The leaver buster system is like the gestapo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fluid8472

04-15-2011

GO to the help and support forum and the no.1 complaint is the insane harshness of the leaver buster system which currently maintains 2% of your wins not total games as far as I have read as a level 1 leave and level 2 is not far after.

It is like the gestapo in the following ways:

1)it singles out people who have a small leave percentage 2% is pushing it since in HON atleast uptill 5% is green, 5-10% is yellow and now red.

2) Does not distinguish between intentional and unintentional leavers

3) Is hurting the unintentional leavers more than the intentional ones if you go to the support forum threads on mounting suspensions.

4) Is cruel and mathematical with no human over ride (the tribunal which we were promised soon)

RIot as a company I see in light of this leaver buster's results should realise it is hurting genuinely decent and good players who have no fault in their leave because of the following circumstances:

1) random chance events
2) unstable net
3) the lagginess in the last few patches everyone has been feeling
4) the client's numerous bugs such as reconnect, frame rate instability and force restarting your router
5) the recent que login system that makes you wait 20 miutes if your lucky when the client crashes, I have been suspended twice because when my client crashes in game and I restart it I have to wait 20 minutes too late to resume the game and am told I abandoned my team for a software problem on riot's end.

I get the spirit is to punish intentional leavers riot but here's two suggestions on how to fix the issue without having to do much.

1) tweak leaver buster to give 10 minutes to a person to reconnect if they disconnect during a game and allow leave level 1 to apply on atleast 5% of total games played not the current unfair system of 2% of your wins which is unfair to new or unskilled players.

2)suspend leaver buster until the tribunal arrives because if you leave the system as it is now alot of genuine paying/non paying decent unintentional leavers will eventually make smurfs and exert their frustrations over newbs or may become long term trolls from riot's apathetic policy towards their greivances. Even the infamous HON has a suspension appeal forum and the S2 staff with volunteers hear out cases on suspensions becoming bans or being overturned. Leaving leaverbuster to a soulless cold mathematical algorithm is cruel and from a marketing perspective is unsound as it will make you stand out as a cold company amongst your market with DOTA2 on the horizon.

3) Reset the leaves of all players for the last 2 months because that is when the spike in lag and server instability happened and that I dare say caused a lot of people to enter the leaver thresholds they are in today. Since it was your fault I ask that you own up to it responsibly and allow us to resume with a clean slate that we had 2 months before the patch bugs tore our pings and fps to shreds.

I hope a red takes this thread seriously as there are alot of us out there who have unintentional leaves and to those people who use the textbook, you ruined the game for 4 other people let me tell you this sirs and madams, no game from COD to TF2 to even HON anywhere on the internet will you find leaver free environment.

Everyday there is an earthquake, storm, power outage etc and people across the globe now play video games. Being a WOW player I know how frustrating it is to have a raid ruined by a leaver but you have to understand that it is impossible to stop leaving. It is more simpler to weed out the griefers, ragers and trolls who intentionally leave and prosecuting them for griefing, raging, trolling but leaving is by no means a crime as I feel feeding or typing in all chat in game to your enemy about your team being at baron etc is more detrimental to the game.

So riot stop picking small potatoes and focus on the real problems at hand. Persecuting leavers further is a fruitless endeavour that will end up backfiring hard on you. In these last 2 months please analyse statistically if leaverbuster is alienating you from your playerbase or not. That is all from a concerned LOL player.

Buried

04-15-2011

don't play if you know your connection is bad?

of my leaves, 1 was from rage when I first started, then I saw that it kept track of leaves (and that surrender existed) and never did it again. I get d/c or client bugs sometimes and get leaves for it, and probably get reported. imo, if that happens, u might eventually get a small ban (day?). If you have a horrible connection such that you "leave" a lot and get banned repeatedly for increasing durations, then you shouldn't be playing anyway. An unintentional leave and an intentional one both have the same effect - can't judge everything on intent when 9 other people suffer.

fluid8472

04-15-2011

the current system is too narrow dude..

1) your win's not your total games played are the leave percentage
2) you have less than 5 minutes to rejoin a game if your client crashes or net dies
3) the login que system is a substantial delay to rejoining a game as well as numerous bugs in reconnecting.
4) The net can die any minute anytime you can't control that can you? It can be perfect net for 4 games then on the fifth you get a leave. Leaver buster punishes you for that 5th game without taking into account that you aren't in violation of the summoner's code.

Batdude

04-15-2011

You leave out the fact that HoN is full of the worst baddie ragers that ever played a DoTA clone.

They have in game chat you know, its terrible, thats why they have to have the percentage so high, so many leavers.

fluid8472

04-15-2011

leavers in the end are not the main problem....I have won 4v5, 3v5 most of the time because I have competent team mates, If I have one feeder, rager, troll on my team I usually lose that game. Leavers are not necessarily a bad player and not bad people. You guys should be focusing on prosecuting the real criminals who are griefers, ragers, feeders, trolls not leavers who might have left because of sudden dc or login que or client crash.

SQUAT QUEEN AMY

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buried View Post
don't play if you know your connection is bad?
My connection to Riot is great, yet I still have 17 leaves (not sure why it doesn't show on my record O.o)

Most were due to server instabilities and client crashes.

My first 2 leaves were from when I thought I could leave a game and join another game with my friends... I was so frustrated...

warmonkey

04-15-2011

my leave rate is in the neighborhood of 0.08%.

and every leave on my record is due to either a power outage or loss of connectivity due to comcast hating me. and one was due to comcast followed by my launcher glitching and forcing me to uninstall, and then reinstall, LoL.

i guess what i'm saying is, why you mad bro. i've got over 2k games played, probably closing in on 3k, and I'm an utterly unreliable human being to boot. stop leaving games.

fluid8472

04-15-2011

i have 466 wins and 485 losses and 26 leaves. If you do the math

current leaver buster

.02*466=9.32 leaves

Proposed leaver buster

.05*(466+485)=47.55 leaves

I have almost 1000 games under my belt and I don't feel happy that only 26 leaves will get my banned for good. For 26 games I have unintentionally left over a period of 900 ranked games plus 1000 plus normal games I have played it feels unfair that such a small percentage of leaves destroy a LOL career.