(Skin) Red creeps instead of purple (should help colourblind gamers)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

01-22-2010

Try the OP's healthbars.tga

Corrupted Veigar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2010

Ok.
This is
really
really
really confusing.
I don't know how to change .pdf to .whatever im supposed to put here, and Adobe Reader doesnt even read this stuff.

KoreanRacials

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalyn View Post
Ok.
This is
really
really
really confusing.
I don't know how to change .pdf to .whatever im supposed to put here, and Adobe Reader doesnt even read this stuff.
adobe reader should read pdf files...try updating your reader

if you want to change pdf file to another, you can use the 'export' or 'save as' functions in adobe, i believe

why isn't this stickied yet? the least riot can do is to at least acknowledge this work and distribute it?

ketchup

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalyn View Post
Ok.
This is
really
really
really confusing.
Ok, first, I'll just guess you have Windows. Now, right click the Start button/symbol and click "Explore all users". Then go to "Tools" -> "Folder Options" -> "View" tab. Under "File and Folders", make sure you have the "Hide extensions for known file types" unchecked. Once you've done that, then you read the OP's post and realize that these are not .pdfs, but instead are .rars. Simply, right click on the item, and rename the .pdf -> .rar. Then follow the rest of the installation instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNihil
installation:
  1. download the "creeps.pdf", it is not a real pdf, itīs a rar file, but this forum doesnt allow rar
  2. change the sufix to .rar and unrar it with WinZip, WinRar, 7Zip or any other such app

talenrok

02-07-2010

Dammit i am partially colorblind and sometimes cant differ ally from enemy.. I wasted my flash serveral times because of it :| srsly, thats gamebreaking!

But i don't want to change anything...
guess I'll just wait till Riot will do something about it :\

L1h1nyPPah

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by talenrok View Post
Dammit i am partially colorblind and sometimes cant differ ally from enemy.. I wasted my flash serveral times because of it :| srsly, thats gamebreaking!

Itīs of course up to you, but could I ask what is it with this method that makes you not want to do it?
Not user friendly enough? Or something else?
If youīre colourblind and this partially solves the problems, why wouldnīt you use it?

btw. there already were 1 bazillion threads about the issues that colourblind people have, Riot responded a few times during beta, we havenīt heard from them since, donīt hold your breath for any solution from them in the near future.

BlazingFury

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by talenrok View Post

Why don't you want to change anything if it's causing you problems? In all due honesty you've posted in a thread where someone has gone to a great deal to help with this for your benefit.

You won't get banned for changing a skin colour, it's the same as changing skins via using the ones the community use.

I also second what was said earlier, Riot why the hell have you not stickied this?!

-BlazingFury

talenrok

02-07-2010

Yes it is causing me some troubles but pretty much rarely. So I can play with that.

I just don't like any kind of mods, file changes and stuff like that.

Everything should be "vanilla" .. if u know what I mean!

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

02-12-2010

Looks like even the AAA titles hate the colorblind, I can see development costs outweighing the benefits here, but I'm not up on the disabilities act to know the legalities. I know websites need some accesibility options but no clue for video games.

pwnTang

09-29-2010

the Quake genre's -green/gold- team and enemy combo colors is really nice on the eyes.
I think ima edit mine that.