@Nidalee Players, New builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CountNoob

08-28-2011

After the nerf/buff patch for Nidalee, she now needs cooldown for pounce and heal,ap for more damage,armor and magic resist for new cougar passive, and health to try to make nidalee late game cougar good.

What i mean is for a new build for nidalee because the HotshotNidaleeGG build has ap but no armor, mr, and cooldown which can help with the new nidalee.

I had some ideas to build for new nidalee since even if riot going to buff/fix her it will take weeks maybe even months for nidalee, so one must adapt.

Note: These builds are not tested because haven't have time and a 30 minute queue wait O.O, I also don't play ranked so results may vary depending on elo?

Theory/Idea build 1:
meki pendant, unfinished boots, rabadons deathcap, merc trends, negaton cloak and/or chainvest(depends on team comp, how fed, need more defense?), finish meki pendant into morello tone, finish chain vest into zhonyas/finish negaton cloak into abyssal scepter, finish zhonyas/scepter or get GA, finish zhonyas/scepter get GA.

Late Game Item Finish:Merc Trends, Rabadons Deathcap, morello tones, zhonyas, abyssal scepter, Guardian Angel
Gives: 35 tenacity, 118(138 passive) armor, 120(140 passive) magic resist, 505 AP, 20% cooldown.

Reason for this idea:
Well i usually go starting item, boots and rabadons in15-20 minutes with my last hitting skills(i miss like 2-3 every wave at eariler levels then farm farm cougar style) so having mekipendant boots rabadons is about the same.
Then adding cooldown and ap from morellos sounds decent since of cooldowns for all skills but mainly.
Zhonya, Abysall scepter gives mr and armor while the ap is combo with deathcaps =500ap so survivability also with cougar in fights.
Zhonyas and GA gives survivability then having health.
Boots could go cooldown boots but since im a Merc Trend Nidalee i choose Merc Trends.
Good/ok mana regen for early game assuming you get blue golem and pots for mid-late game

Total cost: 15,500 gold is which about 2k more gold than the HotshotNidaleeGG build.
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Nidal...22,64&level=18

Theory/Idea Build 2(More cost effective)

Regrowth Pendant, philostone, unfinished boots, rabadon's deathcap, Ionian Boots, wait 13 minutes for philostone to pay for itself or more for Elesia's Miracle, buy negatron cloak and/or chain vest depending on how the game going and team comp, finish Zhonya's/ Abyssal Scepter, Finish Zhonyas/Abyssal or buy GA, buy Ga or finish Zhonyas/ Abyssal.

Late Game Items: Eliesa's Miracle, Ionian Boot, Rabadon's Deathcap, Zhonya's, Abyssal Scepter, Guardian Angel

Gives: 25 Tenacity, 118(138 passive) armor,95(115 passive) magic resist, 15% cooldown reduction, and 403 AP.

Reason for this Build:
First for this build to be more cost effective build.
Starting item is regrowth pendant because going back to base to get philostone and boots is when you don't have ap for javelin spamming, you shouldn't be spamming javelins at all early game.
Eliesa Miracle, Boots, Rabadons is around the same time of me getting Dorans Ring, Boots Rabadon, since Philostone is gold per sec.
Ionian boots because lack of morrelo's tone means getting cooldown for pounce and Eliesa gives tenacity.
Zhonya, Abysall scepter gives mr and armor while the ap is combo with deathcaps =500ap so survivability also with cougar in fights.
Zhonya+ GA combo to survive fights.

Total Cost: 14,300 gold Costs about 200 more gold than the HotshotNidaleeGG build
Lower stats than theory build.

Extra Random Build I saw a Nidalee did two days ago:

So I was playing my Win Champion in my normal games Mr. Critplank with my cousin who wanted to try Akali in normals so I help. So anyways we played against a Nidalee trying a new build and was 5v4 game with my team an advantage. The enemy team won because I was the only one on my team positive because of a new talon player, new akali player, a bad tank, and a troll morgana. But anyways the nidalee was able to 1v1 easily and team fight 2v4 for a long time til enemy megafed teemo wrecked house.

Anyways i dont know the order but the Nidalee player had
Spirit Visage(Passive for healing and MR cooldown)
Ionian Boots(cooldowns)
Bashees(MR, health, Mana)
Guardian Angel(MR, armor, health?)
Void Staff( AP, magic pen)
Rabadons(AP)

Questions:
1. Any of these builds good/ok?
2. Any of these builds have flaws which change be improved by changing certain items
Explain and if you want test these builds out since I haven't had the time to try them multiple times and get a good evaluation of the builds
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TLDR:
After the nerf/buff patch for Nidalee, she now needs cooldown for pounce and heal,ap for more damage,armor and magic resist for new cougar passive, and health to try to make nidalee late game cougar good.

Theory Build 1:
Late Game Item Finish:Merc Trends, Rabadons Deathcap, morello tones, zhonyas, abyssal scepter, Guardian Angel

Gives: 35 tenacity, 118(138 passive) armor, 120(140 passive) magic resist, 505 AP, 20% cooldown.

Total cost: 15,500 gold is which about 2k more gold than the HotshotNidaleeGG build.

Theory Build 2

Late Game Items: Eliesa's Miracle, Ionian Boot, Rabadon's Deathcap, Zhonya's, Abyssal Scepter, Guardian Angel

Gives: 25 Tenacity, 118(138 passive) armor,95(115 passive) magic resist, 15% cooldown reduction, and 403 AP.

