How do you know your ELO

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SavChron

04-15-2011

dawwwwww.....but but... I don't play ranked.... sad panda

Karn Bishop

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Normal Games have a rating system just like Ranked Games (though these ratings are separate).

Rating in Normal Games is hidden. This tends to create a less hostile experience for casual players as those who really care about rating head to Ranked Games.

When creating a pre-made team, matchmaking tends to average your ratings together. There's some extra math behind the scenes, as well.
This is cool except when the match making system decides that since one lvl 30 got thrown into a bunch of lvl 22's its therefore ok to stick a level 7 player with absolutely no runes in same match, i mean thats just cruel.

Floydian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavChron View Post
can we some how get to find out our normal elo? **hint hint** Phreak plz..... just curious...lol
If you're high normal elo you'll have about +200 wins over losses and get games against known high elo players.

Chaldyth the Axe

04-15-2011

We need a normal draft option that shows elo,

True story.

-

SavChron

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydian View Post
If you're high normal elo you'll have about +200 wins over losses and get games against known high elo players.
hmmmm... 200+ wins over your losses. I don't think I'm that far over. in fact I might be under by a dozen or games.

Brozan

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavChron View Post
hmmmm... 200+ wins over your losses. I don't think I'm that far over. in fact I might be under by a dozen or games.
I'm 100 over, and I'm no where near high elo (at least not judging by my ranked rank)

AlegriaTheSecond

04-15-2011

I would also like to know my normal rating, lol...most likely terrible ^^
though i mostly seem to get decent people in mid when i play there

SavChron

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozan View Post
I'm 100 over, and I'm no where near high elo (at least not judging by my ranked rank)
how much time have u dumped in gettin 100+?

Evil Ninja Inc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Normal Games have a rating system just like Ranked Games (though these ratings are separate).

Rating in Normal Games is hidden. This tends to create a less hostile experience for casual players as those who really care about rating head to Ranked Games.

When creating a pre-made team, matchmaking tends to average your ratings together. There's some extra math behind the scenes, as well.
You forgot to mention the fact that true ELO is horse**** since you rely on the "carry" factor. Not all games can be carried Phreak and you know this. So op, you'll never know your true elo until Riot fixes their algorithm.

adertyta1ntslap

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSativaCyborgx View Post
You forgot to mention the fact that true ELO is horse**** since you rely on the "carry" factor. Not all games can be carried Phreak and you know this. So op, you'll never know your true elo until Riot fixes their algorithm.
wtf . . . just because not every game can be "carried" doesnt mean ELO is horse **** . . . lol even if just 1 game in 30 can possibly be "carried" ELO would eventually be a good representation of skill over a large enough sample size (although admittedly if that was the case the sample size would need to be remarkable large like 10k games or something obscene) but still the fact reamains . . . your arguement is horse ****. . .

Oh and op i think it would be nice to know normal ELO currently im at like +150 wins and only "occasionally" see high ELO players . . . more often its low-mid and mid ELO players. . . so ya it takes quite a few more wins than losses to get to high ELO in normals