How to counter Annie in mid lane?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archbob

02-26-2010

So when I play ranged DPS(I'm usually Tristana if I play this role), sometimes I get matched up with Annie. I can't figure out how to do well against this particular hero. Because after getting to level 6 her Stun+Tibber summon is like instant death.

The only heros I can counter annie in solo mid with is Fiddle or Kass because of their long range silence.

Zeta

02-26-2010

Just have cleanse and level up your rocket jump and explosive shot first. That's enough for me.

Getting a Madred's to farm faster and kill stunbear helps too.

Archbob

02-26-2010

Madreds take a while, the thing is she can like instant pwn you with stun passive + ult.

Alistar Bot

02-27-2010

Then you shouldn't be soloing mid if that's what you're doing.

Detha

02-27-2010

1. Pick Heimerdinger
2. ??
3. Profit!

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

02-27-2010

Kinda surprised, tristy is one of the heroes I have trouble with when using Annie - she's not that squishy, her atacks hurt and she's hard to harass so long as it's a good trist player. My advice would be to make use of your range to force Annie to get rid of her early stuns on creeps and get health runes so that she can't burst you down from full. Do this right and you'll at least survive the lane.

If you go look on solomid.net, they might still have replays of their 1v1 tourney. The finals was Trist vs Annie and Trist won so it might be worth a look if they still have it available.

yatenkun

02-27-2010

i saw some tristanas doing good things, once annie was quite near the tower, tristana flashed, then jumped in the back of annie, and shoot her to the tower tower, she was like 'wtf' and died quick

Mulletron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

I refer to that sort of thing as "tower punting," and I love when I can pull it off.

OsirusAnubis

02-27-2010

AP sivir makes annie cry and run away.

AP sivir is only valid with and against certain comps though...

Archbob

02-27-2010

I don't really play sivir. I can see how sivir would counter annie though.

As for Heimer -- well, he's kinda not that great of a hero.

The problem with tristana is when annie just has that stun passive ready and just stands between you and the creeps.