+Suggestion+ How to fix the effect Leavers have

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chiefh2o

04-15-2011

why not just make it optional to immediately vote a surrender even before the 20 mark when you have a leaver to minimize the time and agony altogether and throw the bonus bull**** out the window?

not like its all that great for the more than likely winning side to play a gimped team anyways.

and given it would be optional they could continue on if they felt like it and fight to the bitter end or a humiliating defeat for the team with a full head count.

Xenophobed

04-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefh2o View Post
why not just make it optional to immediately vote a surrender even before the 20 mark when you have a leaver to minimize the time and agony altogether and throw the bonus bull**** out the window?

not like its all that great for the more than likely winning side to play a gimped team anyways.

and given it would be optional they could continue on if they felt like it and fight to the bitter end or a humiliating defeat for the team with a full head count.
That still honestly solves nothing. It isnt a solution its just getting you out of the game 5 maybe 10 minutes quicker. With still makeing you suffer a defeat without any care or tiny bonus. Not being mean but you have to look at everything from all angles and from the point of view of. Riot , Team with the leaver , Team without the leaver..

Perhaps this might be a nice little feature to add in but it still doesnt solve anything other than 5-10 minutes of times.

No one looks at the point of view of the leaver, Their generally scum and are better off uninstalling, lol =).

Grunram

04-17-2011

I think a better solution coupled with the OP's solution is in unranked games, the leaver then becomes a bot, and there is already a very sophisticated AI for the bots, just programme it to check what the lane makeups are and enter the lane that the leaver left, the programme it to track where the teammates are for team fights and ganks.
Bit idealistic but it could work for unranked games, for ranked disable it though so the bot doesnt feed and be even worse than a leaver.

Trelehon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2011

Or... if someone leaves within a couple minutes then maybe they could be replaced with someone outside of the game waiting in solo queue... I wouldn't mind if someone joined in even after we are all lvl 4-6, those early lvls can be made up fairly quickly

Xenophobed

04-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelehon View Post
Or... if someone leaves within a couple minutes then maybe they could be replaced with someone outside of the game waiting in solo queue... I wouldn't mind if someone joined in even after we are all lvl 4-6, those early lvls can be made up fairly quickly
This may indeed work however there is three major flaws to this.

1. You would be forced into playing as a set champion without a choice of your own

2. Because of #1 in order to get around this devlopers would need to rework the queing choice and spend a lot of work time doing this. So you could select something like "Leaver Que" in order to be in this special queing to take over a leavers place and then still #1 would be a problem.

3. What happens if the leaver is innocent, what happens if my power goes out our my crappy laptop messed up so it took me a few minutes to come back? I shouldn't get a leave because i came back..... Wait i can't come back... someone took my spot... oh well even though i'm innocent i can't do anything about my leave now.

Its honestly people's jobs to find flaws with everything... So their not exploited during the game.

I'm not out here to attack everyone's opinon. This thread is to suggest the best way to fix the effect leavers have and not to boast. But the way i suggested in the first post seems the only one without any flaws.

If someone can suggest something that isn't to flawed then ill add it to the front page first post. Though if you can't then please try to comment your approval or dis-approval to the only non-flawed way that has been suggested in this thread which is in the first post...

Im only saying this sence i keep seeing a bunch of idea fairys coming in with well.. Bad ideas while contributing NOTHING of an opinon to the actual first post.

Please try and stay on topic of the first post unless you actually have an idea truely worth considering

Eekei Kun

04-20-2011

Agree!
/signed

iiiHARDiii

04-20-2011

Agree /signed

Xenophobed

04-20-2011

Cudos and thanks, I am certain this is the most excellent way to solve the effect leavers have on us to an extent.

Of course riot can modify this as they see fit this is just a basis for the idea. Ive yet to see any flaws in it and any flaws people beleive there is i've easily proven them false.

Spread the word people, And sign this or show your approval. Numbers is power =)

Onimusha542

04-20-2011

What if the minions on the team with a leaver level up faster? That way it could also put some needed pressure on a full team. IDK probably a bad idea, it just sucks imo to see the minion waves on a team fail horribly because the opposing team has that one extra player to push that lane.

Cuddlepaws

04-20-2011

a minor suggestion on top of this suggestion:

since we mostly queue up to start a match, why not impose a penalty on leave repeaters for leaving that often... something along the lines of 2-5s (per left game) additional penalty time before the (leaver) player gets into the actual queue (it's a given that penalty also resets if player cancels the countdown)... that way, the leavers get less priority (sort of) in the matchmaking than regular players and others will be discouraged from making the leave...

e.g. someone with 15 leaves will have to wait 75s penalty before he can queue up for a match...

of course, we all have our share of unintentional dc/leaves due to unforseen circumstances like power and net outages, pc failure, mom nagging, etc... and these would eventually accumulate to a fair amount so there should probably be a monthly or bimonthly clearing of said queue penalty from accidental leaves...

*my first post here, go easy on me*

also, i still can't fully agree to the first suggestion as it still seems to be abusable (e.g. organized teams would take advantage to boost their buddies by leaving at the last minute to suffer a leave but give extra exp/ip to their teammates)