Stexe's Totally Awesome Champion Creation Contest! (Art / Design / Other)

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 44
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

04-16-2011

Update: Congratulations to the winners!
Art: ShowMeYourMoves
Design: Chris017
Other: LordMordath

Threads for each entry:
- Art show case: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=754662
- Voting on the Art finalists here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=765741
- Other entries and the winner: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=789578
- Design semi-finalist entries: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=797735

Hello everyone! Today is my birthday (16 April) so I figured I'd spread the joy by starting my much anticipated Champion Creation Contest!

Essentially, I'm trying to recreate the Champion design process that Riot Games goes through in order to bring us Champions.

The contest is broken up into 3 parts:
Art (2D or 3D), Design (skill set), and Other (lore, fan art, comics, humorous things, etc).

Prizes: Each winner (1 per category) will get a PAX Jax skin code and 1380 RP! There will be a runner up for each category and possibly a prize for them as well!

Duration: The contest starts immediately and will run for 1 month (16 May). I might extend this date slightly, but make sure everything is submitted before then.

Entries: Each person may have at most 2 submission for each category. Please provide your Summoner name in the email.

Requirements: Below is the criteria for the Champion... I've come up with a basic outline and some requirements, but everything beyond that is up to you! I'm adding a new requirement, anytime you send me an email to enter the contest you have to post in this thread and my other thread located here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=669073 This will keep the topics bumped and will ensure other people see the contest. Let the best person win!

*** Remember you MUST
use this Champion concept as the first stepping stone in your submission! ***

Quote:
Qurego'mas, The Tyrant Mastermind

Story Basics: A tyrant sorcerer who attempted to enter the Void and control its power. Unfortunately, he was under prepared and his body was destroyed -- the only parts left were his brain, eyes, and spinal cord. While gone in the Void, his Kingdom grew to be democratic and renounced their former ruler. Luckily, a few of his remaining loyal minions found Qurego'mas's remains, preserved in the Void, and implanted them into a specially designed jar to bring their master back. Using his new found psychic powers and a newly created mechanical body, Qurego'mas joins the league to test his meddle and reclaim his lost land. [Think an overthrown Doctor Doom mixed with Doctor Fetus from Meatboy thrown together with a decent sense of humor, as I imagine he likes to dress his robot body up in fancy suits or outlandish outfits].

Range: Melee

Primary Role: Support
Secondary Role: Caster
Tertiary Role: Tank
See below for a detailed explanation regarding each section and how to enter the contest.

If you have any questions ask them here or contact me at StexeContest@gmail.com with the subject "[QUESTION] Subject Title Here" or chat with me at the "PlayWithRiot" channel in League of Legends.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

04-16-2011

Art:

Create a work of art that captures the Champion concept (see above). Points go to creativity, style, and matching theme to LoL's current art style.

Rational: I feel the game is lacking any fun and outlandish evil characters. There hasn't been a Veigar or Gentleman Cho'Gath in a LONG time! So I want something that harbors back to the "good old days" and really just takes the evil lord and twists it on its head.

Entries should be sent to StexeContest@gmail.com with the subject containing "[ART] Subject Title Here" or they will not be counted. You may also submit them here for critique, but it will not count unless emailed. Include your Summoner name somewhere within the body of the email.

Stexe

Adjudicator

04-16-2011

Design:

Design a skill set for the Champion concept (see above). A Skill set includes: Innate Passive, 3 Skills, 1 Ultimate. Try to include general numbers and ratios for the skills to give me an idea of their relative balance in comparison to the rest of his set.

You may have a different set up, something like Udyr or Karma, be energy based, or have alternate forms (Nidalee), but be warned -- cohesion and synergy and more important than complexity. Some complexity is important and having duo purpose skills are allowed, but you don't get any additional points for having them. Points go to creativity, thematic fit, and synergy.

Explanation: He will primary be a melee support Champion along the lines of Nunu. He has ties with The Void and being a ruler, so his skill sets should revolve around that. My rational behind this Champion is two fold: The Void has a Tank (Cho'Gath), a DPS (Kog'Maw), and casters (Kassadin/Malzahar), but is lacking a Support. Additionally, there have been no new melee Support/Caster Champions since Nunu. Finally, I don't think that support has to heal (like recent Support champions Sona and Karma), but can instead buff allies or hex enemies and still be considered support. Therefore, Qurego'mas should be designed as some type of team booster (rallying them with his iron will) or hexing enemies (destroying their minds with his psionic powers), but damage should not be his priority. Finally, he should be tanky enough to stay around and survive, so he isn't the first to be targeted in a team fight. The rest is up to you!

