Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide]Mordekaiser: Necromancy and You

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Disney World

02-25-2010

Hey guys, I would like to point people who are interested in Mordekaiser, or already playing him to the guide I have released on Leaguecraft. This guide is a work in progress and will have all the aesthetics added asap. The raw info is already there and I want to hear peoples opinions, suggestions, and tips.

Mordekaiser: Necromancy and You

http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/1171,Mordekaiser:%20Necromancy%20and%20You (http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/1171,%28WIP%29+Mordekaiser%3A+Necromancy+and+You+)

02-26-2010

lol heres another http://www.xfire.com/communities/twistedmetalgaming/forums/196091/

Disney World

02-26-2010

wow... that's just low if you feel the need to post your guide without any criticism or suggestions of the original post just so that you can spread the word of your guide. That should make it clear to everyone that your just a low-life that just wants to feel needed.

Edit: I just wanted to add in my request to all the viewers of my guide that you throw a comment or if you have a question to ask. I'll check this forum as well as my guide as much as possible to chip in on any discussions or answer anything people ask.

Vices

02-26-2010

Quote:
Talari:
wow... that's just low if you feel the need to post your guide without any criticism or suggestions of the original post just so that you can spread the word of your guide. That should make it clear to everyone that your just a low-life that just wants to feel needed.

Edit: I just wanted to add in my request to all the viewers of my guide that you throw a comment or if you have a question to ask. I'll check this forum as well as my guide as much as possible to chip in on any discussions or answer anything people ask.

I gotta say, it's a little bit like someone promoting their website by posting a link to their guide... all while we have perfectly good resources here

Dazmen

02-26-2010

Quote:
T0ggle:
lol heres another http://www.xfire.com/communities/twistedmetalgaming/forums/196091/

This isn't a thread about your guide....It is about the OP's guide and you offered nothing constructive towards this thread. Have some dignity.

To the OP: I have yet to unlock mord (Runes have been eating my IP T.T) But i will try your guide out when i unlock him and try to give some feedback.

Joru

02-26-2010

Let's try not to feed the troll, guys.

Anyway, this item build makes a lot more sense to me conceptually than most of the others I've seen. Most people, for whatever reason, seem to stack mitigation in all six slots and pretend that they aren't going to be ignored.

Some comments:

First, skills. You're crazy for levelling Creeping Death before Siphon of Destruction. Farming-wise, Siphon serves the exact same purpose except it's many times easier and safer to use. You'll farm better, you'll harass better, your shield will stay higher...it should be first priority, no contest. Whether Mace or Creeping Death should be maxed second is up in the air.

In the item build, do you not feel a strain on your health from all your ability spam with no regen apart from your starting Doran's Shield until after the Frozen Mallet is finished? All those 50s and 60s add up, and 8 HP/5 seems like it's not going to cut it. And the Brutalizer is just making things worse...it might be a good item on him, but getting it so early means you have to either not take advantage of the cooldown reduction or kill yourself trying to. Getting at least the Vampiric Scepter early would probably help.

Personally, one idea I've toyed with in my head is starting with a Rejuvenation Bead and however many potions and then building it into an Emblem of Valor as early as possible for a nice amount of both HP/5 and lifesteal, building it into Stark's whenever. I know damage is generally better on him than attack speed, but cheap individual components, 30 HP/5, and 20% lifesteal are all great to have early, both the attack speed and armor penetration will benefit your ghost when the time comes (even though those stats usually can't), and your whole team gets a nice aura.

I'm not sure if I like the Quicksilver Sash on him all that much. It's a lot of gold to spend for someone so farm-dependent, especially when you have the option of just taking Cleanse. I've never really tried it, though, so there's probably merit to it in the right situation.

Also, I get why Banshee's Veil as a whole could be a good choice even with the wasted mana, but why rush an early catalyst? It seems like it'd be better to start with the Ruby Crystal and magic resistance and try to finish it directly from there rather than waste like 900 gold just so you can sit on a bunch useless mana for ten levels.

Vices

02-26-2010

Quote:
Joru:
Let's try not to feed the troll, guys.

Anyway, this item build makes a lot more sense to me conceptually than most of the others I've seen. Most people, for whatever reason, seem to stack mitigation in all six slots and pretend that they aren't going to be ignored.

