Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

To: Laners From: Junglers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lulwy

04-15-2011

A brief little lecture of things to expect from your jungler in mid Elo.

1: Yes, I can gank. No, I can't gank right now. When I do come to gank and you ping, follow up. There is no way in hell I'm going to bring down a full HP Urgot on my own and you're nowhere near dead, so stop hitting those ****ed minions and get the gank you asked for.

2: When I'm doing blue and both people in the bot lane head into the top brush, tell me. I'm busy watching for when I should Smite, or planning my route, or looking at ganking that guy up top or mid. Maybe if I were high Elo I'de be able to watch bot while doing all this, but then I wouldn't be in your game, now would I? Them leaving means my blue got warded and is something I should know about prior to a three man gank while you're jerking off by the tower.

3: I'm happy to give you buffs if you can use them. If I'm Olaf and you ask for my red well... I'll probably say no. It helps me do my job in team fights immensely. But you want that blue? Take it. I'll help you.

4: Dragon is important and I know this. However I'm not going to take dragon on my own when they're all up and bottom is pushed to their tower. I rather you ***** about me not killing dragon than you ***** about me dying and losing dragon.

5: Stop acting so squeamish. Yes, playing balls to the wall aggressively can be very bad and get you killed dozens of times. But if its a 3v2 and you have full health while I'm charging in, here's a tip: I'm expecting backup. I am knowingly charging into a potentially 2v2/2v1 situation I may not win on the assumption your full health, 3/4ths mana ass is going to come in and back me up. This ties heavily into #1.

6: If we go to gank their jungler at the start, there's some key things to know. First, he's guarded, so stick by the brush between blue and mid lane, don't go further down to wolves. Second, once we've denied them a start at blue, I'll be overjoyed if you help me steal it and kill their wolves. The whole reason we did this was to stop them from jungling, so while we're here lets not half ass it.

7: Finally, when late game comes around and you want to blame someone for the fed people on their team who slaughtered me when I came to gank, its probably not my fault. I'm the jungler and came in there to help you score a kill. You've been dutifully ignoring the six tips above, and as such, you are forcing me into 1v1's against champions at least one level higher than me who probably are better suited to 1v1 combat. Yes, I died and you didn't. However the only reason I died is because you weren't participating in the gank. Its an almost sure fire kill if they're at our tower, but only if both of us work together. If you have hard CC and I don't, I expect you to initiate.

Oh and between us junglers: Although sometimes it isn't our fault, building ******ed **** and trying to gank full HP enemies above our own level are things we just shouldn't be doing. If they're calling for a gank because they're being harassed too hard, replace them in the lane while they b. You're less likely to die, get some sweet solo lane XP, and the whiney ******* shuts up. Also, although your job isn't to ward every single lane, you should still be placing wards where its important. If top is pushing real hard and dominating their lane but their ward just ran out, do them a favor and ward them up so they can keep steamrolling. Improve and your Elo will rise... ideally to a point where the above seven points aren't an issue.

Addendum:
8: Part of my job is to cover your lane from time to time if you need to b and a gank isn't feasible. However, do me a favor and come back to your lane. Its kind of annoying when you want me to jungle and gank the lanes while counterjungling on occasion, then you ask me to "hold your lane" while you go help mid, or go to bot. I'm a jungler and probably don't have the points in the right skills to lane competently, and every moment I'm spending babysitting your lane is another moment my red/blue could be warded, or they could be doing dragon because I've been here five ****ing minutes and haven't been able to go down and put another Wriggle's ward there. I'm more than happy to babysit your lane- but I am not willing to replace you in it.

tl;dr: One does not simply tl;dr a list.

AzuMakii

04-15-2011

agreed its always tyhe jungler his fault if he does not ganked becouse the lane is pushed

내 나쁜 검둥이

04-15-2011

Quote:
Lulwy:

tl;dr: One does not simply tl;dr a list.

Hes making a list
checking it twice
gonna find out whos overextending or not
Warwick isn't coming, to your lane...

He sees you when you're pushing
He knows when you auto attack
He knows if you've been feeding or a noob
so last hit, for goodness sake

oh...
You better buy wards
You better not whine
You better not push or I'm telling you why
Warwick isn't coming, to your lane...

ilovetolmao

04-15-2011

That's fine and all, but the thing that bothers me most is it's always somehow my fault whenever someone loses their lane. They push and grind up against the enemy tower and then wonder why they didn't get any ganks.

"Oh my god I've been ganked like 3 times by the enemy jungler and got no ganks". WELL GEE I WONDER WHY. YOURE OVEREXTENDING THE ENTIRE TIME. It's like people expect you to tower dive at lvl 4

Also remember that a jungler can't babysit all 3 lanes while still staying farmed and leveled.

Iron Impact

04-15-2011

me: let him push, i can gank
laner: SORRY TOO BUSY AUTO ATTACKING TO HEAR YOU. LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY IM GETTING WHILE YOU'RE IN THAT SILLY BUSH YOU BUSH LOVER

such is life in summoners rift

baggies1

04-15-2011

good post that brings up very valid points

SirJeth

04-15-2011

You just walked into a big pile of Mordor

YoshioPeePee

04-15-2011

nice tips

I've been having more success since I've been smarter about using gank opprotunities like a waiting jungler well (knowing what is about to happen and intiating when the enemy overextends and knowing to let the opponent push past where the ganker is waiting)

though sometimes I have to tell the ganker to forget about it if the enemy is just playing too cautiously and refuses to push or try to attack me. I think i stil need to improve when it comes to luring in the lane

t3hcollective

04-15-2011

The only thing that needs to be said is: DON'T PUSH UP TO THEIR TOWER THEN WHINE FOR A GANK!

SirJeth

04-15-2011

Quote:
t3hcollective:
The only thing that needs to be said is: DON'T PUSH UP TO THEIR TOWER THEN WHINE FOR A GANK!

this