jungler, go with a teammate, you are always suceptible to death and have no escape besides Flash.

But seriously, its hard to be bad as Brand. What separates the good from the bad in my experience is who can land the most bounces of their ulti. Its far too easy for the tank to realise he is next in line and simply run away from his team, taking 2-3 bounces off your ult. For a potential 2500 damage ult, its risky to use it in a lane near minions because luck can net you 250 damage on a champ (mediocre) and 1000 on various minions.

Thats my two cents, decent guide, but you got waaaaaay too specific with how to play him. Just do what you want and hide behind your team.

Brainsick Hater

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

Don't use your ult first. It does massive damage, especially if targets are ablaze since they cant get away from it as easily. If you're going against one opponent, E>Q>W. If you have multiples, Q>E>W>R. Against groups, you want to light them ablaze and give them your ult.

Ambushking

06-14-2011

im loving brand as a free champ this week... 5v5 he is a beast enless ff then he is just brand u know like the type of cereal getting eaten by athletic people..

but running into a group is easy 2 kills if not 3 assits. i still like my annie tho.

but char animation brand is freaking great

Mojosef

06-15-2011

Obviously there are plenty of directions to go with brand when laning 2v2, 1v1, or 2v1. You're going to want different skillups depending on the other lane. For the most part I prefer 2v2s as Brand, especially if your partner has any kind of utility. In a typical 2v2 I level conflag first (it is a GUARANTEED hit, sets em ablaze for your more useful Q and W) then pillar. The stun levels up worst because its damage isn't fantastic and the stun is the same from rank 1 all the way to 5, its merely utility.

As for items, rushing cdr cap is a must. I go ionian -> morello's -> rabadon's and therefore have cdr cap by 15min and 350 AP by 30min, even when not fed.

Differences aside, Brand is an incredibly flexible AP carry and my go-to guy for non-draft games where you don't really know what is getting tossed at you. Essentially just think about your runes/masteries and your partner's capabilities and go off of that.

Mesker

06-15-2011

I was eager to try brand with him being free but so far ive not taken to him.

Im used to being spell combo based, but Brand's feel so connected all you ever seem to be doing is waiting for all to come off CD for the same repeat. PoF feels like the only good spell used alone.

Ive been building AP and health mainly due to his lack of escapes and need to do damage. Now im thinking full CDR next time and see how that goes.

CountJew

08-30-2011

Solid build. And with a few tweaks from the discussion I think I have a much better handle on Brand. I have loved playing him since his launch. One thing for a great 6th item is a phantom dancer. After Ryalias and Deathcap i start a dancer, and finish after will of ancients. I have played with Hextech as well. Fun build though and some fun games.