[Guide] Raping face with Nunu.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FiRe2

08-24-2009

Welcome to my second guide. This one is going to obviously be about nunu, the yeti rider. I saw the other two guides for his hero, and both were completely different from my build/playstyle with him. So I decided to make a guide focuses around my play style.

This yeti build is a pure caster build, with optional tank items you can add as you see fit for more survivability.

Nunu:
The yeti rider is a very effective caster for ganking, and team fights. He has a buff to increase the movement attack speed of ally carries during late game, an incredible snare that can be spammed to chase down an enemy, an extremely powerful special that takes 1.5 of your AP, as well as an ability to allow him to self heal. If he lanes with a stun or another snare, it's pretty much guaranteed lane control.

Skills

Consume

Nunu bites a minion cause ??? damage and restores 100/175/250/325/400 health. It has a cooldown of 35/30/25/20/15 secs and costs 80 mana at all levels. This spell only works on minions and unfortunately not on heroes.

Blood Boil Nunu casts a spell on a friendly target (including himself) for 75 mana at all levels. This spell increases Attack Speed 20/30/40/50/60% and Movement Speed 8/11/14/17/20% for 40 seconds. Blood Boil has a 20 second cooldown.

Ice Blast

Nunu fires a blast of ice that slows the Movement Speed of an Enemy by 50% and lowers their Attack Speed by 25% as well. This slowdown lasts 4 seconds, and this ability has a 6 second cooldown. Ice Blast costs 75/85/95/105/115 mana and does 70/120/170/220/270 damage to the target.

Absolute Zero
Nunu surrounds himself with a blizzard that slows the movement speed of anyone caught within. After a 4 second cast time, anyone left in the blizzard whirlpool of awesomeness is hit with 500/750/1000 damage. Absolute Zero costs 150/225/300 mana and has a 150/120/90 second cooldown

Skill Build:

1.Ice Blast
2.Consume
3.Ice Blast
4.Consume
5.Ice Blast
6.Absolute Zero
7.Ice blast
8.Consume
9.Ice blast
10.Consume
11.Absolute Zero
12.Consume
13.Blood boil
14.Blood boil
15.Blood Boil
16.Absolute Zero
17.Blood boil
18.Blood boil

Explanation:

This build is amazing. Simply put. Whenever you get your free spell, you are to do two things: Hit the enemy champion with an iceblast to harass, or if you have some health missing, use consume to regain it and get a creep kill for free. This build is effective for early ganking, early kills, and early lane control. His snare ability is simply amazing, and with paired with another snare, it is extremely difficult to beat. I get blood boil toward end game because that's generally when I cast it, when the carry heroes are nice and buff.

Items:
To start, get doran's ring and a healthpot.

Then, I get boots, mejar's soulstealer, level 3 boots (recipe), amplifying tomb, abyssal scepter, sheen, lich bane.

note:
yet to try frozen mallet, waiting for a game to last long enough. I keep trying to get it after amplifying tomb, but i tend to win after I get the book,

Explanation: I prefer getting doran's ring first for the extra ap and mana regen for early harassing. Your consume ability should more than suffice for early hp regen as long as your not reckless. This is a strong AP build, obviously. This is used for strong ganks through all phases of the game, early, middle, and end. I get soulstealer early because he gets kills easily, and gaining the extra AP help a lot. His ice blast is a 1 to 1 ratio, and his ult is a 1 to 1.5 ratio, making AP a strong thing to invest in. I added amplifying tomb for some regen, and the reduced cooldown is nice for all abilities across the board, not to mention, your ice blast slow last 4 seconds, and once you get the book, the cd goes down to 4.74 seconds on ice blast, making it almost impossible for someone to run. This should be extremely easy to get kills with, and don't forget to use consume while in team fights to heal, don't be scared to ice blast, eat a nearby enemy creep, then resume the chase. He is a very effective ganker, so often times you will just need to run and spam ice blast.

Masteries/Summoner spells
:

As said before, I keep my masteries the same for every game, just a 9/0/21 build for the clairvoyance, reduced cooldowns, better regen, etc. That tree is extremely viable on any hero, and I continue to use it globally.

For summoner spells I strongly prefer blink(flash) and clairvoyance. Clairvoyance, since I'm specced into it, it shows invis and whatnot and is a perfect counter to any invis hero. Also, it makes you almost ungankable if you place the wards correctly, so it's never a bad choice. Blink for blinking in and using your ult, since getting as close as possible to the enemy is key when using this. It's also a good cheat-death move.

Runes:

Hp regen, hp, and mostly all tank runes. Anything so that you can concentrate on stacking purely attack power and what not. I use Hp regen runes, hp runes, and armor runes and never have a problem with being too squishy.

Early game:
Harass whenever you get a free spell, consume constantly to stay at full health, and always look for windows to gank, or kill the enemy champion on your lane. Focus on staying alive and getting to level 6. The better the farm, the stronger your ult will be faster.

