Troubleshoot - Windows Vista and Windows 7 users

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hyperhavoc5

03-18-2011

Runntlaaan- I don't know what the Simpson's Hit and Run has to do with LoL....

Twisted Genius

03-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
When installing League of Legends on Windows Vista or Windows 7 do not install Riot Games in the Program Files directory. Choosing the default directory or any other non-Program Files directory should work fine.

Also make sure you have the latest Windows service packs installed.
I am using Win7 Home Premium 64-bit. When I typed my username and password into their boxes and clicked "log in" this message showed up. "Connection Error: Connection Failure: could not connect to PVP.net server." PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY COMPUTER PROBLEMS! I'VE DONE EVERYTHING I COULD THINK OF (reinstall LoL and Adobe AIR; run as administrator; put LoL in a new, public folder) AND NOTHING IS FIXING THIS PROBLEM! PLEASE HELP ME!

Fushingua

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2011

Well, my program crashes. It leads to blue screens of death. I tried everything you tried, Twisted. I also tried installing as an admin, updating my drivers, checking for the latest version of direct x, running in safe mode, updating my bios version, switching out my video card, monitor, sound card, and speakers, applying all the latest Win 7 updates, reformatting and re-updating, de-striping my harddrives, reformating, and re-updating, installing beta versions of IE, changing my default browsers, applying Black Viper "safe" registry settings and system tweaks, .... I even tried lucky week-old socks, the sacrificing of a small lamb, wearing a bra on my head, exchanging soiled panties with my girlfriend, and re-reading several of my favorite fantasy novels (not that I'd imagined that would help).... Dude, I ran out of s*it to do. Bug reports are meriting no response. Maybe I can reverse engineer the program and figure out what's wrong? LOL... if you aren't going to send us source code, could you please submit a patch and help?

Ampharel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2011

Could you see if it also happens when you use this link:
http://76.73.13.30/Files/League%20of...%20Patcher.rar

Twisted Genius

04-01-2011

I'm not a computer guru so if someone could walk me through a process to fix my above problem that would be appriciated.

Lumax23

08-08-2011

When it's downloading patchs my pc restart :/

How To Be A God

04-05-2012

not a computer person how do we download non-program directory?

How To Be A God

04-05-2012

nvm but ampharel ur sites not working

death5687

07-24-2012

when i try to play league my computer either blue screens or league crashes and wont open unless i restart. sometimes league works and i can play but crashes are getting more frequent.

sebastian2

01-18-2014

is the best games