Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


(Skin) Red creeps instead of purple (should help colourblind gamers)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

01-22-2010

Try the OP's healthbars.tga


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corrupted Veigar

Recruiter

02-06-2010

Ok.
This is
really
really
really confusing.
I don't know how to change .pdf to .whatever im supposed to put here, and Adobe Reader doesnt even read this stuff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoreanRacials

Senior Member

02-07-2010

Quote:
Stalyn:
Ok.
This is
really
really
really confusing.
I don't know how to change .pdf to .whatever im supposed to put here, and Adobe Reader doesnt even read this stuff.


adobe reader should read pdf files...try updating your reader

if you want to change pdf file to another, you can use the 'export' or 'save as' functions in adobe, i believe

why isn't this stickied yet? the least riot can do is to at least acknowledge this work and distribute it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ketchup

Recruiter

02-07-2010

Quote:
Stalyn:
Ok.
This is
really
really
really confusing.
I don't know how to change .pdf to .whatever im supposed to put here, and Adobe Reader doesnt even read this stuff.


Ok, first, I'll just guess you have Windows. Now, right click the Start button/symbol and click "Explore all users". Then go to "Tools" -> "Folder Options" -> "View" tab. Under "File and Folders", make sure you have the "Hide extensions for known file types" unchecked. Once you've done that, then you read the OP's post and realize that these are not .pdfs, but instead are .rars. Simply, right click on the item, and rename the .pdf -> .rar. Then follow the rest of the installation instructions.

Quote:
":

installation:
  1. download the "creeps.pdf", it is not a real pdf, it´s a rar file, but this forum doesnt allow rar
  2. change the sufix to .rar and unrar it with WinZip, WinRar, 7Zip or any other such app


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

talenrok

Senior Member

02-07-2010

Dammit i am partially colorblind and sometimes cant differ ally from enemy.. I wasted my flash serveral times because of it :| srsly, thats gamebreaking!

But i don't want to change anything...
guess I'll just wait till Riot will do something about it :\


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

L1h1nyPPah

Senior Member

02-07-2010

Quote:
talenrok:
Dammit i am partially colorblind and sometimes cant differ ally from enemy.. I wasted my flash serveral times because of it :| srsly, thats gamebreaking!

But i don't want to change anything...
guess I'll just wait till Riot will do something about it :\


It´s of course up to you, but could I ask what is it with this method that makes you not want to do it?
Not user friendly enough? Or something else?
If you´re colourblind and this partially solves the problems, why wouldn´t you use it?


btw. there already were 1 bazillion threads about the issues that colourblind people have, Riot responded a few times during beta, we haven´t heard from them since, don´t hold your breath for any solution from them in the near future.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazingFury

Senior Member

02-07-2010

Quote:
talenrok:
Dammit i am partially colorblind and sometimes cant differ ally from enemy.. I wasted my flash serveral times because of it :| srsly, thats gamebreaking!

But i don't want to change anything...
guess I'll just wait till Riot will do something about it :\


Why don't you want to change anything if it's causing you problems? In all due honesty you've posted in a thread where someone has gone to a great deal to help with this for your benefit.

You won't get banned for changing a skin colour, it's the same as changing skins via using the ones the community use.

I also second what was said earlier, Riot why the hell have you not stickied this?!

-BlazingFury


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

talenrok

Senior Member

02-07-2010

Yes it is causing me some troubles but pretty much rarely. So I can play with that.

I just don't like any kind of mods, file changes and stuff like that.

Everything should be "vanilla" .. if u know what I mean!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

02-12-2010

Looks like even the AAA titles hate the colorblind (http://kotaku.com/5469989/what-colorblind-hackers-see-in-bioshock-2), I can see development costs outweighing the benefits here, but I'm not up on the disabilities act to know the legalities. I know websites need some accesibility options but no clue for video games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pwnTang

Member

09-29-2010

the Quake genre's -green/gold- team and enemy combo colors is really nice on the eyes.
I think ima edit mine that.