Brand Tips & Tricks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnderPaidOrphan

04-12-2011

Just got done playing a game with Brand.

Quick Notes:

• Somewhat squishy early game, RoA really helps IMO.
  • No "escapability", unless you get a good stun off with your Q. Even then, only good for 1v1.
  • Mana is NOT an issue. I have 9 Mana Regen per level Seals and I have ZERO trouble with mana.
  • Spamming abilities seems to be the way to go, due to the above fact. Don't get too greedy, but I casually harrassed and had NO problems with mana.
  • Burst isn't too consistent, seeing as you have to really hit your entire combo. He is no "Pre-Remake" Ryze.
  • His Ult is relatively low CD (70 secs at level 1? not sure). Seems to be pretty "spammable" ult and obviously works well with 2 enemies close. I didn't really notice it that much however.
  • Best taunt in the game? Perhaps.
  • He is freakishly tall.

Build:
  1. Mana Crystal, 2 Health Pots
  2. Basic Boots, Start finishing RoA (Catalyst)
  3. Finish RoA, Magic Pen Boots
  4. Rylei's Sceptor, Wards/Elixers (if needed)
  5. Void Staff
  6. Game should be close to over, get some more Survive items or more AP. Your choice.

Overpowered? Underpowered?

Of course, it's WAAAAY too early to say.
His burst seems fairly balance, no different than Ryze or Annie.
However, his mana (in my opinion) seems way low for the amount of spells he can dish out. If he were to get a nerf, I would say it would be increased mana costs. Also, his passive damage over time seems pretty strong on some squishies, but they could have been really bad players with bad builds. So maybe a decrease in his DoT passive.

Obviously after only ONE game and being only the first week of release, no one has the right to deem him OP or UP. He SEEMS balanced for the time being.

This is just FIRST IMPRESSION.
I figure some people can't get onto servers or can't join games once logged in, so I figure maybe they could read up on some thoughts of Brand while they wait, and put in their $0.02.

Anyone else play him?
Any cool builds? Do people like Mejas' on him? Different boots?
Please give any constructive feedback and enjoy.

ClaytonJoo

04-12-2011

I tried early haunting guise, not bad. catalyst first tho

SuzumeStjohn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

I typically go for a tear and boots on casters asap. (Not always optimal, but I like to be able to spam spells with imputiny when I want to.)

I found a good combo for single target damage, go e->q->w. The bonus on E is useless if there is no one else around, and sets up well for the extra damage and stun from the other two spells.

Minion waves I go q e w, or just w e. Either works pretty well depending on how early/late in the game you are. (once you get enough ap just a w should do it.)

I only got to get in 1 practice game with him before servers went down, but so far loving his skills set. Only thing I don't particularly like is his ult, it just seems kinda 'meh'. It is a souped up version of ryze's spell, that speeds up if the targets are on fire, but doesn't go to more targets. I think if someone is on fire they shouldn't count towards the 4 target limit, would really make people have to spread out once you cast it and give it a bit more of a threat.

All in all a great caster, and I can't wait to see some higher elo guys stream him.

UnderPaidOrphan

04-12-2011

Good tips guys.

Are servers back up? I will be trying some of it out