I can't play Brand very well. Any tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frostnight

04-14-2011

Hi! I recently purchased Brand, and I'm not really good at him.
To be honest, It's really hard to land Pillar of Flame, and Sear because of the minions that are really in the way. When I first played Brand, I maxxed out Pillar of Flame first and found out that it was a huge mistake, and that Conflagrate would be well to start off with.

Can anyone please help me? Thanks!

Vesax

04-14-2011

Max w.. e is not even that good. Use smart cast to hit q better and predict where they move. ;/

thebeanmachine

04-15-2011

early game w is powerfulll. anticipate their movement and cast where theyre headed

Danei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

I don't understand why people ever max E first. I've had good results with Q and with W, but why E?

Q is way more spammable and W does way more damage.

jorgensson

04-15-2011

I like to think i'm pretty good with Brand. Definitely Max W and E first. Only take 1 point in Q as that is just your stun. In any situation, you start off with E, then when they are ablaze, stun them with Q which allows you to land your W with 100% accuracy. Rinse and Repeat.

jorgensson

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danei View Post
I don't understand why people ever max E first. I've had good results with Q and with W, but why E?

Q is way more spammable and W does way more damage.
Q is more spammable but it hits the first target you encounter, and a lot of the time there is something in the way of you and your target (it's not often that it's just you and one enemy).

E however can hit anything from anywhere within range. Good reliable damage that is not a skill shot.

Kakashik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2011

R w q e

General8

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnight View Post
Hi! I recently purchased Brand, and I'm not really good at him.
To be honest, It's really hard to land Pillar of Flame, and Sear because of the minions that are really in the way. When I first played Brand, I maxxed out Pillar of Flame first and found out that it was a huge mistake, and that Conflagrate would be well to start off with.

Can anyone please help me? Thanks!
grab flash + ignite

around level 3 start being very aggressive

do this in solo mid

E, Q, W

they get hit hard

Do againt at level 6

E, Q, W, R , Ignite

guaranteed kill or they go heal putting u above levels

I find its best in teamfights to use R when they are grouped together (don't use it as a finishing blow as it'll stop the bounce). Try to get as many bounces as you can (more assists this way).

For farming use W, then E and ur garunteed all 3 back minions.

I find around rabadons + zhonya hourglass + ROA + Ryleigh + shoes + lich bane.

His AP ratio's aren't that great so his late game scales bad but with lichbane you can still put good dmg output late.

Gato Muerto

04-15-2011

You have said that you aren't doing well w/ Brand, but haven't said what the problem is.

Do you play any other casters? Annie, Morgana, and Swain are all similar in their skill-shot/predictive abilities.

Are you dying alot? Running out of mana? I have played Brand a few times, and although it is easy to survive with him due to his range, I have problems w/ running out of mana, at which point you become a lot easier to harass/kill.

Frostnight

04-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato Muerto View Post
You have said that you aren't doing well w/ Brand, but haven't said what the problem is.

Do you play any other casters? Annie, Morgana, and Swain are all similar in their skill-shot/predictive abilities.

Are you dying alot? Running out of mana? I have played Brand a few times, and although it is easy to survive with him due to his range, I have problems w/ running out of mana, at which point you become a lot easier to harass/kill.
Thanks guys for the support! I'm reading every comment carefully.

Well, I'm not running out of mana that's for sure. (I get Doran's ring first.)
The problem with me is his combos. I know a decent combo to start off with is his
E (Conflagrate) and his W (Pillar of Fire). It's also a bit difficult for me to land his skill shot, and I really don't know what to really maximize first between the two.

Again, thanks for the help!