Should there be an additional item slot only for wards?

Yes 166 90.22%
No 14 7.61%
I'm stupid and that's the lamest idea ever. 4 2.17%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Ward Specific Item Slot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deuce23

04-11-2011

Riot needs to add an item slot that is only for wards. It's really upsetting having full items and being unable to ward when it gets into the late game. Seems like a punishment for doing so good. Can't ward baron, dragon or anything. This would also be helpful when people are stubborn and don't want to buy wards or are just plain stupid and don't see the benefits in them. The reasons are endless why people won't ward but I feel that even though my item slots are full I should still be able to buy them.

Riot please add a ward slot, or at least explain why that would not be a good idea.

DJ SaddamInsane

04-12-2011

A reason as to why this might not happen might be because some people actually pay attention to item slots. Let's say you want to ward their jungle for a gank on the opp. team's jungle. You say start off with Boots and a Ward and health pot. or cloth armor ward and pots. When you get in lane, the opp team can notice either the amount of items you have, them knowing the cost of your beginner items, they know you bought a ward. If there's a space left in your inventory like a gap between pots and boots/cloth armor etc. Then they also know a ward has been put down.

This also goes into if they add a slot to the Score Chart just for Wards, it would make it too obvious as well. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just some things to look at as well.

Nahuta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocirofl View Post
A reason as to why this might not happen might be because some people actually pay attention to item slots. Let's say you want to ward their jungle for a gank on the opp. team's jungle. You say start off with Boots and a Ward and health pot. or cloth armor ward and pots. When you get in lane, the opp team can notice either the amount of items you have, them knowing the cost of your beginner items, they know you bought a ward. If there's a space left in your inventory like a gap between pots and boots/cloth armor etc. Then they also know a ward has been put down.

This also goes into if they add a slot to the Score Chart just for Wards, it would make it too obvious as well. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just some things to look at as well.
Gap in item slots tells you nothing. I can drag one item from the first slot to the last slot if I wanted to, it doesn't mean I bought 5 items before the one I have and sold/used them all.

wasniahC

04-13-2011

Isn't the idea that if you want to keep placing wards at the end of the game, you need to have one item missed out on in your build? Isn't that the whole point?

Then you have one designated person in your group who will work on the wards at the end if people start finishing builds, and they actually have to make the sacrifice to get wards. Seems like a pretty big change if suddenly everyone can go put wards everywhere when the game is nearing its end.

Suddenly, everybody can see where everybody is, until the game ends. That's not really the point of wards, is it? You're supposed to have to use them intelligently, as a choice

Ja Wangnan

Master Recruiter

06-07-2011

I completely agree with the suggestion.

Just make sure to allow a max of 2 or 3 wards or else the whole map will be under control for BOTH sides at the end of the game in 60+ minute games. Having even 10 wards per team is insane, one or two would be a good limit.

moonmansam

06-07-2011

bump. this is good.

DaejinTye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-07-2011

Make it a 1-ward item slot and sure. I did think this was a great idea, but then I thought that, low-cost builds for certain champs could finish their build at the 20-25 minute mark, then jus' spam wards all over the place. (I actually have 3 builds like this that would allow me to abuse wards relentlessly, while still being very helpful to my team in fights.)

ShaDemon

06-08-2011

I love this plan completely. Riot recognized it's problem with late game pots and oracles, this should be no different.

RBeckham

06-10-2011

I agree with the notion.

Isysar

09-24-2011

Bump.

This needs to happen.