(Skin) Red creeps instead of purple (should help colourblind gamers)

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HappyNihil

08-25-2009

Now this is a quick skin of the purple creeps, primarily meant to help the colourblind gamers, since Riot acknowledged the problem but didnt do anything about it so far.

Distributing some custom skins for creeps is also probably the easiest way Riot can solve it in my opinion.

UPDATE - Healthbars file is updated to work with the current build. The only difference is that it is a .tga file, installation stays the same, so just rewrite the original .tga with the new one.

colour scheme:
*******http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=1578&stc=1&d=125136563 6********

models:
*******http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=1445&stc=1&d=125121587 8********

Screens:
*******http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=1591&stc=1&d=125137797 0********

installation:

1. download the "creeps.pdf", it is not a real pdf, itīs a rar file, but this forum doesnt allow rar
  2. change the sufix to .rar and unrar it with WinZip, WinRar, 7Zip or any other such app
  3. Find your HeroPak_client.zip file, it is defaultly in C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Game\. And make a backup of this file!!! (!!!) (..!!!)
  4. Open HeroPak_client.zip in your unzipping software (prefferably 7zip, other bug out because of CRC32 check) and navigate to \DATA\Characters\ where youll see folders for all the champions and units in the game.
  5. Drag and drop each file into its directory overwriting the original in the process.
  6. Load up the game and enjoy the new skin!
UPDATE: the new healthbars.dds file goes into \DATA\Images\, of course make a backup of the original first

if something goes wrong or you want to change it back:
  1. Rename your backup to HeroPak_client.zip and put it back into the original folder

Cheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2009

Very nice happy! Do like. May I request you make a green set of blue minions? :P

Twisted

08-25-2009

Dude that is bad ass! As a reward I will give you one of my beta keys. post an email here and I will send it to you.

HappyNihil

08-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
Dude that is bad ass! As a reward I will give you one of my beta keys. post an email here and I will send it to you.
Iīm glad you like it.
But I donīt need your key, I have enough of my own, if you donīt need it give it to someone on the non-beta forums..

Itīs not really meant for common use by non-colourblind, as the red creeps together with the red enemy hp bars make the game slightly less easy to navigate, but if youīre colourblind it should help. Iīll probably do another recolour later for the rest of us.

Cheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2009

I'm not colorblind, but every other male in my family is and started at the age of 25-30ish. Only to the color orange though. We will see when I reach that age.

DeusExMachina

08-25-2009

Personally I like the red a lot. I'm not colorblind, but it would definitely emphasize the distinction. (Varying health bars isn't a bid deal)

FrozenStorm

08-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Very nice happy! Do like. May I request you make a green set of blue minions? :P
This a joke? Most colorblind people are blue/green colorblind, so that would make no difference. Unless you just want it for personal visual aesthetic, in which case rock on I suppose :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExMachina View Post
Personally I like the red a lot. I'm not colorblind, but it would definitely emphasize the distinction. (Varying health bars isn't a bid deal)
I agree, I can see colors just fine but this seriously helps quickly pick out your creeps (whereas the light purple is tough to distinguish at a glance.) Very nice HappyNihil, I'd be hunting you out for a job if I was an art / modeling manager

Cheese

08-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenStorm View Post
This a joke? Most colorblind people are blue/green colorblind, so that would make no difference. Unless you just want it for personal visual aesthetic, in which case rock on I suppose :/
I just like green. I also think Green/Red is a better combo then Blue/Purple... Which is kinda the reason why I am currently making a hulk skin for Dr. Mundo

sendo

Recruiter

08-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
I just like green. I also think Green/Red is a better combo then Blue/Purple... Which is kinda the reason why I am currently making a hulk skin for Dr. Mundo
please do not change it to green/red minions. i will never stop getting **** for clicking the wrong one and be just sitting there

as for color combinations red/blue or something drastic like yellow/any dark color would be nice

Alejo

08-25-2009

i hate red, i hate that color, why red :P?
anyway you give me a idea to color the creeps thx

12345 ... 7