Tips from the Pros

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EvenAfter

02-26-2010

Okay, so, maybe I'm totally wrong and there's already a thread dedicated to this, but I haven't seen one. The point of this thread is to give somewhat more advanced tips to newer but not newb players who haven't see all the little tricks that are spread throughout the game. I'll start with a few. If anyone wants to add some, I'll gladly add them here and give you credit . Let's help out those minnows!

Disclaimer: The title of this thread does not mean to imply that I am a "pro". Just not newb. ^^ True pros are always welcome.

Flash: It is both a defensive and offensive move for sure, useful for both chasing and flashing through walls. One other nifty thing about it is its ability to dodge abilities. I haven't tried it on every last auto-aim projectile, but I know for sure that moves like TF's gold card can be dodged if flash is used while card is mid-air. Also, Karthus's ult is dodgeable if timed well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbsunny View Post
Another thing about flash is if you tower diving and are planning to flash out of the tower range after you kill the enemy, make sure you time it correctly so that the tower has already shot at you, then you flash out of the range and the projectile stops following you. If you do it too early or too late then you will still get hit by the tower, which can cause you to die when you could have survived it.
(Thanks!)

Flash-Grab: For those Blitzcrank players out there, flash-grab is your friend. When you shoot your hand, if you flash backwards before the hand makes contact with an enemy, the enemy that it does hit will be pulled back to the point that you flashed to, which is a fairly sizeable distance. Use this if the enemy is hanging kinda near the tower, but not quite close enough. Move up, grab and flash, and BOOM, tower range death. Fun times.

Udyr's Tiger Stance: Moves like Teemo's blind and Heimer's grenades will make your first attack miss in Tiger stance, but the other 2 after it will still hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
You can stop rammus powerball with a ward. Tricky to pull off, but can be worth it.

By attacking twice and switching to another form as udyr, you can make your next hit cause bonus damage in phoenix stance immediately. Effective for bear+phoenix. The game saves your 2 attacks indefinitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boni View Post
Jax/Kat: You can Leap/Shunpo to wards

Poppy: You can Charge through walls

Eve: You can stun with your skills to break stealth (Hate-Spike is said to stun 2 people, Ravage can't be dodged (HI JAX))

Teemo: Blitz can grab your shrooms. Rammus can Powerball into your shrooms. If they are still visible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhandled View Post
As Twisted Fate and Pantheon, as you are gate'ing or ult'ing in, you can use any summoner spells, including Flash and Exhaust in a small radius around when you will be appearing. You can even queue up both hero's stuns to land immediately after they port in.
Let me know if you have more, guys. Hope these will help.

Speed0

02-26-2010

I didn't know about that blitzcrank thing, sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing. =)

Fbsunny

02-26-2010

Another thing about flash is if you tower diving and are planning to flash out of the tower range after you kill the enemy, make sure you time it correctly so that the tower has already shot at you, then you flash out of the range and the projectile stops following you. If you do it too early or too late then you will still get hit by the tower, which can cause you to die when you could have survived it.

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-27-2010

You can stop rammus powerball with a ward. Tricky to pull off, but can be worth it.

By attacking twice and switching to another form as udyr, you can make your next hit cause bonus damage in phoenix stance immediately. Effective for bear+phoenix. The game saves your 2 attacks indefinitely.

EvenAfter

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post

Very cool. I didn't know either of these. Seems like both might need some practice to do effectively, since I personally push Udyr's ASPD when I play him. I'll add 'em up top. Thanks.

boni

02-27-2010

Jax/Kat: You can Leap/Shunpo to wards

Poppy: You can Charge through walls

Eve: You can stun with your skills to break stealth (Hate-Spike is said to stun 2 people, Ravage can't be dodged (HI JAX))

Teemo: Blitz can grab your shrooms. Rammus can Powerball into your shrooms. If they are still visible.

Unhandled

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

As Twisted Fate and Pantheon, as you are gate'ing or ult'ing in, you can use any summoner spells, including Flash and Exhaust in a small radius around when you will be appearing. You can even queue up both hero's stuns to land immediately after they port in.

EvenAfter

02-27-2010

Thanks for the input guys. It's all good stuff. Let's keep it coming!

McShoot1

02-27-2010

i've actually seen shaco take a fraction (not sure what %) of karthuss's ult by using decieve at the exact right time. he seems to die to karth often since most play him with a lack of hp.

anyway, not sure how much less dmg he takes but it was under half , maybe a quarter dmg.

Rollo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

Another great thing about flash is dodging rammuses powerball you'll avoid alot of ganks that way. You can also use it to stop a fleeing powerball, which means more gold for you