JimboAinzley's Random Champion Selector

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JimboAinzley

Senior Member

04-11-2011

Hi everyone!
I started my college studies in programming back in september.

Back then, I created a tool that randomly choses a champion, two summoner spells, a boots item, and five other items for you to play. I made it for fun, and to give myself a challenge once in a while if I got bored.

So I found this little tool back somewhere lost on my computer and updated it with the new champions and items, and I will share it with you guys.

It's currently coded in basic programming using the pascal langage that we learned in the first class.

I will soon update it with more cool functions like randomizing a full team with a tank, a carry, a support, etc.. And later add a graphical interface!

So here's v.0.1, maybe you guys can give me some ideas to add in the future!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

locomotivechevaI

Junior Member

04-11-2011

Kinda cool, keep it up!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quintessence

Senior Member

04-11-2011

so its like ultimate bravery only we have to dl it... not cool ><


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DFoxx

Senior Member

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboAinzley View Post
Hi everyone!
I started my college studies in programming back in september.

Back then, I created a tool that randomly choses a champion, two summoner spells, a boots item, and five other items for you to play. I made it for fun, and to give myself a challenge once in a while if I got bored.

So I found this little tool back somewhere lost on my computer and updated it with the new champions and items, and I will share it with you guys.

It's currently coded in basic programming using the pascal langage that we learned in the first class.

I will soon update it with more cool functions like randomizing a full team with a tank, a carry, a support, etc.. And later add a graphical interface!

So here's v.0.1, maybe you guys can give me some ideas to add in the future!
Sooooooo you programmed a random number generator...
Cool story bro.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JimboAinzley

Senior Member

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
so its like ultimate bravery only we have to dl it... not cool ><
Yeah I've heard of that thing.
But I plan on making mine better with more functions


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JimboAinzley

Senior Member

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFoxx View Post
Sooooooo you programmed a random number generator...
Cool story bro.
So far it is. But if you read I will add more when I have time as I learn new stuff in class every week.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DFoxx

Senior Member

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboAinzley View Post
So far it is. But if you read I will add more when I have time as I learn new stuff in class every week.
A for enthusiasm for the game
F for functionality (see what I did there?)

(Also you have to love the downvotes )

I'm going to be honest with you bro I'm not much of a programmer at all and I could program a random number generator when I was 12...

Now write a program that takes input in the form of champions and runes and gives you an approximate number of games/time spent playing until you have enough IP to unlock them, and people may find a use for it. Just an idea.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JimboAinzley

Senior Member

04-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFoxx View Post
A for enthusiasm for the game
F for functionality (see what I did there?)

(Also you have to love the downvotes )

I'm going to be honest with you bro I'm not much of a programmer at all and I could program a random number generator when I was 12...
I know it's very simple, I made that thing when I'd had only few classes of programming, back in september.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFoxx View Post
Now write a program that takes input in the form of champions and runes and gives you an approximate number of games/time spent playing until you have enough IP to unlock them, and people may find a use for it. Just an idea.
Now THAT is the kind of replies I wanted. I wanted a challenge and I find one in what you posted. I will try to do what you said. Thanks