Norton & Lol

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SSSSK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2010

just updated my lol and NAV has quarantined the lolclient.exe file and deleted it, do i have to reinstall and allow permissions and btw is it an actual risk or are norton just not aware of lol?

3L1T3

02-24-2010

have the same problem, but when I put lol in the save file it still would delete it.
But sadly I also got the: launcher has ... , restart this application - error :-(

I kinda don't want to download the game again .. But nothing else seems to work.

SSSSK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2010

i know wtf norton!! they need to sort it out

NightStalkerQ

02-24-2010

same here

SSSSK

02-24-2010

gonna reinstall and see what happens after many plays

Scamar

02-24-2010

I think you should definitely get a new anti-virus software.

I suggest you use one of the following:
Avast
Kaspersky
Panda
AVG

KenXD

02-24-2010

omg my norton also removed it i just saw.... any1 know how to put in exception i got norton 2010 internet security?

never mind found it out at quarinty i restored the file hopefully i can play now xD

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

02-24-2010
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Thanks for reporting. There is nothing risky about any of the League of Legends programs, but I have seen anti-virus software cause these issues in the past (something about the way our patcher updates is causing this, I believe). Can you guys post the exact version of Norton that you're using, and let me know if you're experiencing other problems patching (besides the quarantine). I'm wondering if anti-virus software might be causing launcher errors for some reason.

Prinnybomb

02-24-2010

I have the same problem. Downloaded it all completely fine, once I finished and clicked play, saw my norton say something along the lines of deleting file lollauncher.exe or something of that nature. Now everytime I try to log in it says error. I'm not going to try and reinstall until someone else can clarify that it works, but i'm using 2010 Norton and it is a big piece of ****.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

02-24-2010
2 of 4 Riot Posts

We're trying to add the program to a Norton "safe list" but it may take some time before that translates to any changed to your Norton.