JimboAinzley's Random Champion Selector

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JimboAinzley

04-11-2011

Hi everyone!
I started my college studies in programming back in september.

Back then, I created a tool that randomly choses a champion, two summoner spells, a boots item, and five other items for you to play. I made it for fun, and to give myself a challenge once in a while if I got bored.

So I found this little tool back somewhere lost on my computer and updated it with the new champions and items, and I will share it with you guys.

It's currently coded in basic programming using the pascal langage that we learned in the first class.

I will soon update it with more cool functions like randomizing a full team with a tank, a carry, a support, etc.. And later add a graphical interface!

So here's v.0.1, maybe you guys can give me some ideas to add in the future!

locomotivechevaI

04-11-2011

Kinda cool, keep it up!

Quintessence

04-11-2011

so its like ultimate bravery only we have to dl it... not cool ><

DFoxx

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboAinzley View Post
Hi everyone!
I started my college studies in programming back in september.

Back then, I created a tool that randomly choses a champion, two summoner spells, a boots item, and five other items for you to play. I made it for fun, and to give myself a challenge once in a while if I got bored.

So I found this little tool back somewhere lost on my computer and updated it with the new champions and items, and I will share it with you guys.

It's currently coded in basic programming using the pascal langage that we learned in the first class.

I will soon update it with more cool functions like randomizing a full team with a tank, a carry, a support, etc.. And later add a graphical interface!

So here's v.0.1, maybe you guys can give me some ideas to add in the future!
Sooooooo you programmed a random number generator...
Cool story bro.

JimboAinzley

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
so its like ultimate bravery only we have to dl it... not cool ><
Yeah I've heard of that thing.
But I plan on making mine better with more functions

JimboAinzley

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFoxx View Post
Sooooooo you programmed a random number generator...
Cool story bro.
So far it is. But if you read I will add more when I have time as I learn new stuff in class every week.

DFoxx

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboAinzley View Post
So far it is. But if you read I will add more when I have time as I learn new stuff in class every week.
A for enthusiasm for the game
F for functionality (see what I did there?)

(Also you have to love the downvotes )

I'm going to be honest with you bro I'm not much of a programmer at all and I could program a random number generator when I was 12...

Now write a program that takes input in the form of champions and runes and gives you an approximate number of games/time spent playing until you have enough IP to unlock them, and people may find a use for it. Just an idea.

JimboAinzley

04-11-2011

Quote:
A for enthusiasm for the game
F for functionality (see what I did there?)

(Also you have to love the downvotes )

I'm going to be honest with you bro I'm not much of a programmer at all and I could program a random number generator when I was 12...
I know it's very simple, I made that thing when I'd had only few classes of programming, back in september.

Quote:
Now write a program that takes input in the form of champions and runes and gives you an approximate number of games/time spent playing until you have enough IP to unlock them, and people may find a use for it. Just an idea.
Now THAT is the kind of replies I wanted. I wanted a challenge and I find one in what you posted. I will try to do what you said. Thanks