Entries should be sent to StexeContest@gmail.com with the subject containing "[DESIGN] Subject Title Here" or they will not be counted. You may also submit them here for critique, but it will not count unless emailed. Include your Summoner name somewhere within the body of the email.

Stexe

Adjudicator

04-16-2011

Other:

Make something relating to Qurego'mas! It can be a lore back story, a song, a comic strip, quotes, voice over work, or something else. Points go to creativity, thematic fit, and originality.

Entries should be sent to StexeContest@gmail.com with the subject containing "[OTHER] Subject Title Here" or they will not be counted. You may also submit them here for critique, but it will not count unless emailed. Include your Summoner name somewhere within the body of the email.

Stexe

Adjudicator

04-16-2011

Entries / FAQ / Whatever:

Q: Does it have to be the Champion concept above?
A: Yes, I need something to base it off of and it would take a lot more time for me to gauge every Champion if their concept was completely different.

Q: Can I enter as many times as I want?
A: No, each person can only enter 2 times per category (for a total maximum of 6 submissions: 2 for Art, 2 for Design, 2 for Other). To regulate this I'm asking that all people include their Summoner name in their email submissions.

Q: Do I need to include numbers in my skill set?
A: You don't have to, but giving me numbers would give me a good idea of how balanced it is in comparison to the rest of his skills. You can always look at other support Champions and compare their numbers to find what you think his numbers should be.

Dracozero

04-16-2011

I'll write something up, meanwhile have a bump

oh yeah, happy b-day too

EDIT: Written

PASSIVE - Mens sana in apparatus sano: - Qurego'mas regenerates 0.5% of his max HP per second per 7% of his lost mana and regenerates 0.5% of his max mana per 12% of lost HP
(values can be tweaked - the point is to give him sustainability in battles (since his EMP pulse is quite a mana hog) and allow him to keep casting abilities as the battle porgresses without having to itemize for a lot of mana.)

Q - Mastermind grasp: Qurego'mas extends his pincer arm in a line (range and speed similar to LeBlanc's chain). The pincer will hold the target, rooting it for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds. Qurego'mas can cast this ability again to send electricity down his arm, sapping 15% off his target's MS for 4 seconds.

W - Tesla shield:
Qurego'mas casts an electrical shield around target ally, reducing all the damage they take by 30% for 2/2/3/3/4 seconds. If an enemy hits said ally while it is shielded, said enemy will take a small amount of damage and become stunned for 0,5 seconds. Shield breaks after 3 hits. The same champion cannot be stunned twice. Very high cooldown.

E - EMP Pulse:
Qurego'mas releases an electrical blast from his antenna arm. This deals low damage to enemies around him and slows them by 10/15/20/25/30% for 1 second(scales with AP). Every time Qurego'mas casts this ability, 100 mana and a small amount of damage is added to it's total cost for 6 seconds. 3 second at all ranks.

ULTIMATE - Mind over Matter:
Qurego'mas grabs an enemy with his pincer and repeatedly slams him to the ground, supressing him and Qurego'mas for 1/1.5/2 seconds. The first slam will knock nearby enemies up for 0.5 seconds. While Supressed, Qurego'mas can cast EMP Pulse. Deals moderate damage. Scales with AP.

Playstyle: Pretty simple. Initiate with Q, then start EMP-pulsing to slow the enemy team. Use Tesla Shield on whoever is being focused, and use your ultimate to either lock down an important target or to peel off your carry.

Star Piercer

04-16-2011

Happy Birthday Buddy, birthday bump!

SlyGoat

04-16-2011

Skillset:

Inherent Passive - Infused Chassis: 40% of Qurego'mas's bonus health is converted to mana.

Q - Mental Strain: Qurego'mas plagues a target enemy with intense mental anguish, depleting their ability to defend themselves. Afflicted target's armor and magic resistance are reduced by 6/7.5/9/10.5/12 for 5 seconds. Mental Strain costs more mana for every subsequent cast in the next 10 seconds.

(This ability can be cast while moving)

Cooldown: 1
Mana cost: 10/15/20/25/30 + 10/15/20/25/30 per stack of Mental Strain.
Range: 200/250/300/350/400

W - Accelerate/Decelerate: Qurego'mas enhances his mechanical body with a surge of arcane energy, granting an extreme but costly movement speed boost. When deactivated, the diffusion of energy slows nearby enemies based on how long Accelerate was active.

