(Skin) Red creeps instead of purple (should help colourblind gamers)

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HappyNihil

08-25-2009

-updated with comparison screenshot
Any feedback from someone who is colourblind would be welcome.

Cheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2009

Very nice comparison happy, how did you do that?

HappyNihil

08-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Very nice comparison happy, how did you do that?
There´s a photoshop plugin for that, alternatively you can use http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/vischeckImage.php.
I´ve seen someone who talked about this issue to use something like that so I just googled it, maybe there´s some better/more precise way but this should be ok.

Sehnder

08-25-2009

Hi, my name is Sehnder and I'm an alcoho---, I mean, I'm colorblind.

First of all HappyNhil, thanks for taking the time to do this. I appreciate the effort to help us colorblind folk, and efforts like this really illustrate how selfless an online community can be.

I don't have access to LoL at the moment, so I can't test it out, but from the screenshots posted the creeps are very easily distinguished. My guess is that I will have no in-game difficulties differntiating creeps with the reskin. When I get home tonight and have access to my game compy I will give the skins a try and let you know how it goes. The healthbar issue that was brought up is a consideration, but I'll let you know once I can see it all first hand.

Thanks again for taking the time to help a colorblind brother out!

HappyNihil

08-25-2009

Thanks for the kind words Sehnder,
just try it out and give me some feedback on it when you can so that some further tweaks can be done. (i went with very sharp red, which might not be ideal, so tell me if you think that some other colour would be better)
Reskinning is probably the easiest solution. Riot will be selling skins, they can give out these basic skins for free so that the colourblind or people who prefer this look can get it and then no major changes to the shaders/light that would affect all players need to be done.

Sehnder

08-25-2009

My brother is colorblind as well, so we'll both give it a shot. Hopefully we can have some good feedback for you by tomorrow.

BananaBoy

08-26-2009

Good job! I am also not colorblind but still, I prefer red to purple.
Also thanks for 7zip(great tip), I've been using Winrar for a while now and it's been a pain...

mermin

08-26-2009

I have a question, just curious sorry if i seem stupid. So if you were colorblind, red = yellow/green and yellow/green = yellow/green AKA they have never seen red?

HappyNihil

08-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermin View Post
I have a question, just curious sorry if i seem stupid. So if you were colorblind, red = yellow/green and yellow/green = yellow/green AKA they have never seen red?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorblind
Something along those lines, depends on what type you have.
I don´t really know enough to comment on it, so check the article. But basically if you have one of the common types you have problems with seeing red and green hues. (well, you see them as different colour, so have problems distinguishing them)

mermin

08-26-2009

That's interesting, shows how humans are really bound by our senses of perception.. how do i know if my red is the same as ur red? :P

123456 ... 7