A look at Twisted Fate, now and then

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rectal Necrosis

02-26-2010

So I played against a mordenkaiser last night, I had a full page of crit runes, and the crit mastery, needless to say I was sitting on a 30% crit after everything was said and done. The build I use on Twisted Fate powers up my gold card so that I can hit for 250 damage plus whatever my stun feels like. I prefer this over wild card because I can creep farm with it as well, and I conserve mana better with only one offensive skill. So keep in mind I've half crippled cardmaster as I can't throw wilds.

Well, my buddy and I sit in the bushes, morden who has no slow/blinds/stuns/etc... waltez in and we kill him. Morden comes back, dies in twenty seconds (my buddy was the new Jax). Thirty seconds later:

Whinynoob: I thought riot fixed that OP character, looks like some **** can still play him. Learn to play a /real/ champion ***!

This got me to thinking. Have people really forgotten the terror that twisted fate USED to be? Take a look at this:

Gate ultimate mana cost went from 50 to 80
Gate cooldown went from 30 to 75
Reveal cooldown went from 60 to 90
Reveal slow went from 45 to 30ish
Reveal time went from 4/6/8 to 4/5/6
PaC went from 3 second cool down to 5
PaC bank time went from 15 seconds to 10
PaC went from 40/50/60/70/80 to 60/70/80//90/100
Gold went from AoE stun to single target
Wild card went from 3 second cool down to 5

Now we can argue all day about "Well this guy can go anywhere on the map" but would you prefer an Uber squish to go anywhere on the map? Or an MFing Cho'gath to randomly appear behind you? Really, the only reason I think someone could consider him OP is when a mage decides to go wild card burst with him and the enemy team is too stupid to dodge wild cards.

Either way, I've sat through every nerf they've thrown at my card master, if you're still dying to him you're dying to sheer skill, not an OP character.

Also: You want to QQ about an OP character. My team lost to a Zilean carry last night. That's right.... a ZILEAN carry. I swear to God he's the bomber man of LoL.

Synyster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

Thank you...Thank you so much i just cried a little inside :P So many times i have thought about these things and i couldnt put them on paper ahhh. Hey think back to beta as well he WAS op then > but as long as the noobs know like you said "if you're still dying to him you're dying to sheer skill, not an OP character." that will make any cardmaster who is worth his salt's day! I raise my glass to hopefully a bright Twisted Fate future; remake or not. And if my thoughts sound scattered dont ask im ******ed hehe

Rectal Necrosis

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Thank you...Thank you so much i just cried a little inside :P So many times i have thought about these things and i couldnt put them on paper ahhh. Hey think back to beta as well he WAS op then > but as long as the noobs know like you said "if you're still dying to him you're dying to sheer skill, not an OP character." that will make any cardmaster who is worth his salt's day! I raise my glass to hopefully a bright Twisted Fate future; remake or not. And if my thoughts sound scattered dont ask im ******ed hehe
Honestly I want to go back and rerelease every champion with their original skills/stats. I killed twitch back when he was "OP", and tryn when he was "OP" as well. It could be a fun weekend to say the least XD

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

you list out his nerfs over time, but not the subtle buffs he got to damage? TF is still top tier, and can still single handedly win games. The changes did not fix the power he has in skill synergy, map control, weighing lane fights in his favor, initiating, and farming. And that is why he is still top tier, just a bit easier to take down now then he was before.

TBH, the worst thing about TF now is that Gold Card Stun still procs through Banshee's Veil... (oh and that Wild Cards have ridiculous range and damage and go through everything in their path despite the increased mana cost, still one of the better underappreciated skills in the game and for TF in general.)

Charmicarmicarmicat

02-26-2010

You forgot the removal of aoe stun on gold cards.

SalDarkSeed

02-26-2010

yeah sometimes even if your not noob you can really avoide the wild cards like team battle or when your with your creeps and he throws them and creeps are in your way :<

Rectal Necrosis

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalDarkSeed View Post
yeah sometimes even if you're not a noob you can't avoid the wild cards; Like team battle, or when you're with your creeps and he throws a Wild card and creeps are in your way. :< <----I assume that last thing is a frowny face,
Oh look, ashe's crystal arrow just bypassed a ton of creeps and killed you.

Oh look, zilean dropped a bomb on you, good luck avoiding that one.

Btw: Fixed what you said so other people can understand it.

Midnit

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalDarkSeed View Post
yeah sometimes even if your not noob you can really avoide the wild cards like team battle or when your with your creeps and he throws them and creeps are in your way :<
Darn that TF, he stood right there and waited until I got myself surrounded by minion and then he attacked. And curse Poppy for waiting until I got near the wall! If these people don't start attacking me when I am most prepared I am just going to quit.

If your in a team battle and avoiding the Wild Card is your biggest concern your probably gonna get smoked anyway.

Rock on TF.

SalDarkSeed

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekmaster View Post
Oh look, ashe's crystal arrow just bypassed a ton of creeps and killed you.

Oh look, zilean dropped a bomb on you, good luck avoiding that one.

Btw: Fixed what you said so other people can understand it.
yeah lol my spelling and english sucks :O
and i like my little faces
there cute like

ashes arrow hmm i have seen some pretty fail ashes out there O_o;; like one last ngith missed my friend when she was like right in front of him like right there it was awsome

zilean eh no clue what to say thoguth banshies helps prevent one bomb :O?
even if it isn't life saveing its gonna annoy him
same with karthus it blocks his ulti

Gaimcap

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnit View Post
Darn that TF, he stood right there and waited until I got myself surrounded by minion and then he attacked. And curse Poppy for waiting until I got near the wall! If these people don't start attacking me when I am most prepared I am just going to quit.

If your in a team battle and avoiding the Wild Card is your biggest concern your probably gonna get smoked anyway.

Rock on TF.
My favorite is when they're tower hugging and decide to go around the side with the tiny pathway instead of the big open side. That's a free hit there for TF and Nidalee if they know to look for and can time it.

Also find it funny that sometimes people get hit by wild cards side ones because my middle card is aiming elsewhere... It happens WAY more than it should >.>.