how do you counter CC as a melee dps?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2inchesofpain

04-16-2011

last game i was Yi, and i played against a team which was udyr, blitzcrank, irelia, and brand. i don't think i've gotten cc'd so fking much in my life. i'm usually able to shrug off a stun or two but when you're literally knocked up, stunned, and silenced every half second of the team fight its hard to carry a team.

i build yi rather tanky to counter most of the problems that haunt glass cannon yi while retaining the same dps (youmuu, warmog, atmas, banshees, merc treads, starks fervor), but in this game there was literally nothing i could do even when i have 4k+ health.

and its not like i could just wait until all the cc has been used b/c brand was just melting away at my entire team with his fking OP aoe nukes the size of my dik. and blitzcrank's knockup literally had like a 2 second cooldown.

we ended up winning anyways as i was forced to basically just backdoor our way to their nexus. but i shouldn't have to do this. how do i counter cc on this kind of level?

id0nthateyou

04-16-2011

maybe you should backdoor more

Sykil

04-16-2011

QSS, Cleanse, Mercury's Treads.

emesde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2inchesofpain View Post
and its not like i could just wait until all the cc has been used b/c brand was just melting away at my entire team with his fking OP aoe nukes the size of my dik.
Nice username.

PardonMySwag

04-16-2011

You don't, especially as yi. CC shuts him down 100%. Always run cleanse and get Quick Silver Sash if necessary.

Sophyne

04-17-2011

I'm surprised this is an actual question. It's pretty obvious what counters CC... >_>;

QSS.
BV.
Cleanse.
Merc Treads.

Booterang

04-17-2011

If you see a team like that in draft mode, Yi is probably a bad pick in the first place. In that setup you probably want to ignore teamfights and concentrate on using your superior speed to backdoor and split push turrets.