[Guide]Mordekaiser: Necromancy and You

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Disney World

02-27-2010

Quote:
@the OP, in your masteries (I haven't palyed mord so IDK) but unless all of his spells are 100% physical damage you'll get much better returns from your masteries if you drop 1 point in brute force and put it into archaic knowledge. Heck drop two and put the other point in the last point of alacrity, which will also give better dps returns. Brute force is balls, if all his stuff is phys and/or unmitigateable though 2/3 in it is still fine since archaic wouldn't do anything in that case. Definately 1% attack speed will end up as a higher dps boost than +1 AD
I am actually changing the masteries now to drop 1 point out of the attack speed drop it to 3% and move it to Archaic.

Quote:
First, skills. You're crazy for levelling Creeping Death before Siphon of Destruction. Farming-wise, Siphon serves the exact same purpose except it's many times easier and safer to use. You'll farm better, you'll harass better, your shield will stay higher...it should be first priority, no contest. Whether Mace or Creeping Death should be maxed second is up in the air.
The skill build I posted is just normally what I go, I do mention that it is a bit of personal preference though. Creeping death, as a whole to me is much easier to use for harassing and some farming then siphon(doesn't put you in any danger). Though, siphon is still great and if you prefer by all means take it.

Thank you everyone for your feedback, i'm doing more testing and updating the guide.

Vices

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joru View Post
To farm with Creeping Death, you have to run up right next to the creeps and then just stand there while you wait for it to work. You're unlikely to hit more than three at once, you're putting yourself in a position where you're easy to harass, and the harassment will probably outpace the shield's gradual growth. Siphon can be cast from a safe distance, can be positioned to hit almost all of the creeps, and provides more shield power all in one big burst to protect you entirely from any incoming hit. It's also functional at every level...Creeping Death is terrible until the last couple of levels when the damage and uptime have finally climbed to a respectable position.

And the Stark's is as much or more for the 30 HP/5 as for the lifesteal. That's a lot of regen, and it's the only offensively-oriented item that has it. I often worry that with both a Frozen Mallet and a Warmog's, you wind up with too much health and not enough damage. I'm by no means certain that Stark's is the single best way to go, but I think it's at least a promising idea.
Starks is meant to compliment other offensive items. It isn't an offensive item, and putting it as the 'sole offensive item' in a build is silly. Get a bloodthirster, or call a spade a spade and go full support tank.

edit - not even touching on your comments on creeping death, go play the game some

Joru

02-27-2010

Yeah, it didn't occur to me that Creeping Death could be cast on minions for whatever reason. I've been seeing people do it lately and it's a lot more effective than I realized.

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

I think Siphon is much better to level than Creeping Death. Creeping doesnt last long enough to get many last hits on creeps, especially if you use it on a creep that dies shortly after. There have been many times when i cast it on a friendly minion, and it dies before the buff even reaches him because it moves so slow, total waste.

Siphon is very spammable and can completely fill you shield with one cast if used on enough minions. It does good damage for harassing and can save your life if you use it on creeps when being chased. Its range makes it much more effective than Mace, which i usually level last after getting one rank as my third skill.

As far as items go, im still working on a good build, but yours sounds very good. Ive had decent success starting with rejuv bead and hp pots, then getting emblem, boots, starks, treads, then start Frozen. Starks helps for jungling and staying in lane, and increased attack speed helps last hitting creeps, but not having damage can be a problem.

zarthforums

02-27-2010

Decent guide. The item build looks like you're confused; you're trying to put too much into 1 build and need to make several builds instead of 1 that's trying to fit everything. Cleaver and bloodrazors aren't actually good on morde, his attack speed sucks hard. Mallet, Warmogs, 2x, bloodthirsters, and boots. Only choose 1 between bv and force for mresist or thorn/guardian for melee. Quicksilver sash is a meh item. If you're really worried about disables, you should have cleanse in your arsenal anyways.

Sunfire isn't viable for a dps build since 2x bloodthirsters with mace of spades does plenty of aoe with his other skills. Don't get me wrong, I've seen plenty of sunfires on morde, but they were purely tank builds and needed the cloaks to help dps/farm.

Nice guide overall.

Vices

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchyStretch View Post
I think Siphon is much better to level than Creeping Death. Creeping doesnt last long enough to get many last hits on creeps, especially if you use it on a creep that dies shortly after. There have been many times when i cast it on a friendly minion, and it dies before the buff even reaches him because it moves so slow, total waste.

Siphon is very spammable and can completely fill you shield with one cast if used on enough minions. It does good damage for harassing and can save your life if you use it on creeps when being chased. Its range makes it much more effective than Mace, which i usually level last after getting one rank as my third skill.

As far as items go, im still working on a good build, but yours sounds very good. Ive had decent success starting with rejuv bead and hp pots, then getting emblem, boots, starks, treads, then start Frozen. Starks helps for jungling and staying in lane, and increased attack speed helps last hitting creeps, but not having damage can be a problem.
creeping should really only be used when you're against two heroes that are good at controlling their lane... use it on the second melee creep as he's walking away so it hits as soon as he reaches the clump. he'll be second or third target and your shield will do full duration dmg. this is also a good trick for melee heroes that have got an advantage over you...

+siphon bursts and you'll regain control of a lane fast.. but really you shouldn't lose control in the first place. Mord is exceptional at controlling a lane, and he pairs well with everyone.

there is no question in my mind that regrowth should be first purchase.. flowed into boots of swiftness + warmogs first and foremost. this + flash will allow you to tower dive and get 3-4 kills before everyone starts venturing from their lanes.