Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does anybody else NOT want Magma Chamber?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotJordy

04-15-2011

Personally, I'd rather have new game modes, new unique champions (that aren't all 6300 IP!) and to fix up current problems in LoL. I don't really care about a new map because, as with TT, it'll be hyped, be released and a month later, everyone will forget about it.

Crossf1re

04-15-2011

No.

It's going to be VERY HARD to create a new map with he same flow and balance but with different design.

I also want them to fix the fundamental issues (server stability, champ balance etc.) before adding extra things.

TEKNOC

04-15-2011

I would like a new map... but I don't really care when. I enjoy SR and TT.

LOLno

04-15-2011

No. I can't stand playing 5v5 rift every game. It's monotonous.

New map please.

BigDaddyDelish

04-15-2011

I would very much enjoy a new map, but I also would really like them to sit down for a little bit and focus on things that are important.

Riot seems to be running out of ideas... Brand? Jarvan? This new guy Rumble doesn't look very promising either....

Eat Acid Hunters

04-15-2011

There should be 4 SR skins, IMO. That would break monotony if you could play in each season at random. They're just missing spring.

But, Riot's teams are diverse and separated. There's probably only a handful of people working on the new map, and another handful working on the graphic update. I doubt that these two groups (okay, the graphics people MAYBE could help solve issues) could do much to fix current bugs or design new champs or implement new game modes.

... Also, new game modes? What are you expecting, Deathmatch? CTF? King of the Hill?

Sonic7145

04-15-2011

Frankly, it's not a huge deal to me. I'd much rather they focus on gameplay fixes and additions. By this I mean I'd prefer to see new items and champions as opposed to new maps or game-modes. To me, the game is basically DoTA. I'm not looking to change the rules of the game, just new ways to play.

scoops sunshine

04-15-2011

I don't know why they even try with new maps when it will just be played for a week and then forgotten about.

I mean, Twisted treeline doesn't even get played in any championships. It's always Summoner's rift.
Even riot admits they don't balance for it and nobody plays it. Magma chamber is just gonna be another version of Twisted Treeline; unique and possibly brilliant but inevitably pointless.

Holy Malevolence

04-15-2011

M'thinks it'd be interesting, but would probably just make jungling even more difficult than it is on Rift.
At least for a small while.

tdub2217

04-15-2011

honestly i would like to see new game types, but they did not hint at new game types did they? =)