[GUIDE] Mordekaiser - Smooth Up In Ya

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sleepyhallow

02-25-2010

ok problem im haven with morde is that he has the same natural life as shaco does. but i also found that because he doesnt have any slows or stuns he doesnt make that good of a tank... but not enough life to be a dps. i never realy thought of going ap dmg. but then again wouldnt that just be maken a weaker karthus? and i havent realy found a use for his ulty .... at all. 3% of life left isnt realty squat if ur trying to kill them and the ghost dies in one hit so it doesnt realy make any kind of diffrence iv found.

so far iv found him to be a mix of shaco (nat life/ dmg) mundo (skills cost health) and karthus (aoe out the back end)

any one agree or am i just retarted

iv tried a pure lifesteal build but it didnt work out for me to well i grab health regen pendent first then berserker greaves malady execute blade blood thirst from there i went and got frozen mallet then phantom. i used my mace of spades to bring up shield so i could regen life but nunu and poppy still beat the **** outa me. from what iv found he gonna be a mid hero a little of everything 2ndary tank dps and a little bit of casting when there trying to run away. but then again dont they already have a hero like that..... sion and he does a better job of it cuz he can heal for 25% of his dmg in teamfights and he has a stun plus his shield when he needs to gain a little life back not to mention the huge dmg diffrence to pretty much any hero. so is morde realy the person to pick when u can just grab a better one? only thing morde is better at is farming and lane pushing..... witch late game u can take a tower down in about 10 sec so is there a pain to lain pushing that much.

Goride

02-25-2010

I'm over the life steal idea, for now anyway.

This is my favorite way to play:

Skills:
e
w
e
w
q
r
then after that, r > e > w > q, whenever one is available in that order.

Items:
start = rejuvination bead+ 3 hp pots
finish spirit visage
boots of speed
warmogs
then if they are heavy magic and CC then go mercs here
otherwise go rylai's scepter then boots.
boots = mercs/ninja tabi/boots of swiftness depending on situation (usually mercs/tabi)

At this point, the game should be wrapping up. If not, get whatever you feel like. I would go with resists/regen. Maybe guardian angel, force of nature, sunfire cape, thornmail, abyssal scepter, banshees, etc.

EDIT:

Oh and you should be somewhat aggressive in the the beginning laning phases. But don't get out of control. I tried to shield up, then tower dive with ult and ignite. It can work, but it can also screw you over. That tactic will snow ball either way. I just made that mistake and lost the game because of that. Be aggressive... but only take what they give you. Don't try to take too much.

Playing aggressively usually rewards Mordekaiser. But overly aggressive will kill you.

Joru

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khranz View Post
You will be focus fired, which is what you want.
Why? Why would you be focus fired? Your personal damage is negligible and you don't alter the flow of a fight in any particularly significant way, not having the disables that tanks like Alistar or Cho'gath do. The only reason the enemy cares if you're alive or dead is because your ghost will be doing good damage if you got one from a suitable target. But if you go for a pure tank build like this one, they'll never kill you before Children of the Grave has done its work, and even if they get close, you can just turn around and exit the fight entirely, leaving the ghost behind to fight on its own. A good team will know this and just not bother attacking you, denying you the Children of the Grave assist with cleanses or escape mechanisms if they can and maybe CCing the ghost, but otherwise pretending you aren't there and putting all that health and armor to waste.

That being the case, it seems like you might as well build for more damage and just play cautiously. If the ghost's damage is going to be your only real contribution, you might as well make the most of it by having a nice high damage stat for it to inherit, while being able to contribute decent personal damage when it's safe to do so. Besides, if you really want to draw damage away from your team, it's better to make it look like they can kill you with just a few tank items when they probably can't rather than making it obvious that attacking you is a waste of time.

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

This is a surprisingly good guide for a junior member making his first guide about a brand new hero, sorry if that sounded insulting its not supposed to.

Ive been wondering about ranking creeping death before MoS, Mace is a good damage ability but Creeping Death seems a little better, and Mace is really only good for an occasional whack. Siphon is definitely the first ability to max, though.

