what makes ryze different from renekton and irelia?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SupremeDeity

05-05-2011

Because Banshee's + Frozen Heart on incredibly low base stats = unkillable.

ninjaipod

05-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7gatlas View Post
There's a good reason they changed ryze away from ap scalling. His ult + his e would bsaically melt a team. Was also really funny if they were all waiting in a bush where you had a ward. That was always an instant pentakill.
lolwut? they changed him because he was worthless compared to other nukers.

Benjiboy87

05-10-2011

Being somebody who regularly plays Ryze, I'll share what tends to hurt my gameplay most.

1) A decent ranged ad harrasser. Stick me in a lane against a decent ashe or cait, and unless I have a beast like rumble to tank for me, I get denied minions.

2) A tanky dps standing in front of that ranged harrass. I can't possibly get close to the ranger because the melee guy will squish my, and I can't harrass him much because if I stop moving the ranger gets me.

3) The classic, a stun or silence. Can't do much if you can't cast as a mage.

4) A half-decent ganker/jungler. All it takes is one missed MIA call or the fact that you were in a bush that hadn't been warded, and half a second later I'm dead.

5) Not being stupid. You wouldn't believe the number of kills I get because some yayhoo with 400 hp left at lvl 6 decided to step away from the turret and into my casting range. This general principle applies against pretty much all mages; if you're low, stay out of range.

6) Magic Resist. Notice that the mage is dropping your HP a little too fast? Upset that as a ranger carry the nuke is nuking you? Build a Banshee's Veil. Sure, I'm going to use my first Q to drop your shield and then back off looking for an opening, but the MR still reduces my damage by about 25%. That's plenty enough for you to muster a stun and bring in an assassin.

While yes, the change to mana building instead of AP building made Ryze able to build some tankish items, in the end he is still fairly squishy unless he was specifically built to be a tank. If you play smart and focus him quick in team fights, he's not that rough.

EDIT: Additionally, most people who play Ryze suck at it. You wouldn't believe how many I've played against with full mana runes who still drop to me because they simply don't know how to position and harrass effectively.

Benjiboy87

05-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaipod View Post
lolwut? they changed him because he was worthless compared to other nukers.
No, I'm pretty sure I was able to go legendary much more easily before the switch to mana than after. Now Ryze has to harrass before he engages instead of just running up, nuking, and slinking away.

SlimJimm13

05-11-2011

Are you sure it's Ryze you're talking about? He's actually quite squishy if you ask me. I play kassadin, so Ryze being a caster becomes my ideal prey in any confrontation. I just silence him and burst him to the ground.

He only has 1 rune prison, so he can only trap one person. That's his only escape. Unless he builds defensively, which if he does then he'll do negligable damage. If you ask me Ryze is just impossible to build efficiently.

He doesn't specialize in burst like most casters, he doesn't have a good escape like dps casters such as cassiopeia or karthus. When I see a Ryze, he's either hiding amongst his team mates or alone and dead while I silently rift away. =)

Booterang

05-12-2011

It's his Items not his skillset that makes him tanky. Hes pretty darn squishy till he gets his core build going.

Redenbacher

05-12-2011

At least 73 people think glass cannon is viable, and refuse to build HP and/or MR.

MisterYi of Wuju

05-13-2011

I agree