Accelerate: Increases Qurego'mas's movement speed by 60/70/80/90/100% while active.
Decelerate: Slows nearby enemies' movement speed by 60/70/80/90/100% for half the duration Accelerate was active.

Cooldown: 18/16/14/12/10
Mana cost: 60 per second initially, +20/25/30/35/40 each additional second.

E - Mind Feast: Qurego'mas slowly consumes a target champion's mind, dealing 30/45/60/75/90 (+.4) damage per second and restoring twice the damage dealt in mana to Qurego'mas. Lasts for 6 seconds or until the leash is broken.

(Not channeled; leash functions like Unspeakable Horror.)

Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10
Mana cost: 60/90/120/150/180
Range: 200 cast, 400 leash.

R - Superiority Complex: Qurego'mas demonstrates the full extent of his powers, sacrificing a large amount of mana in order to vastly improve his magical potency, granting him enormous mana regeneration and enhanced abilities for the next 10 seconds.

Qurego'mas regenerates 20/30/40% of his maximum mana over 10 seconds and receives the following ability enhancements:

Mental Strain increases the magic resistance and armor of Qurego'mas and all nearby allies by .4/.5/.6 per point drained.

Nearby allies gain 10/15/20% bonus movement speed as long as Accelerate is active.

Mind Feast's leash range increases to 600/700/800 and damage dealt increased by 20/30/40%.

Cooldown: 120
Mana cost: 25% of current mana

Champion Summary:

Mental Strain is your go-to spammable support spell. It gradually softens a target for your team to pick apart, but the more you use it the harder it becomes to sustain. It can be spammed without hindering movement similar to Hate Spike.

Accelerate/Decelerate is your gap closer, initiator, and general ganking tool. It combos well with both Mental Strain and Mind Feast, allowing you to get in range and stay in range for both of your very short range spells. It's also your only means of escape, which is important for a melee support as you need to be able to get in and out of fights constantly.

Mind Feast is your sole damage ability, dealing half as much damage as Fiddlesticks' Drain but having the strength of not being channeled. The mana cost is refunded after a single second, but with the very short range of casting and still short leash range it can be difficult to stay in range of Mind Feast without using Accelerate/Decelerate, meaning it won't be reliable "free harass". However, in a fight you should be able to keep the leash secure for long enough to regenerate a good deal of mana with it, especially in combination with Superiority Complex.

Superiority Complex is your ultimate and, thus, most powerful ability. Its cost structure functions similarly to Mundo's Sadism, draining a large portion of your current mana in order to regenerate an even larger portion of maximum mana over the ability's duration. The enhancements to your abilities while under the effects of Superiority Complex are meant to be mainly useful as team-fight utility, though the effects of Accelerate and Mind Feast in particular are still useful in small skirmishes or ganks. Overall, Superiority Complex enhances your debuffs to also be powerful support spells.

Infused Chassis is, superficially, a swapped version of Singed's Empowered Bulwark. Rather than giving health for mana, it gives mana for health (With a boosted ratio to compensate for the gold cost difference between mana and health); however, this gives Qurego'mas powerful synergy with a few supportive survivability items, such as Rylai's Crystal Scepter to enhance Mind Feast with a continuous slow, or Soul Shroud to grant yourself and your team some cooldown reduction, all while granting you much needed mana for your abilities. It also provides more mana on Banshee's Veil and Rod of Ages, both of which would be good item choices on Qurego'mas. You could even opt for a more tanky build with Warmog's Armor and get a big chunk of mana out of it.

The overall synergy of his kit is that you need a huge amount of mana to sustain your abilities, and your abilities offer more utility the longer you can sustain them; contrast with Ryze, who gains more damage the more mana he has, and Kassadin, who's ultimate offers more damage for every cast he can sustain it. The closest supportive parallel would be Taric, who's ultimate becomes more costly to sustain over time. With only one damaging ability - albeit with a strong ratio - ability power would be a tertiary goal, and tankiness would come hand-in-hand with mana thanks to the array of defensive mana items available, as well as Infused Chassis.

BlackLordDragonX

04-16-2011

Happy Birthday.As it is your B-day you should get a lot of B1tchez cuz that starts with B.Have fun on your party ^_^

ShadyGrave

04-16-2011

if you want to do two things, for instance create the champion backstory and a skillset. or art and /backstory. can you do that? send 2 emails? or 1?

1234511 ... 44