Total Cost:14,300 gold Costs about 200 more gold than the HotshotNidaleeGG build
Lower stats than theory build.

Questions:
1. Any of these builds good/ok?
2. Any of these builds have flaws which change be improved by changing certain items
Explain and if you want test these builds out since I haven't had the time to try them multiple times and get a good evaluation of the builds

Sines314

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

Bleh, storm knocked out my last response. So here's the short version. Tear of the Goddess works pretty well, giving you the mana you need to spam your human attacks, which is more useful thanks to the improvements to Spear Throw. It also makes the less mana efficient heal more acceptable, since you have more mana to burn. Downside is that grabbing the tear early on slows down your AP growth, but it's not by a huge amount, and the Tear isn't a dead-end item in and of itself, it can still turn into the pretty handy AA Staff later on. Working off it's own mana only, it produces 87 AP for 1860 gold over the tear, which is a pretty solid deal, especially later on where you'll have plenty more MP on your own. I get it after Deathcap (Or occasionally before, if I need the extra firepower faster, or if gold is short).

Also of note is I grab Strength of Spirit in the defensive tree, which turns 1% of mana into HP regen / 5, which gives the full tear +13.5 HP Regen / 5, in addition to your base mana. Makes more use of the tear, and gives a bit of extra survivability to make up for the weaker heal.

Guinsoos Rageblade is still useful, don't forget that.

CountNoob

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sines314 View Post
Bleh, storm knocked out my last response. So here's the short version. Tear of the Goddess works pretty well, giving you the mana you need to spam your human attacks, which is more useful thanks to the improvements to Spear Throw. It also makes the less mana efficient heal more acceptable, since you have more mana to burn. Downside is that grabbing the tear early on slows down your AP growth, but it's not by a huge amount, and the Tear isn't a dead-end item in and of itself, it can still turn into the pretty handy AA Staff later on. Working off it's own mana only, it produces 87 AP for 1860 gold over the tear, which is a pretty solid deal, especially later on where you'll have plenty more MP on your own. I get it after Deathcap (Or occasionally before, if I need the extra firepower faster, or if gold is short).

Also of note is I grab Strength of Spirit in the defensive tree, which turns 1% of mana into HP regen / 5, which gives the full tear +13.5 HP Regen / 5, in addition to your base mana. Makes more use of the tear, and gives a bit of extra survivability to make up for the weaker heal.

Guinsoos Rageblade is still useful, don't forget that.
Well mana problems should not happen if getting blue golem all game long.
From my experience Nidalee problem when using cougar form is late game where she cant tank burst damage while being to use cougar offensively which is why building mr and armor with damage is focused in these builds i have in mind.

As for Guinsoos Rageblade, i consider that a item a split push item because of the easy 8 stacks, and only gives damage to nidalee, but the current Nidalee most definitely needs more damage to make up for the lower heal while survivability that's why her ult passive was changed from 10% dodge to 20 mr and armor.

Townslave

08-30-2011

Nidalee ad hasnt been affected by the nerf. Try going off tank ad, with attackspeed marks and mana regen quints, seals, glyphs. 21/0/9 masteries. Items start with dorans blade, frozen mallet, atmas impaler, warmogs, bloodthrister, black cleaver, mercury treads you will have 4000 health. Or carry build, infinity edge, phantom dancer (2), trinity force, bloodthrister(2). No boots required because movement spped from phantoms and trinity. Those are some good ad builds. Priorities on skills are R, E, Q, W. Make sure to get 1 rank on w before level 6.

YurdleTheTurtle

08-30-2011

I highly recommend Guinsoo's Rageblade. You're completely incorrect when you say "it only gives damage to Nidalee".

Guinsoo's Rageblade gives 35 attack damage and 45 ability power on its own. However, it is extremely easy for Nidalee to keep up maximum stacks practically permanently.

This means you'll always have +93 (45 + 48) extra ability power and +32% extra attack speed. Considering its cheap cost of 2235 gold, I don't know why anyone would ever skip this on Nidalee. Not only do you get a huge amount of ability power, but extra attack damage and speed doesn't hurt either. It also synergizes well her heal (even more attack speed).

Anyways, I basically still use the same builds as a guide on solomid.net.
-Start with Doran's Ring
-Boots, wards, potions, etc.
-Guinsoo's Rageblade
-Rabadon's Deathcap
-SItuational items (Void Staff or tanky items).

The difference is that I don't max out heal right away as it's rather weak, except in dire circumstances where I need to heal all the time. So thus I get stronger earlier spears, and once I get my Guinsoo's Rageblade the damage just jumps dramatically.

Don't forget that while heal is much weaker than before, it still scales well. Once you get a lot of AP it still heals a surprising amount.

Cenerae

08-30-2011

Nidalee's standard build is exactly the same as it was.

If you have CDR blues and 9/0/21 masteries, you have 15% CDR baseline. Then you add the blue buff you're supposed to have at all times after the jungler's done with it, and you're CDR capped with no need to get any weird items like Morello's.

That's why Hotshotgg doesn't build any CDR on Nidalee, because he always has the blue buff.

You'll actually find her late game to be better than it was, because you have a shorter pounce and spear cooldown making you better at poking and harder to catch.