Scheduled Maintenance?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Relentless07

02-27-2010

Why not make a post that you are gonna do so more than 2 minutes before you intend to do so, and why the hell on a Friday night?

davesmack

02-27-2010

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmack View Post
Posting the announcement 2 mins before the supposed "scheduled" maintenance.

Classy move.

Switching forum time from PST to GMT so people think it wasn't posted 2 mins before the supposed "scheduled" maintenance.

Classier move.
Locking the thread after 13 pages of nerdrage.

The classiest move of them all.

Skychild

02-27-2010

Why the **** did they lock that thread? Riot needs to hear what people are saying and not lock them out.

blackjackz

02-27-2010

3 times of maintenance in the past 6 days?? And I thought we made it very clear that the maintenance is scheduled in a very bad time frame... 12am -5am or 9am....

A lot of gaming companies not listening to their players and thought they can get away, you gotta becareful.

Looks how fast Battle Field Heroes drops, gamers are getting smarter these days especially when there are other choices around.

Copybass

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-27-2010

Locks occur when too many idiots like yourselves downvote a thread to -10, etc. Good job on that, and good job on complaining about it.

Andromansis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

Ok. It has been like this every week since I started playing the game.
I really wish they would tell us what their maintenance schedule is.
So far it looks like this
6 days, 4 days, 4 days, 6 days, 4 days, 4 days, 1 day, 2 days, 5 days, 6 days, 6 days, 4 days
Does somebody have a downtime calender so we can try to discern some noticable pattern?
I really don't even mind the servers being down, its just that announcing downtime 12 hours in advance and calling it "scheduled server maintenance" sort of sets off my OCD, cause it wasn't really "scheduled". They just decided to bring them down after most reasonable people go to bed (which makes since).
But I was completely unaware of the server maintenance or ANY existing schedule before tonight.

Ten Dollar Name

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copybass View Post
Locks occur when too many idiots like yourselves downvote a thread to -10, etc. Good job on that, and good job on complaining about it.
YEAH! SHAME ON YOU ALL FOR COMPLAINING TO A COMPANY WHEN THE COMPANY DOES THINGS YOU DON'T LIKE.

DON'T YOU KNOW WE'RE ALL SUPPOSED TO BEND OVER NICELY AND TAKE IT.

God Copybass, you're stupid.

HyakiSin

02-27-2010

well , i hope this maintence time will be shorten in the future

Fulleclipse

02-27-2010

Okay I usually support the staff on this type of stuff but not this time.

I played earlier Friday the 26th (between 1730-1830) and as I logged on there was no mention of any Scheduled Maintenance going on.

I log on a few hours later the same day (26FEB, 2300) still nothing about maintenance mentioned on the client or the LoL home page once you log on to play.

If you are going to schedule something then announce it! You can announce winning awards, new skins, patch notes, what you have down over the past year, hiring people, but you can't announce scheduled maintenance? Come on. I'm sorry but I don't start my LoL playing experience by logging on to the forums and checking all the area's for updates. Call me lazy, but that’s not what I want to do when I have the want to play LoL.

I remember when you used to mention it (well a few times anyway). If it was for a fix that occurred because of the last patch then tell us, just don't call it scheduled maintenance. Most of the players are adults here and can accept the truth.

So if you are going to schedule something have whoever updates the In Game Home Page update it. It will save you a lot of hassle and actually give people a heads up of what’s going on. Heck I check the links all the time in between games to see how the game is progressing, what’s coming up and whatever else you are up there.

In Short Announce Scheduled Maintenance, more than 5 hours in advance, and post it on the In Game Home Page as well as the Forums. Why have our frustration directed at you when it can be easily avoided.

PS Any weekend night is going to draw tons of flames, so I really don't think it's a good idea to do so on a weekend unless it’s an emergency fix (the game has been laggy more than normal). Tuesday is a good night IMO, you can't please everyone but you can appease the majority.

davesmack

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copybass View Post

I didn't downvote **** broski.

Good job on making baseless assumptions, and good job on looking looking like a ******.