ShouldClairvoyance reveal invisible?

Yes 79 84.95%
No 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Upgrade Clairvoyance Mastery to reveal stealth

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Melphys

03-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas View Post
I don't think Clairvoyance needs a buff, the reason it's not picked lies with the the players. Having at least one Clairvoyance can be a huge advantage for most teams.
CV is amazing as it is right now.

If it revealed invis champions, twitch, eve, shaco would become useless in teamfights

You can already buy wards and oracles for 150/400 gold, that's a really small price to pay to completely counter 1 champions.

-------------------------------------------
CV history:

first CV during beta: it placed a ward, you could keep 2-3 up at a time, revealed invis

2nd CV: nerfed to being able to only summon 1 ward at a time, and the mastery revealed invis

3rd CV: I don't exactly remember this one but I think they made the ward from CV reveal invis units for 30seconds or so, and the ward stayed there for 3min

4th CV: the one we all know right now

I might be wrong with those statements as it's been quite a while, but I wanted to give you the background to help you see why it doesn't reveal invis anymore.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaR2LaTe

03-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melphys View Post
CV is amazing as it is right now.

If it revealed invis champions, twitch, eve, shaco would become useless in teamfights

You can already buy wards and oracles for 150/400 gold, that's a really small price to pay to completely counter 1 champions.

CV history:

first CV during beta: it placed a ward, you could keep 2-3 up at a time, revealed invis

2nd CV: nerfed to being able to only summon 1 ward at a time, and the mastery revealed invis

3rd CV: I don't exactly remember this one but I think they made the ward from CV reveal invis units for 30seconds or so, and the ward stayed there for 3min

4th CV: the one we all know right now

I might be wrong with those statements as it's been quite a while, but I wanted to give you the background to help you see why it doesn't reveal invis anymore.
when they nerfed the clair into an AOE spell instead of a ward they should of just left it reveal invis. that would only only allow for about 5 seconds of time to react and chase because the ability only last for 6 seconds and most times you arent standing right next to them when they go invis to run, would anyone else agree here? on top of this disadvantage only being a short AOE, the spell itself makes you more vulnerable to ganks(no flash / exhaust). i wouldnt mind the cooldown being extended if it revealed invis.

edit: also it doesnt make invis abilities usless. they are still great for initiating ganks / rushes. i personally wouldnt waste my clair if i didnt know there was an invis champion close. it just doesnt last long enough.. i mean 6 sec come on?