Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tips from the Pros

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KirbyHero

Recruiter

02-27-2010

These are more like "mechanics tips" than pro tips.

Malphite's ult goes through walls, and has a massive range. When you are certain the ult can save you from death, shoot through a wall and escape.

(you'll probably eventually need a long list of moves that go through walls...)

Alistar's headbutt has a temporary disable on it, where your opponent is locked from doing anything, even though it's not an actual cc. On a normal headbutt, this disable doesn't make up for the fact you have to run the full distance up to them to hit them again. However, if you headbutt your opponent into a wall (but careful that they don't go through it), the disable time can exceed the time it takes you to close the distance, making the move worth it even if it's at level 1 and not doing any real damage.

makkii

02-27-2010

Quote:
McShoot1:
i've actually seen shaco take a fraction (not sure what %) of karthuss's ult by using decieve at the exact right time. he seems to die to karth often since most play him with a lack of hp.

anyway, not sure how much less dmg he takes but it was under half , maybe a quarter dmg.

shaco can completely negate both karthus's and nunus ult by hallucinating at the right time, this can also be done with other ults but its the easiest with these two because of the easy to sync with timer and visual aid.

Klinkin

02-27-2010

A few of my own tips (mostly based on mechanics):
1. Many spells do not interrupt normal attacks. You can use these while attacking without losing attacks or to proc Sheen then get an attack in for double damage. Examples would be things like Corki's ult and Kayle's Fury.
2. Last Whisper murders towers (and champions, too, to a degree).
3. Something to avoid: If you attack when stealthed, you de-stealth at the first frame of the attack but might not deal damage for several more frames. You can interrupt your own attack at this point, and can theoretically be interrupted by a very quick opponent.
4. Similar to the last one, bonus AS items also increase the speed of your attack animation, meaning there will be fewer frames between the start and damage point of the attack.

Rezoh

02-27-2010

Not a pro tip but very useful:

If the enemy team has a jungler, buy the cheap wards and put one on dragon or lizard/golem. Happy ganking :-)

EvenAfter

02-27-2010

@KirbyHero : I suppose you could call them "mechanics" tips, but I never would have thought of that. Maybe only pros know mechanics tips? And I never knew about Alistar's headbutt, that's very cool. Not really my champ, but heck, maybe someone else can use it, eh?

@Everyone Else : Thanks for making this thread get some traction, guys. I thought it would be nice for people to see the little things, and you all are doing a great job with it.