[Guide]Nasus - The Hybrid Tank/DPS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roninsm

02-25-2010

Wither over SS every time. The main damage from SS early game is based off sheen procs. The additional DPS gained from leveling it is not very significant, while the advantage gained by almost completely shutting down the enemy carry's attack speed and movement speed is huge. SS is good if you are trying to boost personal stats. If you are trying to be a team player, Wither is much better.

Crystalwyrm

02-26-2010

Edited some minor errors and fixed some mistakes.

Flapjacks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninsm View Post
Wither over SS every time. The main damage from SS early game is based off sheen procs. The additional DPS gained from leveling it is not very significant, while the advantage gained by almost completely shutting down the enemy carry's attack speed and movement speed is huge. SS is good if you are trying to boost personal stats. If you are trying to be a team player, Wither is much better.
Messiah levels SS over wither

PhuQPayMe

02-27-2010

I am seeing alot of nasus guides coming out and most of them are not that good.

1. Leveling SS over SF and wither is ****ing ******ed. You need 1 point in SS thats it. You need wither for closing on kills and you need spirit fire to farm gold and debuff your targets.(This is not directed at the OP.

2. The more I use nasus the more I come to the conclusion that chalice is a waste of early money for him. It is also a waste of a late game item slot. Masteries/Runes should be used to take care of mana problems.

3. Why would you sell chalice when you still have empty item slots? That's not smart.

4. Last whisper over starks???? LOL

5. Merc treads. There is no other option unless your opponent has all phys dps without any form of CC. You said yourself CC is the death of him.

6. I am starting to believe sheen/triforce is not that good on him especially late game. Early game it is pretty good. It is definately over rated in my opinion.

roninsm

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuQPayMe View Post

1. Leveling SS over SF and wither is ****ing ******ed. You need 1 point in SS thats it. You need wither for closing on kills and you need spirit fire to farm gold and debuff your targets.(This is not directed at the OP.

2. The more I use nasus the more I come to the conclusion that chalice is a waste of early money for him. It is also a waste of a late game item slot. Masteries/Runes should be used to take care of mana problems.

3. Why would you sell chalice when you still have empty item slots? That's not smart.

5. Merc treads. There is no other option unless your opponent has all phys dps without any form of CC. You said yourself CC is the death of him.

6. I am starting to believe sheen/triforce is not that good on him especially late game. Early game it is pretty good. It is definately over rated in my opinion.
Have you looked at mine? It's down a bit further. I agree with you completely on points 1,3,4, and 5.

2 is situational. If you don't have the regen runes, you need the chalice. There's no way to keep your mana up otherwise unless your team is getting you golem early. Regarding sheen/tri-force, sheen is definitely worth it. For well under 2k gold (about 5 minutes farming during mid-game for nasus), you can virtually double the damage on your SS. Tri-force is rarely worth it simply because it's another 2400, which would be better spent working towards a banshees or guardian angel or something similar.

Crystalwyrm

02-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuQPayMe View Post

@ 3, The reason to sell the chalice is that you buy a mana manipulator, and sell the chalice (650~g) to get the Soul Shroud, it has a mana regen aura. At that time you wouldn't need the chalice anyway.

@ 2 Yes, runes/masteries do take care of the mana problems, but for people who do not have them its nice to have. They can also pick up golem early in the game to help with the mana issues too.

@ 4 This is mainly a 'solo queue' guide, if your into the premades, Starks > LW, unless one of your teammates get Starks.

and @ 5, agree

JoeBart

02-27-2010

Crystalwyrm,

I just tried out your build a few times and I have to say I like it, though I haven't followed it exactly (circumstances of the game sort of dictated I do something different). I also really like your overall tone in your responses and willingness to take feedback, be it negative or positive. It is quite refreshing.

The build I had been using was a mana crystal at start plus some pots. I would rush Sheen, grab whatever boots I needed, build Aegis and then Trinity. Occasionally I would throw in Warmog's, once again dependent on how the game was going.

The only thing I have done different with your build is to not buy Soul Shroud or Last Whisper. Instead of Last Whisper I have been going Stark's but that is mostly due to the fact that my team needed someone walking around with it. I can see the use of Last Whisper and agree with your reasoning for it. Instead of Soul Shroud I go Banshee's Veil or Warmog's, once again depending on the opposition.

As for skilling order, I only switch 1 and 2. This is just a preference thing and it won't make or break Nasus. I just like to start SS ASAP but don't find it particularly useful to begin putting points into it early on. This is probably just a play style preference for me.

I want to conclude saying that I like starting with Meki and working toward the Chalice. It has pretty much solved my mana problems as I am only level 17 and can't quite get the runes necessary to solve my mana issues. Hopefully a game will come around where I can really try this build in its entirery as it seems rather fun and it is something different. Nasus seems to be a very adaptable hero and one that can change his role based on the circumstances.

haaaaaaaalp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

If you are going to solo queue with nasus, than SS>SF level one. SF level one is only for when you expect a level 1 battle.

Also, for everyone suggesting sheen, it is highly overated for nasus. You only get like a 30% increase on your SS strikes while delaying the aura items like starks and aegis, both of which rape on nasus.

Crystalwyrm

02-27-2010

@ JoeBart

I agree with using Stark's because your team needs a tank/secondary tank running around with a good aura. Sometimes its better to get other items in different situations, like instead of Soul Shroud, go Banshee's Viel or Warmongs, like you said.

And for switching the 1 and 2, I don't really think its really matters what you get. I just take SF at level 1 to keep the opposing team away from farming creeps, but SS is reasonable.