(Skin) Red creeps instead of purple (should help colourblind gamers)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HappyNihil

08-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermin View Post
That's interesting, shows how humans are really bound by our senses of perception.. how do i know if my red is the same as ur red? :P
Well, removing the eye lens is an easy operation, if you shine light through it and measure the wave length on spectrometre you should find out.. :d
But what your brain does with the signal is a different matter.

mermin

08-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyNihil View Post
But what your brain does with the signal is a different matter.
thats the thing haha

Suomies

08-26-2009

thanks for this ! helped me alot

Sehnder

08-26-2009

Gave it a shot, creeps were very easy to differentiate. The only nagging issue is that having red health bars for the enemy when your team is red feels off somehow, but I can't think of any good way to work around that. Nice work Nhil- this should make identifying the different teams a breeze for everyone.

HappyNihil

08-26-2009

Ill try to do something about the hp bars, but since I cannot edit game logic (=ally creeps will always display "ally creep colour", so that I cant make it that creep colour matches hp bars colour) it might be tricky. Well, glad it helps at least a bit.

Sehnder

08-26-2009

It is plenty helpful as is, it resolves the issue quite well. Like I said, I can't think of a good way to solve the health bar conundrum. But really, the main problem itself is solved, and the healthbars would just be icing on the cake. Good work!

Emrot

08-26-2009

Great work, HappyNihil!

One solution for the health bars, that would require a lot more work, is to recolor the creeps to something unique. So rather than blue-red, they could be teal and orange, and health bars could be pink and green. Basically, you find four distinct colors, and make each item -- ally health, enemy health, bottom creep, top creep -- a different color.

HappyNihil

08-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrot View Post
Great work, HappyNihil!

One solution for the health bars, that would require a lot more work, is to recolor the creeps to something unique. So rather than blue-red, they could be teal and orange, and health bars could be pink and green. Basically, you find four distinct colors, and make each item -- ally health, enemy health, bottom creep, top creep -- a different color.
Yeah, Im just working on it at the moment.. .d
The main problem is that its difficult to find 4 colours that are distinct both for protanope and deueteranope. (i could theoretically do two versions, but there will always be people in the middle etc.)
Ill post if I find some reasonable way to improve the current skin.

HappyNihil

08-27-2009

updated with adjusted health bars
probably the final version from me

if some further adjustment needs to be done to the healthbars just open the healthbars.dds file in your bitmap editor, edit the colours and save it as dds with explicit alpha channel

BananaBoy

09-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Very nice happy! Do like. May I request you make a green set of blue minions? :P
Did someone ask for green models? I've made some for you, even though I think there's enough green gras in LoL. Hope you like it.

PS: Rename the .pdf file to .zip and do like you were told in the first post.