Some help with Anivia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kguy528

02-25-2010

Hey guys, this is my first time posting on the LoL forums and I really need some help here. That double IP weekend that ended recently really helped me out saving enough for a 6k hero and I've bought Anivia. Unfortunately, I'm not very good with her. Any Anivia players here willing to answer some questions? Thanks in advance.

1. Is there a better item build? And if so, what exactly are the items and why? (I've been using the recommended items, but I find its not doing so well...)

2. Would you say Ignite would be good for Anivia? A lot of people I have almost killed kept getting away. I currently use Ghost and Heal and I have the mastery points to improve both of those abilities.

3. Can you share any other Anivia-specific tips/tricks you have?

Joru

02-25-2010

One thing that I think bumped my own performance with Anivia up a notch is taking Clarity as one of my summoner spells (with the other one usually being Flash). It gives you an infinite amount of mana to harass with early-game and makes it a lot easier to get kills during the laning phase, and then you can take that extra gold and put it into more AP without needing to worry much about regen. Otherwise you have to buy a Tear of the Goddess early and it sort of slows your whole progression down.

Also, what's your general spell rotation in teamfights? Ideally, you usually want to open up with Glacial Storm into a Frostbite, wait a second or two (throwing a wall and turning off Glacial Storm whenever; it varies a lot), then throw Flash Frost and use its chill to get off your next Frostbite. I used to try to open with Flash Frost when I was new, but that's not usually a good idea past the early laning phase.

kguy528

02-25-2010

I usually try to hit a flash frost then ulti and frostbite.

RHINO Mk II

02-25-2010

If you keep running out of mana, you can get a chalice. This is generally more cost effective if the other team has lots of casters (Veigar, Kassadin particularly) Try to get the golem buff as much as possible, it makes glacial storm actually viable other than something you throw down for a couple hundred extra damage.
To answer your questions more directly,
1) I like some of the recommended build, but not all of it. I typically go sapphire + pots into catalyst, then soulstealer and boots (replace the soulstealer with a chalice if youre having trouble making your mana count, or leave it out entirely if you want to get the Rod of ages sooner) then make my catalyst into a RoA, get Tear and make it an Archangels, then get some more magic penetration and finish with zhonyas if the game is lasting forever.
-Sapphire->catalyst->RoA
-boots of speed->sorcerer's shoes (usually)
-Chalice/Soulstealer (or skip)
-Tear->archangels
-Abyssal scepter/Void staff (the former if enemy team is around 80 resistance or less)
-Zhonyas

2) I don't really like ignite that much. To me, it seems like flash will give the the chance to hit for another few hundred damage to finish them off or run away. It's more versatile. I like to go with flash/teleport in order to have more map control. Also, flashing away when you're about to get egged is a great way to save yourself. Teleport is all around good. I usually use it to stay in the action after buying each set of items, it keeps me from missing much exp or kill opportunities unless I get harassed quite a bit. Also, late game it can let you catch up with the team during a push if you have to heal/buy.

3) My death combo is usually Storm, Wall, FB, wait 1/2 second, FF while they're slowed from storm, FB again while they're iced. In fact, you can even throw FB before storming if you have fast fingers, and the storm will chill them before FB hits. Remember to turn off storm or you will waste mana. You are a mana-intensive champion. Don't let your team steal the blue rune for, say, cho'gath. Sure, AP cho'gath might be sweet, but an Anivia who can storm everything in sight is a terror.

I suggest you read AFKush's guide to Anivia. It's pretty solid.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

You wasted 6.3k on Anivia, should of bought Easy to play Twitch.

RHINO Mk II

02-25-2010

If you're not going to help, go troll somewhere else please.

ChaosGopherSucks

02-25-2010

I would recommend reading a few guides. Here's one that should help:
http://www.leaguecraft.com/strategie...g+a+teamplayer

Also, some additional tricks:
you're a great harasser at the beginning. With your passive, play semi-aggressively and hit with Flash Frost + Frostbite. Most melee champs melt before you. When you get your ult, you become a lane machine as you should be able to defend your lanes very well and farm minions quickly.

Learn to Flash Frost and Crystallize. I cannot stress how important it is to be able to aim Flash Frost effectively, ideally chilling the target (as the projectile goes through them) and then exploding it behind them to stun them as well. Learn to use Crystallize to help split up enemy team members in a team fight, help your team escape a fight they're about to lose, and trap enemies trying to escape. Practice, practice, practice until you can Flash Frost without thinking.

I'm not an Anivia pro so I would recommend you reading the guide before listening to me. But if it makes you feel better, you made the right deal.

