[GUIDE] Melee Kassadin - AKA Inyourfaceagainadin, AKA Hashashadin

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wildfire393

02-27-2010

Seems like a solid guide to an underplayed build for a hero.

Have you put any thought into Wit's End? It seems like with all the extra attackspeed and the manadraining going around, it'd be fairly handy. You could quickly drain the mana of any melee or tank, leaving them unable to use their abilities.

kijik

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
Just tried this build; VERY SUCCESSFUL. Thank you so much for this, AP Kassadin is junk compared to your build.
To all you newbie Kassadin players out there, or Kassadin players to be.. I believe 75% of these forums guides to be junk. This guide shinines among them.

Thanks again!

Eh, it's all about playstyle, AP kassadin is definitely more fit for a player that likes to do planned strikes and wishes to have a LOT of presence in a team fight with his ninja strikes blinking in and out.

Whereas physical is more of a yi with a blink and nukes style play.

@Ebon, interesting, mebbeh you're meant to take my crown as a top kass player til I get back :P

Ebonclaw

02-27-2010

Hey, +1 me if you like the guide please. <3

On Wit's End, I've only gotten it a couple of times, and I wasn't terribly pleased by it. The problem is that it can limit the amount of mana that you leech, and leeching is very important for this build - and you also pay money for damage that doesn't contribute to your lifesteal. So, I won't say it can't work with the build, I've just been generally unimpressed. Look at it this way, you face 3 general types of enemies: magey types, with high mana, physical types with low mana, and a few with no mana at all. Your leech is % based, so against the magey types, even with Wit's End, you are not likely to drain them completely dry very often, against the physical types you may drain them fast, but then you will run OOM yourself, and against the no mana chars, I'm not so sure Wit's End even does anything.

@Pineapple - It's not a big deal, really. If I want to play Kass, I pick him, then I ask if anyone else wanted mid. I then quickly explain that if someone does, I will switch chars. Most of my friends who have seen my Kass demand that I play him, and they will yell at other people who try to claim mid instead. So it's not an issue in premades, and when I solo queue, I just make sure I'm making the right choice. Don't you have some champs that you only play on side lanes, or only play mid? Like take Shaco, he has to side lane..... you don't think it's odd that someone would specify they can't or won't play him in mid?

Hetid

02-27-2010

Passive is called Void Stone.
I main Kass myself, and i think i'll give your build a try, though i was always sceptical about melee Kass idea, but you kinda inspired me.

Spikywarkitten

02-27-2010

Oh thank ya. I once built a very effective melee kassiden, but I forgot what it was. This will definitely provide me with a starting point.

Quick Sand

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw View Post
Hey, +1 me if you like the guide please. <3

@Pineapple - It's not a big deal, really. If I want to play Kass, I pick him, then I ask if anyone else wanted mid. I then quickly explain that if someone does, I will switch chars. Most of my friends who have seen my Kass demand that I play him, and they will yell at other people who try to claim mid instead. So it's not an issue in premades, and when I solo queue, I just make sure I'm making the right choice. Don't you have some champs that you only play on side lanes, or only play mid? Like take Shaco, he has to side lane..... you don't think it's odd that someone would specify they can't or won't play him in mid?
I completely agree with this logic and I do the exact same thing. When solo, kassadin has his greatest ganking potential, which is headlined by the fact he can catch stragglers. This opens up huge pushes and mid-game domination of the map.

Hydroniums

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

I stopped reading your guie when I read Annie is afraid of no one. As someone who's played many games as both kassadin and annie, I must disagree. Annie is afraid of one person, and that's AP Kassadin. If Kassadin loses the role of making every person in the game **** their pants by going as melee, I have to decline.

RHINO Mk II

02-28-2010

So, when I saw this thread I decided to modify it and build a kass with 5 wits end and boots. Unfortunately the mana drain doesn't stack. However, I did end up with a crazy double bloodthirster double phantom infi edge build. 1.9 attack speed, 1000+ dmg crits, 50% lifesteal, and each hit gives you 10% of the enemy's mana, meaning more riftwalks

kijik

02-28-2010

RHINO you realize that build isn't realistic, right?

If gold wasn't an object, a lot of the guides on this forum would be worth nothing.

Point of a guide's item section is to list a realistic item build.

Aethewn

02-28-2010

Liked your guide very very much!
Thanks!
One minor change that can be made, I think, is taking doran's ring instead of meki at the start. It's like free HP with almost the same mana regen.

123456 ... 12