Poll Removed

Poll Removed 0 0%
Poll Removed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Southeast Asia megathread

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

02-25-2010
1 of 20 Riot Posts

Hey guys, let's keep discussions condensed to a single thread so it's easier for me to track and respond to. I'll be replying to as many as I can tomorrow morning as soon as I get into the office.

ZGBaddy

02-25-2010

I think I speak for us all ( except for the elite racists ) when I say this was an extremely bad move on riot's behalf.

Why would you guys BLOCK out SEA IP's? What other game FORCES this? For what reason was this decision even CONSIDERED?!

Selenitis

02-25-2010

I figure this might be useful.

FAQ:

Q: What the heck is SEA?! Does it affect me in Australia?
A: Only affects Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore and the Philippines.
(Not sure about Indonesia, etc)

Q: What will happen to my data?
A: They'll be refunding the money you spent by paying it back to the payment source. Account transfers are not confirmed yet, but 'they're looking into it'.

Reivur

02-25-2010

How can you in good conscious go on about Riot caring about Community and then last second promptly slap it in the face/tear friends and supporters away?

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

02-25-2010
2 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
How can you in good conscious go on about Riot caring about Community and then last second promptly slap it in the face/tear friends and supporters away?
If we didn't care, we would have blocked the discussions from the forums too, no?

Assasinates13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

How could this happen !!

Quote:
I want to socialize while playing League of Legends because the only other games i play are by SEA's Servers. I have already been bored to death by arguing with SEA's people as they are a little hard headed as are I.

I speak english nicely and if this is actually the response to some rage thread about how they hate foreign languages being spoken continously in game, WHO GIVES A SH*T. A large part of the community plays this game for the meeting of new friends, get more teamwork and learn to work together with other people!. If you are only limited to work with people in your region, whats the point!

I've already put up with alot of downtimes while we are in primetime but I don't care. I still support this game. But if you cut our connection with the world, I'm telling you only dumb games against local players will be held and no socializing will be had.

This is the truth Riot please see it with you eyes. Are you actually blind? You force us into migration without giving us a choice? What kind of sh*t is that? Look at the forums and see for yourself and learn from mistakes.

I now rest my case as my fingers are now tired from typing this unneeded message if you hadn't made the descision to move the servers. For the record, this is my first rage post at Riot and my longest post ever so take note please Riot.

Sefam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

Edit: Whoever downvoted is stupid.

Okay Pendragon, nice timing, because I was gonna make my own thread.

I am a North American player here, and.... Even though I hate some people here, I cannot stand an entire community enjoying the same game than I do getting torn apart because someone somewhere decided that SEA players... Just had to be stuck there because they wanted cash, you know? This is SICK.

It's like "Oh, you get to be blocked tomorrow because we decided so". I am sure there are tons of SEA players that just want to cut out some people's entrails right now. That's how pissed I'd be if I was a SEA player because I am very devoted to this game.

This was an extremely bad decision, took without even a nod to the community. Quite a few SEA players are from the council and quite a lot of LoL's players, I am sure, are SEA players.

Is it too late to revert this decision or do something RATIONAL about it?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
If we didn't care, we would have blocked the discussions from the forums too, no?
This decision wouldn't have been took this hastily, right now, the SEA players don't have official assured feedback on this issue.

ZGBaddy

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
If that were the scenario, I'm pretty sure the community would be even more enraged for unnecessary censoring.

HyperWeaponRance

02-25-2010

Im a NA Player and even i feel somewhat violated by this move, really should have consulted with the players before you guys try idea's like this, i know its with the best intentions, trying to reduce sever lag and other such things but it doesnt change the fact that it will make alot of people unhappy

i Propose you give people the option to choose where they wanna go, NA or SEA, some people will wanna stay in NA, and some will wanna migrate to SEA for faster speeds, better response times, ect

Either way Good luck with whatever you choose

Crazyloopedtrack

02-25-2010

I'm californian? does this affect me? no. can i visit you guys at your office?