Items that are amazing on Morde

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AFKray

02-26-2010

So, just started picking him up and he is fun as heck. I've done really well so far and I've found out my own build rather fast. Regardless this thread isn't about build orders, but rather really effective items for Morde.

1: Rylai's: the AP item without wasting stats on Mana. Not to mention it adds slow to your E which is a great tool in team fights, along with just about all your other skills. Providing a very effective ranged snare + melee snare + constant AoE snare. I don't know about R though, would be sweet if ur DoT turned into a long term slow too =)

2: Abyssal: Once again, no mana! AP + Magic Reduction + MR for survival (since u are naturally tanking and need to be able to survive long enough in team fights for your AoE"s to do its work.

3: Sunfire: Not sure if the AoE adds to shield, but it does make you + creeping death not a fun place to be.

4: Atma's : Since some of the best items are in the form of HP, perfect way to make your MoS hit harder and give you/fill your shield.

5: Guinsoo's: 94AP on one item without losing stats to Mana related stats. Since you are spamming AND can cast E to constantly keep it at 8 stacks, this makes you one mean mofo. Damage and Attack speed for that terribly slow animation to boot!

6: Warden's Mail: Very underrated item. Amazing Armor + the slow to those physical carries. Slower attack speeds = less hits to your shiled which overall gives you more time for your skills to cool down to pop em back up again.

7: Nashor's : don't know how I feel about this, but it's a great source of CDR (once again, abilities = constant building of shield makes you a very deceptive target in team fights). Problem is the mana regen but the AP and IAS is also pretty good. Would be a later item.

Anyway, add you own and please give some reason other than, I PWN PEOPLE WIF MAH IE

dripskydrip

02-26-2010

He's almost unstopabble with items like dorans, mercury treads / tabi, force of nature, 2xsunfire cloak, atma's. That's my current build and it's really sick. And yeah, sunfires work with creeping; it's really awesome.

It's rather an off tank build, but it works wonders; people just can't get you down.

EnronTheGreat

02-26-2010

Best build I've found for me is dorans shield hp pot, rush rylais (for slow that is needed desperatelly) boots also (w/whichever you like best, I like speed) warmogs, spirit vissage,force of nature. The last 3 are best against magic heavy teams, and make you nigh unkillable. Solo'd a 2v1 against a lvl 18 karthus and ryze with that build the other day...

Joru

02-26-2010

AP is a terrible stat on Mordekaiser regardless of whether or not it comes with mana attached. His ratios are atrocious. 0.25 on Siphon is almost negligible, and even Creeping Death, which does its damage slowly and takes a long time to apply it, is still only 0.6 or so. Rylai's is only tolerable because it gives him a ranged slow, and even then I'm not totally convinced that it's better than a Frozen Mallet (mainly due to the fact that his ghost can apparently apply its slow).

And why Sunfire Capes? He isn't Rammus or Malphite; he has no reliable way to get close to people and no reliable way to keep them nearby if he does. Relying on a small, point-blank AoE seems like a bad idea.

Klazzix

02-26-2010

Still farming to get this guy. Looks really awesome.

For the items, I'd stick with Magic Pen. + CDR seeing the really fast cooldowns on this guy it's gonna be a blast. Still thinking about sticking in a Sheen for burst but the mana is wasted.

Well anyway, here's my list. It's nothing but theory atm.

Sorc, Shoes
Soul Shroud
Haunting Guise
Spirit Visage
Warmogs
Warmogs

Runes:Magic Pen. + CDR

It's gonna be stacking Giant's belts then building items in order. The HP regen will be too much to handle, you can spam your abilities with max damage because of the Magic Pen and maxed CDR, further enhancing the shield.

I'd be glad if someone can try this build/items out.

Khranz

02-26-2010

More than 1 Warmog's is a waste IMHO. If they're able to chew through the extra health from one, your shield isn't doing it's job and you're probably about to go down. Warmog's + Spirit Visage is plenty of regen IMHO. Against AP heavy teams I would slot a Force of Nature in place of your second Warmog's. Against physical DPS heavy teams a Warden's Mail would be better.

Haunting Guise might be worth testing, since the mana regen component is VERY low cost. I'm still tweaking my tank build and doing very well. I had my first win with a teammate beating me out in kills... a fed Anivia. I have considered a CDR build based on SV and Soul Shroud though. I might have test that.

I still have yet to encounter an even half decent AD/DPS Mordekaiser.

SyeBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

Am I the only one trying Melee DPS?

I rush Soul Shroud early, then get boots of swiftness.

After that, I get the frozen mallet, then Bloodthirster, then a survivability item (as they are able to burst through your sheild at about this time)

In team fights, I can mark one person with my ult, the team focuses that person down, and I can carry with the UBER stat buff and pet the rest of the fight, usually ending with a tower push.

On the other hand, if the ult doesn't get a kill, it's hard sometimes to be as awesome as you can be. You still hit pretty hard, but you don't do the massive 200+damage you get from knocking out Yi or Twitch with your ult.

I might eventually try some tank builds, but I am enjoying him a LOT with my current build.

Maybe die just a LITTLE too often at the moment, but we'll see.

VasudeVa

02-27-2010

I love Spirit Visage on him. I usually get heal on him because people will HATE you due to the extreme early-mid tankiness. And that it reduces cooldowns and the magic resist is just gravy.

I like to build him with Frozen Mallet for chasing, 2 sunfires and Atmas. Makes you a tanky DPS force to be reckoned with. Brutalizer for moar CDR and damage if I feel like I need it. Its cheap enough anyway. He farms well enough to get those items easily.

Runyst

02-27-2010

dunno about you guys but I get a doran's shield first and a hp pot
I can't really live without the dorans in the beginning. It allows me to spam my skills all the way til that first belt and boots while farming waves after waves of creeps. Last time I went without the shield, I ran low on hp really quickly during the laning phrase which wasn't that fun
next I just rushed rylais for the slowing effects. The ap is negligible but it's a nice bonus
after that I get a rage blade
rage blade gives you enough attack speed for you to hit 1.3 attack speed at max stacks while giving you additional damage
you can probably switch rylais with a frozen mallet but if the game goes long enough I get both

dripskydrip

02-27-2010

Why sunfire? because it gives you armor, health and damage aura; with my tanking spec I was shashing out every other kaiser I've meet, including ones with warmogs, trinity forces and bloodthirsters. You are so hard to take down that it's simply crazy. But I think I'll ty dorans, treads, force of nature AND now rylais + atma's for some utility.