Anivia>Twitch

She might be harder to play, but her utilities are so much better and she is much more useful in a teamfight. Oh, and did I mention she doesn't break like glass? :P

Lupa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-25-2010

I recommend taking Clarity + Flash or Ignite. It solves most of my mana problems.

TGF Keun

Friend of Urf

02-25-2010

I don't know, I think Anivia does have mana problems (especially if you forget to toggle off your glacial storm). However, for summoner spells I have been going really aggressive with her. I used to take clarity with either, ignite, flash, or teleport, depending on how I wanted to play.

But lately I have been trying flash and ignite together, and it has worked out pretty well so far in solo mid. Um mana isn't really much of a problem in the laning phase if you pick your hits carefully.

Starting items are usually situational for me. Solo mid I got Doran's Ring with either a hp or mp pot depending on who I think will solo against me. Top or bot lane I usually go sapphire crystal with two hp pots or ruby crystal, again depending on who I think is going to lane on me.

Um I only get Mejai's situationally, i.e. not dying. I rush RoA, depending on how well I am doing I usually get it by 15 to 18 min. Again very situational. Boots are always a necessity, but I have been going mobility for some time now. I haven't used situational boots like merc treads in a while. Tears into Archangel's is great, or another RoA if you got fed. Again situational. Lich Bane late game is great, and Zhonya's is last but again you probably own't reach that far.

This is just what I have been using lately for Anivia. It isn't the greatest shiznit, I am still learning so much with her, since she is a very hard character to master. I have more losses than wins with Anivia, but my kill count is twice my death count, and my assist count is 3 times my death count. So just a bunch of bad pairings all in all.

There is so much to practice with her. Harassing, timing, placements, flash, Ionno just keep practicing and don't give up on her. You will see results.
Just remember that your wall can extend your vision and you can see into bushes. Your flash frost can deal twice the damage if you detonate it by pressing the skill again past an opponent. Remember in close combat its easier to use glacial storm, fb, and then toggle off; rather than having to go ff into fb.

Try to not waste your egg, cuz those 5 minutes its gone is usually when your deaths start coming up. So no more mejai's. So when you might need your egg should be a situation that is worth it.

Wall placement is hard as helll.... -.- Just practice with it, lol I am so noob at wall placing. Wall placing is great at separating teams, saving your ass, having further vision, saving your teammate, or trapping an opponent. Wall + jungle = ownage

Just don't get discouraged if people give you **** for sucking with her. Good luck!

Edit: Didn't see your item build question.

1. RoA - why? Because it gives you more health and mana and it gets stronger in 15 minutes. More health = better for your egg, more mana = more ownage, more ap too. Like I said I have gotten two before, one at 15 and one at 20 min, but that is because I got fed.

2. Boots of Mobility = because you are really slow at getting around. Your speed isn't a problem in battles, its getting to the battle that is the problem.

3. Archangels = Because articuno needs mana, lots of mana. this gives you more mana and also more ap because of more mana. more mana plus more ap because of mana = glacial storm stayin on longer = more ownage.

4. mejais = situational you know, lol more ap?

5. Lich Bane = because your tower killing power sux. Late game item, helps you dish out more damage. The magic resist is great, extra movement speed is even better. Its unique is awesome cuz your auto attack has great range.

6. Banshee's Viel = when going up against ***** ass nukers.

7. Zhonya's = if the game drags on.

8. Sunfires = if the team needs a tank, anivia is a viable tank because of her passive.

Lyrre

02-26-2010

After buying Anivia, she's all I use now and so far I've been pretty successful, an average game for me is somewhere around 8-10 kills and almost always 0 deaths,with 10+ assists. Shes a BEAST at all times of the game because she has so much utility as well as damage, I can't tell you how many times I nuke someone to death from full hp cuz they got cocky (happens to Ryze a lot this week, new ppl playing him thinkin hes OP). Biggest trick to anivia in my opinion is flash frost, learning how to detonate and aim that thing,but that comes with practice, hell, even practicing it against bots would work. I like to use clarity and teleport usually since I like playing really aggressive early game, harrassing with FF/frostbite, and I usually get first blood. If ur new with anivia tho I would say don't solo, lane up with someone who can slow or stun and you'll get some fun kills.
My combo is usually: glacial storm to open, then frostbite, FF, frostbite again
RoA is my fav item to get first (except for boots if im getting targeted) then ill usually stack AP since i have clarity (with insight too so i can give my whole team mana, very helpful when pushing towers)

Anivia is amazing when u get used to her, but it takes a few games, once you get her tho, she wrecks, I rarely die with her but always get tons of kills n assists. And that wall is just way too fun, ive used it to block enemies from pushing towers, block enemies from defending their towers, etc.