[GUIDE] Melee Kassadin - AKA Inyourfaceagainadin, AKA Hashashadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0degreez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2010

I love this guide I just played him the first time following this guide and it worked out perfectly. I didn't solo mid but I was bottom vsing a Panth and Jax mix. They pushed me back but once I hit 6 BAM! I destroyed their tower in first push! ^^ We won btw.

AIM7Sparrow

03-10-2010

I was this close to actually trying this out despite my firm stance against physical Kass and then I just happened to read on the previous page about your Guinsoo's Rageblade on Ryze. Now I'm beginning to question your sanity, let alone this guide.

Ebonclaw

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
I was this close to actually trying this out despite my firm stance against physical Kass and then I just happened to read on the previous page about your Guinsoo's Rageblade on Ryze. Now I'm beginning to question your sanity, let alone this guide.
I don't think you realize the complete hilarity of this, though. :P I could usually finish it in the middle of laning, if I got a couple early kills (most game, you should as Ryze), and it's easy to keep 8 stacks up most of the time just auto attacking minions. With full stacks, it's a LOT of AP for that point in the game, and your auto attacks really have some sting, for finishing people off.

That one is certainly not a highly competitive build, but it took all but the most highly disciplined by surprise. The Kass build and style of play is far more synergistic with the champs abilities, and is much more viable. I think you should try both, and sample both kinds of awesome.

AwesomeBlossom

04-03-2010

Hi Eboncow. Thank you so much for this build - I've been very annoyed with AP Kass. His nukes have a very short range forcing you to teleport in but after unloading the 3 spells you're a sitting duck and you're sitting way too close to fire. It feels like with AP you're the limited to being the cleanup crew after a fight started. Also pure AP neglects his passive and mana leech.

Kass was built to be the LOL version of antimage from dota in my oppinion (one of my favorite champs) and this build really brings him to life the way he should be played. for the third item I also suggest the rageblade - he benefits from all of it and can keep the stacks up with the teleport.

I'd like to point out that this kass can backdoor inhibitors/main base better than almost anyone if the turrets are down - he can get there very quickly, do his job, and get out even with the full team chasing him.

I've been trying to get him to work that way myself but had bad items and got frustrated.

thanks, good job!

Ebonclaw

04-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeBlossom View Post
...His nukes have a very short range forcing you to teleport in but after unloading the 3 spells you're a sitting duck and you're sitting way too close to fire. It feels like with AP you're the limited to being the cleanup crew after a fight started. Also pure AP neglects his passive and mana leech.

Kass was built to be the LOL version of antimage from dota in my oppinion (one of my favorite champs) and this build really brings him to life the way he should be played. for the third item I also suggest the rageblade - he benefits from all of it and can keep the stacks up with the teleport...
When I see a Kass on the other team, I always make sure that I am ready for him in the team fights. With an intimate understanding of the champ, I know when best to stun him grab him, jump on him, etc. I have shut down so many AP Kass' it's hilarious.

With this build, in a 5v5 you need only wait out the first round of disables. As soon as people pop their stuns (quit *****ing about it, people! he's not a tank, ANY non-tank wants to behave like this unless they can operate from extreme range!), you Rift onto the highest threat target, blast a Force Pulse all over everyone's faces, and I swear that you can hear them all screaming in terror as they die.

To clarify, I WANT AP Kass to Rift at me, him getting in close enough to Pulse is my only realistic chance to take him down - a competent melee Kass on the other team is so much scarier (though, I am well disposed to shutting down Kass with any build, after 200 or so games as him).

Also- bump to remind me to put together my TT update, and tweak the guide. <3

Yellow Jester

04-21-2010

Guinsoo's rageblade gets no love? AP, AD, AND AS? Hell yeah! The longer they stay in melee with you, the more powerful your riftwalk becomes. They may not fear you properly until it's too late.

Ebonclaw

04-21-2010

Well, I haven't played him too much since the Rageblade remake (to make abilities add stacks), and pretty much every game that I HAVE played, has ended by the point of Boots+Triforce+Stark's..... Unfortunately, Triforce is so powerful for the build, that I can hardly bear to push for anything else before it's completed.

Though, I've been playing almost exclusively on TT since it came out, and I think I'll have to take Kass out on SR a bit to get longer games where I can fill out the item build a bit more - I've been meaning to try the Rageblade specifically; all in good time, grasshopper.

FABIOForever

04-21-2010

Just wondering why you place priority on attack speed items if he's already getting attack speed from his passive. Why not something else in place of starks? Especially if you're going to be solo pushing a lot. Keep the early vampire scepter and start building something else instead of the emblem/starks.

I mean, I know you drain mana faster with higher AS, but like you said why drain them when you can kill them.

Malviere

04-21-2010

I wanted to tell you awesome guide. I found this when i first bought kassadin a week ago after failing horribly my first game. I follow your strat exactly every game and I have to say I love it. Ap is too boring for me, I enjoy your melee strat. Keep up the good writing!

Ebonclaw

04-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABIOForever View Post
Just wondering why you place priority on attack speed items if he's already getting attack speed from his passive. Why not something else in place of starks? Especially if you're going to be solo pushing a lot. Keep the early vampire scepter and start building something else instead of the emblem/starks.

I mean, I know you drain mana faster with higher AS, but like you said why drain them when you can kill them.
Well, it's an interesting paradox. My feeling is that ultimately, you want Void Stone to push you to near 2.0 AS. This is also why, after Stark's is complete, I usually go straight to a high AD item like Bloodthirster.

Remember, Stark's has Armor Reduction, so the trifecta of Speed, Lifesteal, and a damage multiplier makes this a potent addition. Also, while many champs MUST push damage earlier in order to maintain auto attack effectiveness, by this time you have *3* tools to maintain attack range, your Phage/Triforce proc, Force Pulse, and Riftwalk.

Going to the other discussion on the Rageblade, I am considering changing my build order to get the Rage rather than finishing Stark's - at least, tinkering with it a bit. Rageblade has the potential to add a lot of punch to a melee oriented Kass, and may provide enough AS to allow the build to go Boots > Triforce > Rageblade > Bloodthirster, which would be quite potent. Just bear in mind that while it provides a notably higher damage potential, it greatly reduces the Lifesteal at your disposal.

He's a tricky champ, and honestly the only piece of gear that I think he is married to, is the Trinity - everything else that he might find useful, he WILL find useful in the right scenario.

<3