Mid game:
Begin to utilize your blink/absolute zero combo. By now you should have a soulstealer, or be close to doing so. As soon as you can afford it, recall back to base and get it. Go around each lane and gank with your snare, and push each lane in. Set up clairvoyances during your pushes to counter any gank attempts. Also consider getting the golem buff for the cooldown reduction and mana regen, it is a very viable buff to get any point during the game, but is not required.

Late game:

At this point in the game, you should be set item wise with a 1.4kish+ ult. Use your ult at the start of team fights. Don't be stupid about it, try to get in the middle of all the heroes, or at least right beside one, to guarantee a death. Then after that, use ice blast to chase down heroes and hit them (with your lichbane buff) and just continue to do so. Constantly buff team mates with your blood boil buff as well, mostly buff the carries and physical DPS, as well as yourself.

Tips:

If they have a few stuns, or ways to cancel your special during cast, don't initiate. Wait for your team to go in, most people cast their stuns, snares, and other nukes at the start of team fights. as soon as they do so, run in and do it. Or simply run in to initiate and spam iceblast, they may initially panic and stun you, then you can cast your ult. But don't run into 5 heroes and die, be sure your team is close behind. Your goal throughout the whole game is to seek windows to use your ult and get the full blast off. Using bushes to hide in, flash, and coming from behind are useful tactics as well.

Try to not solo. This hero is best utilized when paired with other heroes that have some form of disable, even if not, he can lock down snare a hero almost by himself, so your team mate can just whack away at them, creating easy kills.

This hero build is perfect to abuse with friends or pre-mades. Have a friend pick a stunner or snare and lane with you, and watch your lane become cake.

- Check out my other guide for Karthus: http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=4640

Anansi

Adjudicator

08-25-2009

I am surprised that you chose the same title, given the feedback you had for the first one.

Hiclic

08-25-2009

I like to follow a similar AP build on him, but philos instead of the ring and minus the amplifying. I don't have regen masteries so I compensate, and I'll have to try the amp next game. As for masteries, archaic knowledge + magic penetration is pretty potent as well, and it gets better with abyssal.

FiRe2

08-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anansi View Post
I am surprised that you chose the same title, given the feedback you had for the first one.
It seemed that only a few people cared, and a lot of people didn't. If it was a problem, I'd assume a mod would of changed it.

SpooK

08-25-2009

hmm, i prefer throwing runes in movement speed and grabbing lich bane right after i get phil stone + boots of swiftness. easy to farm it if you have smite as a spell. it seems to me nunu is the ultimate kiter/runner. only get 1 consume for the hp regen and then start in bloodboil after you max out ice blast. i always end up being the carry on the team and winning about 90% of my games with nunu. movement speed is key imo.

FiRe2

08-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooK View Post
hmm, i prefer throwing runes in movement speed and grabbing lich bane right after i get phil stone + boots of swiftness. easy to farm it if you have smite as a spell. it seems to me nunu is the ultimate kiter/runner. only get 1 consume for the hp regen and then start in bloodboil after you max out ice blast. i always end up being the carry on the team and winning about 90% of my games with nunu. movement speed is key imo.
I find getting P stone pretty useless. Simply because you get free spells to regain a lot of health, and you should be able to kill your target in 1-3 ice blasts. And smite spell is good for farming, I used to use it, but having a blink and free indestructible is much more viable that smite will ever be. Getting bloodboil early is also pretty useless imo, since you can pretty much spam ice blast. Getting that big of hp regen early allows you to push lanes, and almost never need to heal until you feel like it. Everygame I play nunu I don't end up carrying but I end up being a strong team ganker, going like anywhere from 10-20 kills with X amount of deaths and XX amount of assists.

CantStopThis

08-25-2009

I think lvl 1 consume is enough for lane control. I think early blood boil is great for chasing and support.

FiRe2

08-25-2009

I guess it's just your own play style then. I've never needed blood boil early to chase, due to the fact a 4 second slow with only a 6 second cd, with another allied champion in your lane, should be enough to kill any hero in your lane. I like to get a higher level of consume simply because you can take the frontlines and creep, and everytime your enemy nukes you to harass, they lose mana, and you can null all damage they did by eating one creep with a high ranked level of consume. It makes it so that you are not required to get hp regen items.

DeAdLiNe

08-25-2009

Uh I play Nunu more aggressive.I build mana regan items in start ,because blast is great ,after that i start building slowing items and crit chance+ dmg items.Because ice blast slows really nice ,and when you get to your target you slow him with the hammer (not familiar with all names).Blood boil gives u great speed and att spd which makes u a killing machine.Your build looks more caster like.

FiRe2

08-25-2009

Yeah, I've been meaning to try frozen mallet on nunu, but I haven't quite gotten around to it, it seems extremely viable. I plan to extensively play nunu to try all the suggestions you guys post here to better my guide. As for mana regen items, I don't find it too neccessary since every X(dont know the exact number) amount of hits, you get a free cast. I generally use it either for consume, harassing, or ganking with iceblast.