Some comments:

First, skills. You're crazy for levelling Creeping Death before Siphon of Destruction. Farming-wise, Siphon serves the exact same purpose except it's many times easier and safer to use. You'll farm better, you'll harass better, your shield will stay higher...it should be first priority, no contest. Whether Mace or Creeping Death should be maxed second is up in the air.

In the item build, do you not feel a strain on your health from all your ability spam with no regen apart from your starting Doran's Shield until after the Frozen Mallet is finished? All those 50s and 60s add up, and 8 HP/5 seems like it's not going to cut it. And the Brutalizer is just making things worse...it might be a good item on him, but getting it so early means you have to either not take advantage of the cooldown reduction or kill yourself trying to. Getting at least the Vampiric Scepter early would probably help.

Personally, one idea I've toyed with in my head is starting with a Rejuvenation Bead and however many potions and then building it into an Emblem of Valor as early as possible for a nice amount of both HP/5 and lifesteal, building it into Stark's whenever. I know damage is generally better on him than attack speed, but cheap individual components, 30 HP/5, and 20% lifesteal are all great to have early, both the attack speed and armor penetration will benefit your ghost when the time comes (even though those stats usually can't), and your whole team gets a nice aura.

I'm not sure if I like the Quicksilver Sash on him all that much. It's a lot of gold to spend for someone so farm-dependent, especially when you have the option of just taking Cleanse. I've never really tried it, though, so there's probably merit to it in the right situation.

Also, I get why Banshee's Veil as a whole could be a good choice even with the wasted mana, but why rush an early catalyst? It seems like it'd be better to start with the Ruby Crystal and magic resistance and try to finish it directly from there rather than waste like 900 gold just so you can sit on a bunch useless mana for ten levels.

Creeping death is better for farming early... Use it on creeps and cash in, nothing is safer to build shield and make money, not even siphon. Mace only if you're ganking. Scepter return isn't enough to stay above your consumption.

Starks is good, but not early, again because the lifesteal isn't significant enough. Buy a regrowth and hold onto it for a mid game warmog

ps - you guys are seriously too touchy, what better way to add to a discussion on Mord than a guide? It's not like we're all part of some collective trying to shape this particular guide into the ultimate resource, there are other opinions out there.

Joru

02-26-2010

Quote:
Lumarin:
Creeping death is better for farming early... Use it on creeps and cash in, nothing is safer to build shield and make money, not even siphon. Mace only if you're ganking. Scepter return isn't enough to stay above your consumption.

Starks is good, but not early, again because the lifesteal isn't significant enough. Buy a regrowth and hold onto it for a mid game warmog

To farm with Creeping Death, you have to run up right next to the creeps and then just stand there while you wait for it to work. You're unlikely to hit more than three at once, you're putting yourself in a position where you're easy to harass, and the harassment will probably outpace the shield's gradual growth. Siphon can be cast from a safe distance, can be positioned to hit almost all of the creeps, and provides more shield power all in one big burst to protect you entirely from any incoming hit. It's also functional at every level...Creeping Death is terrible until the last couple of levels when the damage and uptime have finally climbed to a respectable position.

And the Stark's is as much or more for the 30 HP/5 as for the lifesteal. That's a lot of regen, and it's the only offensively-oriented item that has it. I often worry that with both a Frozen Mallet and a Warmog's, you wind up with too much health and not enough damage. I'm by no means certain that Stark's is the single best way to go, but I think it's at least a promising idea.

Hikaratu

02-26-2010

Joru you dip, you can cast creeping death on things OTHER than yourself, aka the creeps, which is exactly what he says to do which is perfectly safe.

@the OP, in your masteries (I haven't palyed mord so IDK) but unless all of his spells are 100% physical damage you'll get much better returns from your masteries if you drop 1 point in brute force and put it into archaic knowledge. Heck drop two and put the other point in the last point of alacrity, which will also give better dps returns. Brute force is balls, if all his stuff is phys and/or unmitigateable though 2/3 in it is still fine since archaic wouldn't do anything in that case. Definately 1% attack speed will end up as a higher dps boost than +1 AD

Fbsunny

02-26-2010

I agree, Archaic knowledge is by far the most important talent in the offensive tree for almost all champions, and in this case it is definitely one of the more important ones since at least 2 of your spells do magic damage, not sure about ult(pure?) or mace(physical?).