Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mia button

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crysknife

05-02-2011

Actually, how hard would it be to implement enemy champion portraits like the friendly ones on the left? And then click the portrait of the enemy champion to say "MIA"? Could also help with hectic teamfight targeting and all.

I recognize this would come with its own set of coding challenges, but would be extremely useful on many counts.

Moonpuncher

05-02-2011

A more intelligent ping system would go a long way to communicating with the infamous BR and Korean folk. QQ aside, this type of communication can be helpful with teams full of solo queue. Most of the time I know exactly what a ping is for (defend tower, gank, attack tower), but having a more robust system could really help separate the game from others. LoL is already billed as a slightly more casual-friendly "Dota evolved", and its these advanced features that are really setting it apart.

inb4 people having a problem with that last statement.

KaydenceV2

05-02-2011

Quote:
boourns:
Great ideas here. Question for the community: How important is it to be able to say *who* is MIA? Do you consider it more important to know that someone is missing, or is the specific champion the most important?

To better answer this question, it really depends more on the specific champion. It's not as important to categorize any specific champion to make them priority to keep watch on, it's more about keeping track of ANY champion, especially if that champion was fed.

ANY champion for that matter would make it necessary to keep an eye on, having this implemented into the game to be an instant MIA-Tracker would take away "some" of the skill in the game, and, would cause players to become even more lazy because there would be less mistake's made, which would eliminate a % of successful ganks.

It's not that just any one specific champion needs to keep an eye on, because ANY champion if fed, can become just as strong as any one specific champion.

Edit: Having this idea implemented, sure, it's a good idea, but what do we really lose from a portion of the game as it is now and compare it to what we gain for the future of game's after an idea like this has been implemented? We really gotta put some thought into this system before I can just say I'm on board 100%, there needs to be some kind of tweaking to it so that it doesn't cause people to get lazy. it doesn't take THAT much just to hit enter, type "MIA (name/lane here)".

How-ever you can implement a "manual" version of an idea like this. People don't often bother to read the chat box and usually miss the MIA shouts. So, I propose that who'ever notices the person being MIA, instead of it auto-matically displaying someone as MIA on it's own, which would cause the game to become lazy, have it so that people manually click on the enemy portrait and click to label it as MIA, this way the enemy portrait will light up once the enemy re-appears. The portrait display will be dimmed, just as it is when you hold down the Tab button, and it lighting up when-ever that enemy champion show's up somewhere on the map.

For this type of method, add a second full list of enemy portait displays to the UI default, and place it either on the right side of the in-game UI, or, on the left side in slightly smaller portraits next to the default allied champion portraits.

Thegatso

05-02-2011

Quote:
boourns:
Great ideas here. Question for the community: How important is it to be able to say *who* is MIA? Do you consider it more important to know that someone is missing, or is the specific champion the most important?

ABSOLUTELY the specific champion.

Perhaps the lane (bot mid top), but definitely the specific champ.

inb4
Quote:
boourns:
soon™

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

05-02-2011

Quote:
boourns:

Most important thing is the lane that's missing. The mid will know from which direction a gank can come from, and top/bot don't need to react as much to the lane on the other side being mia.

I'd say calling out specific champions is something less important because only a select few require more attention then usual.

Mr Knox

05-02-2011

Quote:
BeltFedHappiness:
While i like the concept of clicking on an enemy champ...I think it might be too complex.
Currently, if you press G and click an area..it pings.
How about simply doing it like so: Press V/X and click. It pings, but it is an different sound and color maybe?

I like this idea.

V for mia, and the ping makes a more dramatic dangerous sound.

X for champion has returned, which makes a happy sound.

I think just knowing *someone* is MIA, and being able to report where they are MIA from quickly and simply is more important than being able to say "Shaco is the exact champ that is MIA".

If you want to be able to report a certain champ MIA via a control click of a portrait for example, I'd just ask that that particular UI feature be togglable so my screen doesn't get cluttered.

Toast Defender

05-02-2011

Quote:
boourns:

I think there should be something much like the WoW addon "BG Defender". Add 3 buttons..."1" "2" and "Re".

Button "1" - When single clicked, uses your location (top, mid, or bot lane) to announce 1 mia. For example, it would say "1 mia bot" if you are in bottom lane when you click it
Button "2" - Same as the "1" button, only would announce 2 mia
"Re" Button - When clicked, announces that the mia has returned. Eg. "Bot re."

It is a little bit hard to explain, but that particular WoW addon was EXTREMELY useful in my experience. I could definitely see the same idea working well here.

(Sorry about the bad formatting, it isn't working properly : /)

Kadromar

05-02-2011

I like the idea of an MIA button. I don't like the idea of enemy champ portraits further cluttering the screen. I already take issue with the fact you can't move your own team's portraits around to afford more peripheral vision.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

05-02-2011

I can't tell you the number of times I've been killed while typing mia. Blurg.

albanoid

05-02-2011

This would be nice... for lazy ppl.