Vlad's hard counter in laning is Swain?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XJ9

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-11-2011

Just used Swain againts a vlad in ranked. He died a lot to me and fed me because whenever he pooled it didn't do anything cause Swain's spells still do damage when he is in the pool.

Phynkss

04-12-2011

malhazar should counter vlad pretty hard too

HarisPiIton

04-12-2011

Caitlyn does a pretty job at Vlads as well.

Basicly, Vlad isn't as strong as you think.

JohnnyThrash

04-12-2011

I think you might have just been up against a bad Vlad. Swain isn't very "bursty" and with Vlad's health gain and kiting ability he shouldn't be feeding that bad unless he's really bad at avoiding your spells.

Prometheius

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyThrash View Post
I think you might have just been up against a bad Vlad. Swain isn't very "bursty" and with Vlad's health gain and kiting ability he shouldn't be feeding that bad unless he's really bad at avoiding your spells.
You have ZERO clue about using Swain then. You can't "avoid" targetted spells.

Fluffy1

04-12-2011

morgana is very powerfull vs him, shes likely wont kill him but he cant kill her and he will always be half health max and struggling to farm.

cass i believe is a hardcounter, she can damage him way faster then he can heal and for a larger amount and with his short range if he tries to harrass back hes gonna get kitted hard. and his pool wont help him since the poisons will kill him, plus pooling will just cut your hp letting her kill you faster.

Heat n Serve

04-12-2011

Kassadin is a good counter to mid vlad as well.

AiiKa

04-12-2011

Quote:
cass i believe is a hardcounter, she can damage him way faster then he can heal and for a larger amount and with his short range if he tries to harrass back hes gonna get kitted hard. and his pool wont help him since the poisons will kill him, plus pooling will just cut your hp letting her kill you faster.
I can second this.. i had to mid against a cass whilst playing vlad.. one of my worst games i have played as vlad, and although i don't play vlad much, i have played swain against vlad and yes.. it is great fun

Narvuntien

04-12-2011

Pretty much any AP champion will bet Vlad untill level 9.

My personal favourite is Leblanc.... you can't heal your way out of her burst.

But yeah Swain can damage Vlad through the Pool, which is Vlads escape... but he can't escape Swains damage.

Call Mee Maybee

04-12-2011

Vlad has lots of counters in lane.. I would not say that it is virtually every AP champion but more like any champion that can reduce his healing powers. Personally, I have the most trouble with Kat (thank god she got nerfed). The problem with AP champs is that their bursts are not enough to kill Vlad with his health and problem cannot farm as well as him (except Malz).
If by 'counter" you mean has the ability to kill Vlad a lot then there really arent many counters.. Personally, by counter I think you should look at the ability to cut off Vlad's farming and zone him out of exp range. To me, this is Caitlyn (just b/c of her massive range and seemingly non-existent cooldowns early game) and Katrina (for her healing reduction [nerfed!] and ability to flash around Vlad's slow ass)