Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Troubleshoot - Windows Vista and Windows 7 users

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

curtdragon

09-10-2009

Had an issue with Win 7 32 bit. It worked after I used XP SP2 compatability

Jaxian

Recruiter

09-11-2009

I'm always a bit wary of warnings presented without any explanation. I installed it in the default location and it seems to work fine for me. And I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work fine if installed in the Program Files folder. I suspected at first that it might have something to do with Air, but I didn't see anything online warning against installing Air or Air apps into the Program Files folder.

gruof01

09-11-2009

In Vista and Windows 7 the Program Files directory has restrictive permissions placed on it by the OS. Because of this putting a game there that must download and patch itself doesn't work properly.

This article is a bit out of date, but it briefly describes some of the problems faced by an application that must patch itself frequently: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb530199.aspx

Technicrat

09-20-2009

Im having pretty much the same problem as everyone else on here....i install the game, no matter how i run the launcher it wont do anything...just shows everything as if its loading, cant click anything...no errors and the window closes after a little while....i have vista 64x. any ideas? iv tried reinstalling as well as everything else on the forums....getting pretty frustrated tryin to get this game working for 6+ hours now...help would be appreciated.

Sithray

09-22-2009

I hope you guys already figured this out, but all games that access the internet and are running on Vista or Win 7 need to be installed in the "Users>Public>Games" directory on your PC. If there isn't one there yet, you can create it manually. (The path should be C:\Users\Public\Games)

As was already mentioned most default folders in Vista and 7 have high port access restrictions on them, so games with patch or matching servers you connect to will have problems. Typical symptoms are having the client hang. This is a result of never being able to find where it is trying to connect to.

Soten

09-23-2009

I have tried everything to get this game to work on my computer. It will give me a vista error and crash the interface at login screen. I've redownloaded and reinstalled in multiple areas and still nothing. I guess I'll have to wait until the release to see if it is fixed. HoN works flawless so I guess that is my only option at this time, really wanted to play this more.

scarzen

09-24-2009

Having the same problem; using Win7 ultimate retail on a laptop
launch window tries to connect then just freezes and closes down
tried disconnecting internet run program; doesn't freeze and launcher runs but of course can't update.. tried everything stated above; no go
any advice?

curtdragon

09-27-2009

I've had an issue with it running after installing and downloading patch. What you need to do is set the compatibility to Windows XP SP2 or SP3. I'm running WIn 7 Ultimate and installed in default location

reapermaster

09-30-2009

I run win7 ult x64 without a single issue.

Insure that you dont have it installed in the program files folder

Other unique things I have done
Disabled UAC
Disabled Windows firewall
Disabled IE 8 Phishing filter.

Naltharial

10-03-2009

Hmn, I put it in a Win7 default clean install Program Files and everything works fine. I suppose it's just luck.