Troubleshoot - Windows Vista and Windows 7 users

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

08-25-2009
1 of 3 Riot Posts

When installing League of Legends on Windows Vista or Windows 7 do not install Riot Games in the Program Files directory. Choosing the default directory or any other non-Program Files directory should work fine.

Also make sure you have the latest Windows service packs installed.

FrenziedHawk

08-25-2009

Wew! I read that just in time.

whoreofthemedia

08-25-2009

yea what if it still doesn't work? i installed it to a desktop folder and it still does the crash multiple times and an inability to click on either 'play' 'logs' 'options' or the minimize exit or restore buttons. i have:

AMD turion 64 mobile technology ml-34 1.8 Ghz
2.0 GB ram
with vista 32 bit

also at one point it displayed the IE error message "inability to display page" as if the program was an web site. i have updated all drivers and windows updates and i am at a loss as to what is going on.

Zikk

08-26-2009

Try to start with Windows XP SP3 compatibility. It works for me. It seems to doesnt working few seconds but then it start correct.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
AMD Phenom X4 905e
ATI HD4890
4GB ram

DjwcCU4OA1cjDART

08-26-2009

just got beta invite today. downloaded the installer. installed the game not in program files folder. when i run the game, patcher shows up and in a few secs it crashes and disappears without any error message. i have vista 64 ultimate

Husbane

08-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
When installing League of Legends on Windows Vista or Windows 7 do not install Riot Games in the Program Files folder. Choose another directory to install the game in.

Also make sure you have the latest Windows service packs installed.
Installed it in the default location yesterday on my wifes new laptop, without any issues... may I ask why we shouldn't? Should I reinstall?

J

DesuEagle

08-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****ofthemedia View Post

also at one point it displayed the IE error message "inability to display page" as if the program was an web site. i have updated all drivers and windows updates and i am at a loss as to what is going on.
Have the same problem. Chance of this bug is about 90% for me. Need to launch it many times to make it work right.

Nythron

08-26-2009

donīt know if this is the right thread for my problem, but iīll try
just got my beta licence yesterday and downloaded the game a few minutes ago. i started the game and it was trying to patch itself, but it canīt connect to the network? is there anything I have a special look at?
the server-status-page says, the servers are ONLINE!
Hope, s.o. can help me, would love to try this game this evening

EDIT: okay, I reinstalled it and now it works

DrUnKeN 3Lf

08-26-2009

I have windows vista and the installer freezes whenever it gets to 99%. I have try installing it three times already and I have never done it to the programs folder. I really don't have any idea. Whenever I go to the file directory of where it is suppose to be installing to while it is installing, nothing is there. Someone help I want to play this game so badly....

Socrates

08-26-2009

I did install it on my programs X86 folder but o cant locate the LoL folder but i can play it ?? whats going on?

12345 ... 10