How to get Ip faster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sid3wind3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

Hi folks,
i want to buy anivia or vladmir, and i need IP to buy them, cause i cant buy riot points, and iŽd like to know how do you do to get IP faster, tell me what gives IP and what looses IP, like kill much, kill lots of minions, defeat turrets etc....

Rabbitsuit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

Actually, I'm completely unsure if any of that even affects IP gain. I was in a Co-op match with a friend, and despite having +8kills and +3assists and four more towers down, we both got 57IP.

The major factors for IP just seem to include the length of the game, the mode, and whether or not you win it. Since you're lower leveled, Beginner Co-op Matches will still give decent IP if you want to play those for a quick win. Custom Games actually give more IP than Beginner Co-op though. The 3 v 3 map tends to end a little faster than the 5 v 5 map, but has -25% per game. So you might just want to stick with the 5 v 5s for now.

Fleiska

04-12-2011

IP bonus from store.
First win of the day (150IP once in 22hours)
Playing normal matches and summoner's rift. (= no penalties)
Win/defeat. (win matches if you prefer more IP)
And duration of the match. (longer it takes more IP you get)

Baked Nunu

04-12-2011

well if you cant buy rp for the boosts then gaining ip points is gonna take some time. You get ip points for win / lose the amount depends on game length. also make sure to get that 1st win of day bonus. you get a 25% ip reduction playing custom or coop ai matches. the rest of it is up to you and how mush you play.

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

04-12-2011

The most important thing is to take advantage of the First Win of the Day bonus as many have said. Other than that, winning long games will maximize the amount of IP you can earn from a match. If you can refer 10 friends who reach level 5, you'll get 975 RP which you can use to buy a champion or save for skins.

WeAreLegion

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleiska View Post
IP bonus from store.
First win of the day (150IP once in 22hours)
Playing normal matches and summoner's rift. (= no penalties)
Win/defeat. (win matches if you prefer more IP)
And duration of the match. (longer it takes more IP you get)
Upvoted, everything looks good except for "duration of match". You get more IP if you win quickly, or provide a stalwart defense and draw the game out longer and lose. (I wonder what time the lines intersect in a graph??)

Reiver

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreLegion View Post
Upvoted, everything looks good except for "duration of match". You get more IP if you win quickly, or provide a stalwart defense and draw the game out longer and lose. (I wonder what time the lines intersect in a graph??)
Nope, it's changed, you gain more IP per time the faster the game ends regardless of if you win or lose.

You gain more IP per game the longer it goes (again, regardless of winning or losing)

So if you're planning on playing for 3 hours, a series of short quick wins maximizes your IP gains.

If you're planning on playing for just 1 game, a long drawn out win maximizes your IP gain.

AngryHumping

04-12-2011

Those two statements are contradictory and don't make sense. What you're saying is every match length maximizes your IP gains, short or long. That can't be true.

UrielSeptim II

Recruiter

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryHumping View Post
Those two statements are contradictory and don't make sense. What you're saying is every match length maximizes your IP gains, short or long. That can't be true.
Yes it can, if you dominate, and take them out in 15 minutes, you get tons of ip, the longer the game drags out the less IP you get, once you hit a certain length, IP gain will increase, to reward you for a longer, tougher game, ya see?

Fleiska

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Q: What is changing with the new system?

A: The short answer is that IP and XP are now earned on a per minute of play basis. Winning will still reward you more than losing, but rewards should be a lot more even overall. Click here for a graph that represents the differences between the old formula and new formula.
Or the complete FAQ can be found here.

Oh, heard reports that in early levels you get sometimes random extra IP. No idea how it works.

EDIT: lol it was in that FAQ also...
Quote:
Q: My newbie friends are gaining IP faster in similar games. Why is that?

A: Players start out earning a slightly more IP to help them get some initial Champions and runes early in the game so they would be able to unlock some Champions they could learn then play consistently.
but doesnt say anything how...