Twitch - broken as hell.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Magres

02-24-2010

Just a disclaimer: This is obviously talking about pubs. I know and understand that Twitch is a PoS hero in high level play, and I don't really care. He's blatantly and horrendously overpowered in pubs, since people almost never gank before level 8-9, and 6 at the earliest.

Twitch is like Mortred, except he only needs to farm for fifteen minutes to be able to rape your entire team, instead of having to farm for 35+ minutes unbothered to do anything.

Yes, Twitch is squishy. A good (I hate to call any Twitch good because he's basically the Rikimaru of LoL) Twitch will simply sit behind his team until the fight has started, then hit Spray and Pray and simply snipe your entire team to death from 1000 away. I'm not talking about a Twitch who's 9-1 and has 150 creep kills, I'm talking about Twitches that are 3-1 and have 60 creep kills. It's just a matter of "does he kill your entire team in five seconds flat, or two seconds flat)

His ult simply does too much damage. To me, the sensible nerf would be to make it do reduced damage for every thing it passes through (35% damage reduction with each target the shot passes through), so he can be countered in teamfights by a fat creep wave.

But I'm going to go ahead and predict that a thousand people will jump on this and scream "BUT TWITCH SUCKS IN HIGH LEVEL." Again, I don't give a **** about high level. 95% of the people who play LoL play in pubs, and it's entirely illogical to balance heroes solely for high level for the sake of 5% and screw the other 95% over.

Somafera

02-24-2010

Well, ignoring his power level, i think that the concept of a ranged (huge range) dd hero with stealth, huge attack speed and both slow and dot is pretty dumb.

Hiroc

02-24-2010

I don't even think he sux at high level. A lot of high level teams roll with a twitch.

kmwalshy

02-24-2010

Stun or blind a twitch. Try it.

D Wills

02-24-2010

I agree that Twitch absolutely rapes, almost all of the time. The main problem is the fact that people are afraid of him. If they see a Twitch pop out, they run. I see this in a majority of my games. Sad but true. If he is focused, no matter how powerful, he dies within 2 seconds.

I do see what you are saying though, and I agree with your suggestions. The problem you mention is not the champion Twitch, but **** players who pop out just in time to kill steal the entire team. There really is no fix for these kind of players.

Once again, the suggestion you made to his ult would help a lot.

Also, I agree with what you said about not caring if he is useless in higher ELO matches.

Voidgolem

02-24-2010

It apparently takes considerably more ability than stealth > Ult > Expunge/slow poison now. Half the twitches I fight are cake.

The other half? Still annoying, but much rarer than usual.

Magres

02-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmwalshy View Post
Stun or blind a twitch. Try it.
When? After I've run through his team, covering the vast distance from which he can shoot?

Oh, and is this before or after he's applied a 50% slow to me? (It's easy to get three shots in before anyone reacts)

Also, Twitch is played in high level? I actually didn't know that.

Oh right, that actually makes sense when you consider how ridiculously long his range is. The fact that S&P is a "skillshot" doesn't even matter, the projectiles will hit anyways unless you're near max range and already sprinting perpendicular to them.

The issue with Twitch isn't that he's a team raper. So is Master Yi (but only if he gets to farm for half an hour without ever getting ganked). The issue with Twitch is that he's a team raper 15 minutes into the game, without even soloing. He escalates in power far to quickly once he hits six. Berserker Greaves and a Black Cleaver and you're good to go.

(For stupidly broken times, combine Kayle with Twitch. Good luck focus firing the guy who can kill your entire team in four seconds flat when he's invincible for that entire four seconds!)

DarkVizard

Banned

02-24-2010

Another complain about Twich, give the guy a break he been nerfed for 3 times already.

Auroros Osprey

02-24-2010

I agree with Crispy Waffle in that Twitch is more of a fear monger than a real power house. yeah he can still demolish people, but it seems people get scared of him to easy and run for their lives, leaving twitch to his work. confronting him turns the game around totally. when i play ryze i just spell flux and rune prison him to death, or as Veigar i set Event Horizon and drop all my damage spells into him and hes done. try and attack him when he gets the jump on you.

but thats just my opinion.

Axecution

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2010

Quote:
I know and understand that Twitch is a PoS hero in high level play, and I don't really care.
Well that makes one of us. Twitch is an extremely useful champion in all levels of play.