Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Some help with Anivia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jensuh

02-26-2010

I really want to play this hero but by the time I get the IP I need to unlock her, she'll probably be free for a week anyway. Everytime I get killed by this hero I usually go WTF?! because I don't know how her skills work That being said, you can probably abuse that factor when playing against people who haven't been able to try or play her.

Lyrre

02-26-2010

Quote:
Jensuh:
I really want to play this hero but by the time I get the IP I need to unlock her, she'll probably be free for a week anyway. Everytime I get killed by this hero I usually go WTF?! because I don't know how her skills work That being said, you can probably abuse that factor when playing against people who haven't been able to try or play her.

That's definitely true about her passive ability, a lot of ppl will chase me past a tower to get the killing blow, just to die to the tower while im an egg, lolol

Le Shirrif

02-27-2010

I main anivia, 3:1 KD.

I usually take solo mid.

Here is my item build;

Start with Red Crystal>Catalyst
Boots of Speed
Chalice
Boots of Speed > Sorcerers Shoes
Catalyst > Rod of Ages

From here I usually get another Rod, then Rylais for the health. This turns me into a spellcaster with buckets of health and mana.

Skills;
1 Rank in FF, then go

Glacial>Frostbite>FF>Glacial Storm

dovvntempo

02-27-2010

3) tips and tricks

well what I'm going to ramble on about I believe is more strategy than a trick.

if you are playing against people who are ignorant of anivia's range, spells, or incredible burst then you don't need to do too much to be successful with her besides execute her basic combo. It's simply a matter of harassing them with auto-attacks, getting them at a low hp, and then executing the combo again to finish them off. In this respect, I believe she's very similar to annie early game.

However, smart players will stay at a good range from you and this will give them a much large time window to move to the left or right. Remember that while your range of flash frost is great, you are concerned about getting into range so that you can unleash your flash frost + frostbite combo ( will be referred to as Q + E from now on). Whenever you are not in that range, you can harass with auto attacks. Whenever you are in range.... position yourself wisely to close in immediately after launching Q (this means making sure no minions are in the way).

The first step in learning how to play anivia effectively (which is just about controlling / manipulating range) is to know where the enemy will move to next. If you know this, landing flash frost is a piece of cake. Say you are solo mid against a teemo or what have you. Use your auto attack range to your advantage and harass from a safe distance, as he's looking to close the distance on you IMMEDIATELY to land a nice, fat blinding dart on you for major hurt. Don't be directly behind your minions... be off to the side. If he is off to the side as well you can land those hits and get his life lower. As you want to dodge his blinding darts, he wants to dodge your Q's. So if he goes back toward his tower at an angle ( and you have positioned yourself to the side of your minions) you can launch flash frost to where you KNOW where he will run to.

This is the key to landing Q in early game... as most people with half a brain can see it coming a mile away. Be close... but not too close, and use positioning and awareness of the enemy's movement patterns to anticipate in what direction he/she will go.

After you land that Q + E, never forget to auto attack + move. Don't just attack and keep your position. Move closer after the first hit so that your running enemy is still in range. (and they will be running... few champions can outburst anivia early game).

Use W to block someone off so that they have to move in a certain direction in order to get to safety. And then... you know it: Q where they will run off to. I am still learning how to use W in order to effectively land Q's... and am planning to take my anivia game to the next level with it... someday. But W's (walls) are key to playing anivia effectively in team fights.

Anyway, the last thing is a habit / trick of mine in team fights. After R + Q + E, block their escape with a W. They will have to move to the left or the right through R for even longer, taking extra damage. Remember, you want to maximize damage, you are all about it. But until you get fed or have mejai stacks, you are looking to use every **** trick in the book to maximize damage on a single target, and this includes auto-attacking after the above combo for even more damage.

as you play more and more anivia, learn every little trick. Timing walls for maximum range, shoving melee enemies off of a fleeing ally, flash frost through walls, and most importantly... learn how to CROWD CONTROL.

I say this in caps because if you utilize all 3 of her skills effectively in a team fight, she can literally do this. Stun that one carry with Q, block pursuers with wall, slow down any fleeing champions with storm.... yadda yadda yadda