Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Corki Guide and Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phrenzied

02-23-2010

Well hey guys here is my opinion about how to play Corki and build Corki.

BUILD and Summoner Spells

Vampire Sceptor TELEPORT and EXHAUST
Beserker's Greaves
Sheen or B.F. Sword into Bloodthirster
Wichever you didn't get above
Phage
Trinity Force
Infinty's Edge
but maybe instead of Infinity's get survivability

GUIDE

Well with Corki I find him to be the best character to counter melee so somehow try to lane against a melee but he is also a good counter for range. (Try to avoid characters such as Ryze, Nunu, EVERY TANK well except loser tanks who build them like a mage..haha, Ashe, Teemo, Tristana, and Fiddlesticks.) Now just try to sit back hit people, never get aggresive mostly you can't unload til level 6. WOOT CONGRATS WOOT you got your best friend, your ult but also a Singed with fling but not the point. You can now kill but you also could kill before ult but again I am not aggresive. Try to keep up harrasing get a couple kills, now B.F. sword. So heres how you kill.

Valkyrie to them, Phosph. bomb, auto attack, use exhaust if needed to then watch the numbers fly.Now to kill again just lather, rinse, repeat and make sure to lather the beard because that thing looks ******* awesome. Now heres the tricky part, learning to face casters like Nunu first Valkyrie out of ult but go over him because Valkyrie does good amounts of damage Phosph. Exhaust him because hes gonna try to run away.

Skill Build
Pho.
Valk.
Pho.
Gatling
Pho.
ULTI
Pho.
Gatling
Pho.
Gatling
ULTI
Gatling
Valk.
Gstling
Valk.
ULTI
Valk.
Valk.

Conclusion
I really hope this helps and please comment we all want to learn.

Kendouy

02-24-2010

Why do you build a vampiric scepter when you should be lasthitting anyways? Just so you can then build the Bloodthirster?

Phrenzied

02-28-2010

Hey Smarts Vampire Sceptor keeps you in the lane longer and how would a Vampire Sceptor help you last hit things and PLEEEEEASE think before you talk.

Kendouy

02-28-2010

Wow, thanks for the wonderful answer...
First of all, why would you want to autoattack the creeps? Cause that is the only way a scepter is valid. You overpush your lane, making it possible to be ganked by someone from the river.

So, instead of being rude, why not try to explain your thining in a civilized manner.

nirvrex

02-28-2010

"Conclusion
I really hope this helps and please comment we all want to learn."

What he means by comment is tell him how great it is.

So this guide is awesome! I love how you spent like 10 minutes making it. Also I love vampire sceptor first. It ensures that I can stay at 75% health as long as I autoattack creeps! And since corki at lvl 6 has about 400 mana Its not like youd be able to harass, phosph invis heros or even teemos mushrooms without needing to go back to base every 5 minutes. Also as any corki knows the reason you go valk second is so you have an escape mechanism if your getting ganked (also why some go valk first).

So lets say you get harassed and have to use valk and a phosph bomb to escape, you've just used up enough mana to make you useless until you go back to base.

Also why bloodthirster? Is it for the extra 20 damage over black cleaver? Or is lifesteal somehow important on corki? Personally I think if you are taking enough damage on the paper corki your suggesting to warrant lifesteal then aren't you already dead? Wouldn't the armor mitigation blackcleaver provides stack nicely with gatling gun?

Anyways just something to think about.

RickyRickz

02-28-2010

Nice comment there

Quote:
First of all, why would you want to autoattack the creeps? Cause that is the only way a scepter is valid. You overpush your lane, making it possible to be ganked by someone from the river.

followed instantly by

Quote:
Also I love vampire sceptor first. It ensures that I can stay at 75% health as long as I autoattack creeps!

I lol'd

Alucard628

02-28-2010

sarcasm is lost on the internet...

Mesa H

02-28-2010

This is just great guide work man, detailed, fluent english, nice flow, clear language, all u can hope for from the net. i'll definitely follow ur build to the item, i'm sure i'll own most ppl while trying to avoid ""characters such as Ryze, Nunu, EVERY TANK well except loser tanks who build them like a mage..haha, Ashe, Teemo, Tristana, and Fiddlesticks. "" eerr any champs u didn't mention coz i kinda need to remember which hero i have to avoid, or i'm screwed. thx man, keep up.

420 Warrior

02-28-2010

Why would you get vamp scepter first? Any corki that is autoattacking creeps is not playing to Corki's strengths. Corki is all about last hitting, harassing, and chasing. This means you are NOT autoattacking. You attack each minion once. you want the other champ to be pushing up on your turret so you can kill him with a q + e + w combo as you chase him back to his tower. Get a dorans shield and harass with autoattacks or get a mana crystal and harass with Q. When you hit 6 harass and last hit at the same with his ult. Dont use Q to do this much, its not mana efficient.

Why would you buy a bloodthirster? If you are any good, you are gonna get focused first in any team fight, or ganked first when you are laning. When you die, you lose all the stacks you had. Black cleaver is the better option, it synergizes with his E. If you are getting hit during a teamfight, it most likely means you got too close and are getting gangbanged by the entire team. No amount of lifesteal is gonna save you in this situation.

Since you recommend valking in, now you have no escape if you get CCed. Your BT stacks are gone now. Don't valk in, always save it for escaping. Get flash, it will help you escape those seemingly impossible situations. Exhaust will not help you run from 5 pissed off champs.

Build Merc treads or Boots of Swiftness. Escaping alive as corki takes precedence over killing a champion. Every time you slip through their fingers, the more irrational they will play, in their greed to finally kill you.

Build any part of triforce first, it will help you more early game than a mid-late game BF Sword. I am going to assume you are bad at last hitting since you buy a vamp scepter. You should have enough gold when you hit level 6 to buy a sheen if you bought a mana crystal. Zeal and phage are also viable options.

Your guide is focused more on killing individual champs. Corki excels at destroying whole teams at once, thanks to E + Black cleaver casters die faster than they can faceroll their keyboard, tanks melt with no armor, any physical dps is ruined by Q. Champions running away? Kill them with R.

I dont know how many times you die a game, but I average about 3-4 with about 15 kills/assists per game as corki. This is not to say how good i am, but how good corki is as a champion period. Flash + W + Boots allows escape from almost every situation, Q, E, R are all amazing AOE attacks that are good early game and get better late game.

He's an in and out type of champion, with good burst and good caster abilities.
This turned into a really long post, but corki is so much more versatile than just an autoattacking dps. He is one of the best champions in the game imo, and he doesn't even have a CC.

If you didn't read any of this and skipped to the end here's an item build for you
Dorans Shield
Sheen (get liz, kill someone)
Boots
Catalyst
Black Cleaver
Triforce
BV
>Rageblade, Last Whisper, Rylai's or any health item if you are getting focused a lot
> A DPS item to finish pushing their towers/nexus. Phantom Dancer is a nice one. Dodge helps a lot.