Rate this Poppy item build please.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrPlague

Senior Member

02-26-2010

I haven't played Poppy much, but since my favourite playstyle is melee fighter, I thought I'd give her a go with no research and see how I do.

Well, I ended up 14/7/16 or something like that and had a blast playing her.

Runes I have are movement speed quintessences, mana glyph, dodge seals, and arp/crit damage marks. Not really a pure poppy rune build but eh, it suffices for most heroes.

Masteries were Ghost/Exhaust. Ghost as a pure defensive escape method, or lane rush. Exhaust with diplomatic immunity was awesome.

Talents were... Utility 1 for ghost. Damage 20. Defense 9 (dodge move speed)

I tried to rush Phantom Dancer as my first big item.

1: Attack Speed part of zeal and heal pot.
2: Went back with enough gold for zeal and boots +1
3: Life steal and Ninja Tabi
4: Emblem of Valor or whatever Life Steal goes into >< Can't remember, lifesteal and hp/5
5: Phage or Finish Phantom Dancer
6: Whatever I didn't do in 5
7: If game is still going, start building for Inf Edge, and whatever else you need.

My play style this game was gank, not tank. My movement speed was really nice with ms quints and PD 12% bonus.
I'm still learning this hero, but I'll run with this sort of build and experiment I guess.

Anyways, any feedback for be awesome. Cheers!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melonyan

Senior Member

02-26-2010

I've been quite succesful with Poppy lately, and personally I build her more defencively than you. I almost always start the game with a catalyst, and then a sheen.

After that my build isn't really set in stone, it changes from game to game depending on what I feel I'll need. Though here are some items I really like and often build on her:
Brutaliser
Trinity Force
Glacial shroud (possibly frozen heart in a long game)
Guardian angel
Starks fervor
Frozen Mallet
Banshees Veil

As you can see theres not really any huge damage only items in there. I ussually don't make any huge dps focused items like infinity edge unless I really got my farm on from an easy lane, or I'm dominating and just trying to end the game quicker.

Also your boots basically vary depending on the game, but for me it's mostly merc treads on her. Though in the case that they don't have any hard nukers on their team tabi may be a good choice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CodeOrange

Senior Member

02-26-2010

the only real way to play poppy, is to not play her at all


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sorg

Member

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeOrange View Post
the only real way to play poppy, is to not play her at all
really deep man lol

To the OP

Looks like your going for a high dodge, melee vs melee build? only works sometimes brosef

not going to say a perfect way to play her since it's dif from game to game and what ur up against

usually get one high AD item and Phantom dancer (yer dodge is good against 40-50 of the team usually)
but you need more survival items. cooldown reducption is pro with her to so glacial shroud is pro midway threw the game

have fun brosef and enjoy poppy shes fun if played right


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sharnt

Junior Member

02-27-2010

A current idea of the "guide" is to create a 30k gold stuff. On a normal game, you get arround 9k gold.

What's why with poppy i'm going to :
Madred's razor
Vampiric scepter
Mercury threads (or ninja tabi in the case of 0 cc hero and full physik)
Phage
Sheen
Triforce
Madred's bloodrazor
(Go on B.F.Sword if really you play a long game, after Black cleaver)



If there is a healer, or the heal spell on 2 (or more) heroes i'm going to executionner's calling before sheen. With this build i had never finish my bloodrazor if i had an executionner's calling.

Why madred's razor?
Poppy is REALLY a bad farmer, so it's help a lot, with vampiric scepter you can soloing golem/lizards easily and farm with no foutain backs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSP Cinnabar

Senior Member

02-27-2010

You are doing it wrong if sheen isn't your first item.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roninsm

Senior Member

02-27-2010

Where's the sheen? And I would recommend flash. It will help setting up stuns.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sharnt

Junior Member

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSP Cinnabar View Post
You are doing it wrong if sheen isn't your first item.
Yeam i'm right and this piss me off ...

But early sheen is a bit useless, it depends of your playing style but me i don't need sheen early to kill, if you have a chance to kill, it's because your ennemies makes an error and often these error are fatal for them unless sheen.
The rest of the time you see your ennemies at 50-100hp flee ...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrPlague

Senior Member

02-27-2010

Thanks for the replies and lack of trolling posts.

I'm taking all this into consideration. Played her again with my current set up before I came back here to see what you had all put down. I did well since the team I was against was Cho, Trynd, Yi, Morg and Corki. So Yi and Trynd I was able to dodge like a mofo

Anyway! Sheen seems okay, but what about the nerf to it? Is Trinity Force worth it? Considering I love Phantom Dancer so much for dodge, movement speed attack speed crit in one awesome item. So would be hard to get enough gold for that and whatever else I need.

Just looking for feedback here, as I love Poppies abilities, and this hero just fits my playstyle perfectly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McShoot1

Junior Member

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonyan View Post
I've been quite succesful with Poppy lately, and personally I build her more defencively than you. I almost always start the game with a catalyst, and then a sheen.

After that my build isn't really set in stone, it changes from game to game depending on what I feel I'll need. Though here are some items I really like and often build on her:
Brutaliser
Trinity Force
Glacial shroud (possibly frozen heart in a long game)
Guardian angel
Starks fervor
Frozen Mallet
Banshees Veil

As you can see theres not really any huge damage only items in there. I ussually don't make any huge dps focused items like infinity edge unless I really got my farm on from an easy lane, or I'm dominating and just trying to end the game quicker.

Also your boots basically vary depending on the game, but for me it's mostly merc treads on her. Though in the case that they don't have any hard nukers on their team tabi may be a good choice.






i agree with sharnt... this build requires wayyyyyyy toooo much gold where is it all comming from? but anyways rush your triforce and boots mostly triforce!!!!!


12