I dount know about rylais either, i think Frozen Mallet would be better, since his AP ratios arent great and the slow is more reliable on melee attacks rather than spells.

Helbrecht

02-25-2010

Awesome build! I had been trying AD builds similar to the game's recommended items list. I tried this build and just owned! Very fun to smash away while listening to some appropriate background music, Metallica!

Rock on Master of Metal!

Fosuke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2010

I think this is the appropriate song to listen to when playing him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ3emd3phLY

Weisun

02-25-2010

I have a question.
If you're going to get warmogs armor, wouldn't it be better to get it as early as possible so it can build up? If you build it really late, it seems that it loses so much potential.

private

02-25-2010

You can farm creeps so fast it hardly matters what time you get it. Sure the sooner you get it the sooner you will have the health, but you can easily farm it to max by spamming E/Q and sometimes W on creeps.

Lynxion

02-25-2010

Warmog's Armor
Ninja Tabi/ Mercury's Treads
Banshee's Veil
Force of Nature
Leviathan
Guardian Angel

In that Order is what I do.

Khranz

02-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joru View Post
Why? Why would you be focus fired? Your personal damage is negligible and you don't alter the flow of a fight in any particularly significant way, not having the disables that tanks like Alistar or Cho'gath do. The only reason the enemy cares if you're alive or dead is because your ghost will be doing good damage if you got one from a suitable target. But if you go for a pure tank build like this one, they'll never kill you before Children of the Grave has done its work, and even if they get close, you can just turn around and exit the fight entirely, leaving the ghost behind to fight on its own. A good team will know this and just not bother attacking you, denying you the Children of the Grave assist with cleanses or escape mechanisms if they can and maybe CCing the ghost, but otherwise pretending you aren't there and putting all that health and armor to waste.

That being the case, it seems like you might as well build for more damage and just play cautiously. If the ghost's damage is going to be your only real contribution, you might as well make the most of it by having a nice high damage stat for it to inherit, while being able to contribute decent personal damage when it's safe to do so. Besides, if you really want to draw damage away from your team, it's better to make it look like they can kill you with just a few tank items when they probably can't rather than making it obvious that attacking you is a waste of time.
Why? Because I have rarely, if ever, not gotten a Pet out of a team confrontation, and saying the pet is all you've got is kinda silly. Mordekaiser's awesomely short cooldowns make up for his lack of serious damage. I understand your concerns, and on ANY OTHER TANK I would absolutely be there with you, but Mordekaiser makes it work because he can stand in the thick of it and spam like crazy. If you go AD you will end up too squishy.

In addition, Children of the Grave is in essence a significant CC in and of itself. Combined with Ignite, many players will run FAR FAR AWAY in the event that Cleanse + Heals aren't doing the job. The idea of a player giving up the ghost (lol) to Mordekaiser's alt is a psychological advantage. Even if the target doesn't die, you've turned the fight into a 5v4 in your favor for 8 seconds, which is a LONG time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchyStretch View Post
This is a surprisingly good guide for a junior member making his first guide about a brand new hero, sorry if that sounded insulting its not supposed to.

Ive been wondering about ranking creeping death before MoS, Mace is a good damage ability but Creeping Death seems a little better, and Mace is really only good for an occasional whack. Siphon is definitely the first ability to max, though.

I dount know about rylais either, i think Frozen Mallet would be better, since his AP ratios arent great and the slow is more reliable on melee attacks rather than spells.
Thanks! No insult taken. I do rank Creeping Death before MoS and it works very well for me. In addition, keep in mind that many of Mordekaiser's abilities REAPPLY the snare over time. Creeping Death and Children of the Grave proc the 15% slow for the duration of their effects. This is why I prefer Rylai's over Frozen Mallet. In addition, when you consider the number of targets his abilities can hit, his AP ratios don't look QUITE as bad (though they don't compare to AoE AP ratios offered by other Champs, even Mundo's).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosuke View Post
I think this is the appropriate song to listen to when playing him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ3emd3phLY
THE D!!! YES!!!